Dingle
125+1
Warny
akagreengull
VillageGreen
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Who Should Stay and Who Should Go? Empty
PostSubject: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?   Who Should Stay and Who Should Go? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:17 am

Contracts for many of the first team are coming to an end in the next few weeks so if it were up to you who would you offer a new contract too and who would you release into the wild to fend for himself?

Players out of contract are

Cole
Branston
Hourihane
Chadwick
Feeney
Chenoweth
Bhasera
Wotton
Lowry
Vassell
Gurrieri
Charles

I would be offering new contracts to Cole, Hourihane and Bhasera.

Depending on how they feel fitness wise and if they could last another season Branston and Wotton to keep the experience at the club.

Mixed feeling about Chenoweth he is a good young keeper who we should keep hold off but if he isn't going to get games or remain 3rd choice we may aswell let him go again. Same for Gurrieri he is 50/50 for me.

Chadwick, Feeney and Lowry can feck off. Vassell i've not seen anything off him to make a opinion.

As for Charles im not too sure. if he stays great but if he goes i wouldn't be surprised another 50/50

Last edited by Angry of Mayfair on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To add charles and reasons for/against)
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?   Who Should Stay and Who Should Go? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:51 am

Gurrieri should be offered a new contract,as he has been an absolute star just of late..

Cole - retain
Branston - retain
Hourihane - retain
Chadwick - reject
Feeney - reject
Chenoweth - reject
Bhasera - retain
Wotton - retain [give him a coaching role !!]
Lowry -retain
Vassell - retain
Gurrieri - retain
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?   Who Should Stay and Who Should Go? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:06 am

why keep lowry?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?   Who Should Stay and Who Should Go? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:13 am

Have every confidence that Sheridan (if he stays) will make the right calls, as long as Chadshit and Feeney are on their way out, thats all that matters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?   Who Should Stay and Who Should Go? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:49 am

Guerreri, cole, Baz, BRANSTON and Hourihane, let the rest go.
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?   Who Should Stay and Who Should Go? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:15 pm

Of that lot I'd retain:

Cole
Hourihane
Bhasera

In a quandry:

Branston - maybe only on a short deal until Jan.
Vassell - with a view to loan out, again probably a short deal.

I was hoping Gilmartin was on a one year deal as he'd be off too.

Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?   Who Should Stay and Who Should Go? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 2:46 pm

What about Anthoney Charles, didnt he sign a deal until the end of the season
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?   Who Should Stay and Who Should Go? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 2:57 pm

125+1 wrote:
What about Anthoney Charles, didnt he sign a deal until the end of the season

yes he did he slipped my mind ill add him now thanks Smile im sure Jared Sims too is on a year deal but not to sure.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?   Who Should Stay and Who Should Go? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Is Lowry injured or out of favour. I think Anthony Charles looks steady if not spectacular at this level.

What if scouts from other clubs are taking note of Conor Hourihane's improvement. John Sheridan (and Fletcher) both rank him highly - would we sell him if the price was right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?   Who Should Stay and Who Should Go? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 3:20 pm

£25k and any of them are gone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?   Who Should Stay and Who Should Go? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 3:50 pm

Not much to say about staying given most have agreed with the discards already and I would expect most would agree them. I am a bit surprised Bhasera is still here to be honest. He is one player who has been pretty consitant throughout and I would class as being a better player than League 2. He has been surprisingly loyal as well. Hourihane has come on loads this season end and maybe because of the faith shown in him with the Captain's armband. He might get an offer of better. Not seen that much of Charles to judge so a difficult one. I suspect at least 5 maybe 6 of the list will go to give Sheridan, if he stays, the chance to change people around to a maximum. If Sheridan goes then it is likely anyone new would want the chance to do that anyway so the results would be much the same. Gurriere I would keep. Think he's decent at this level. I like Branston and think he has at least another season in him. Wotton is the sentimental choice. On balance would give him one more season.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?   Who Should Stay and Who Should Go? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 5:47 pm

I'd like to-

Retain:

-Hourihane
-Cole
-Bhasera
- Sims
-Gurrieri

Release:

-Vassell
-Chenoweth
-Lowry
-Chadwick
-Feeney
-Branston
-Charles

Really unsure about Wotton. I'd just and only just put him into the 'release' category but I wouldn't be gutted if he stayed on much lower wages.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?   Who Should Stay and Who Should Go? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 7:58 pm

release : see my signature
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?   Who Should Stay and Who Should Go? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:01 pm

brent should go
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?   Who Should Stay and Who Should Go? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Keep Cole. Retain Reid. Hang on to Hourihane. Buy Bryan.

Cull Chadwick. Fling Feeney.

I'm bored of this now.

Cole, Hourihane, Berry, Branston, Bhasera, Cowan-Hall, Gurreri, Cox- keep them.

The rest can go.

I'd like to see Sheridan get a long contract and be given carte blanche on players and staff.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?   Who Should Stay and Who Should Go? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Keep Cole, Branston, Hourihane, Bhasera and Gurrieri and let the rest leave. Top 7 is a must for me next season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?   Who Should Stay and Who Should Go? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?
Page 1 of 1