Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!

Go down 
+37
harvetheslayer
RegGreen
Keyholder
Cornish Chris
Hitch
PatDunne
Les Miserable
Elias
seadog
Tringreen
Tgwu
Rickler
Rollo Tomasi
Charlie Wood
Czarcasm
Chemical Ali
AstiSpumante
RD104
sufferedsince 68
lawnmowerman
green_genie
Quaysideq
Greenskin
shonbo
Moist_Von_Lipwig
pepsipete
Pete1886
Sir Francis Drake
Peter Ryan
PlymptonPilgrim
mouldyoldgoat
Coxside_Green
a39er
GreenSam
Dick Trickle
Mock Cuncher
Richard Blight
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Hitch

Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:34 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
Hitch wrote:
seadog wrote:
Hitch wrote:
seadog wrote:
The religious nuts are winning, creationism is being taught in schools FFS!

Ha - and that in the only secular democracy on the planet - where 46% of its population believe the earth is less than 6000 years old. Quite staggering really - it would be easier for a black female lesbian jew to be elected President than a non-theist.

Schools in the UK!

I know! It really is a form of child abuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3pDHB5P3Xk

Is that your AFT stump speech Josh? Could work

Read some decent literature by really clever people, Josh - it'll help your education and help to make you a more rounded, knowledgeable and balanced adult.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:43 pm

Hitch - I respect all religions and opinions, I take philosophy and ethics at A Level and so have no choice but to maintain an open mind. I respect atheism, and believe it's much more likely that there will be nothing after death rather than a specific afterlife, but that doesn't mean necessarily that their opinions are wrong.

I agree in that science leaves little space for religion, it makes perfect sense to me! However, there's one, fundamental question that will continue to provoke mankind for the rest of its existence, this being 'what happens after death?'. Atheism can't explain it, but IMO neither can religion. I'm fully agnostic, and approach life with what I like to think an open mind.

Whether you agree or not with their views it's your lack of respect that annoys me most. You're clearly not interested in religion which is fine, but you criticise those who bring their children up and into a specific religion. You are an atheist and so when you have/had children, you will bring/brought them up into a world where you treat atheism as fact. How is this any different?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:47 pm

A post moved and I have a PM - click onto inbox and there's a message.. Only I can't read it, it's 'been deleted before it arrived' but I can see someone tried. I have no idea what's going on, but it's certainly getting quite concerning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:52 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Keep up Pitbull/ Cobi  Laughing -

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=15&p=1529603#p1529603

I take it there must be something hidden in opinions as well then? I'll have to have a sneaky peek.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:55 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
A post moved and I have a PM - click onto inbox and there's a message.. Only I can't read it, it's 'been deleted before it arrived' but I can see someone tried. I have no idea what's going on, but it's certainly getting quite concerning.

Probably the mods reading your pm's, quick password change, have a snoop then out again, seriously don't ever use the pasoti pm system to send any messages that you wish to remain confidential, they have previous for this believe me.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:57 pm

Josh Pope wrote:

On pasoti?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:58 pm

Yeah but I can still see someone has sent me a message, but it's been delivered.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:02 pm

I have no truck with anybody who finds religion a comfort and wish to practice it privately or as a community. However I fervently believe that all religions should be separated from the state and absolutely not funded by it.
Children should be taught to make up their own minds about religion and not have it forced upon them.
The suicide bombing community is entirely faith based with brain-washed kids, the genital mutilation community is almost entirely faith based. Well I want that form of religious teaching well away from my kids.
As far as the life after death question is concerned - assume there isn't - don't be a coward and seek false hope and live and behave each day that you are alive as very special.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:05 pm

So you going to vote for Frank or no?
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:07 pm

Iggy wrote:
So you going to vote for Frank or no?

LOL no Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:13 pm

Hitch wrote:
I have no truck with anybody who finds religion a comfort and wish to practice it privately or as a community. However I fervently believe that all religions should be separated from the state and absolutely not funded by it.
Children should be taught to make up their own minds about religion and not have it forced upon them.
The suicide bombing community is entirely faith based with brain-washed kids, the genital mutilation community is almost entirely faith based. Well I want that form of religious teaching well away from my kids.
As far as the life after death question is concerned - assume there isn't - don't be a coward and seek false hope and live and behave each day that you are alive as very special.

I agree, but religious people find mutilation disgusting, and I agree you should be allowed to make a choice. I was brought up in a Catholic family but have rejected that and I think my family have now too. They said when I was 13 or so that it was my choice, but that I respected their religion. I do and attend Church twice a year, at Christmas and Easter. That's fine with me, and I absolutely agree children don't have enough choice in their faith - though it only works anyway if they're given a fair showing of what faith and non-faith is like.

I don't think you can judge all Muslims on some extremists, to me, those people are not Muslims - many in the UK would agree as well I would expect, it's unfair they have their religion used in the name of war, when many are very peaceful beings, and I get on with several Muslims and people with other faiths very well.

I always wonder what happens when we do pass on, but I wouldn't take any chances. I fully agree, live every day as your last because we know neither when we will go or what will happen afterwards. The thought of emptiness after life scares me so much that it forces me into living life more than I would otherwise. It's a good attitude to have IMO.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:31 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
Hitch wrote:

I agree, but religious people find mutilation disgusting, and I agree you should be allowed to make a choice. I was brought up in a Catholic family but have rejected that and I think my family have now too. They said when I was 13 or so that it was my choice, but that I respected their religion. I do and attend Church twice a year, at Christmas and Easter. That's fine with me, and I absolutely agree children don't have enough choice in their faith - though it only works anyway if they're given a fair showing of what faith and non-faith is like.

I don't think you can judge all Muslims on some extremists, to me, those people are not Muslims - many in the UK would agree as well I would expect, it's unfair they have their religion used in the name of war, when many are very peaceful beings, and I get on with several Muslims and people with other faiths very well.

I always wonder what happens when we do pass on, but I wouldn't take any chances. I fully agree, live every day as your last because we know neither when we will go or what will happen afterwards. The thought of emptiness after life scares me so much that it forces me into living life more than I would otherwise. It's a good attitude to have IMO.

Josh - when you have a few hours spare listen to this Intelligence Squared debate between Christopher Hitchens and Stephen Fry, on one side, and Archbishop John Onaiyekan and Ann Widdecombe over the motion “The Catholic Church is a Force for Good in the World”. It's not just about Muslims!

Hitchens/Fry v Catholics

Finally Josh - discover the genius of Christopher Hitchens, albeit posthumously, - he died 3 years ago from cancer but has left a legacy of extraordinary writings and recorded debates
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:49 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
Hitch - I respect all religions and opinions, I take philosophy and ethics at A Level and so have no choice but to maintain an open mind. I respect atheism, and believe it's much more likely that there will be nothing after death rather than a specific afterlife, but that doesn't mean necessarily that their opinions are wrong.

I agree in that science leaves little space for religion, it makes perfect sense to me! However, there's one, fundamental question that will continue to provoke mankind for the rest of its existence, this being 'what happens after death?'. Atheism can't explain it, but IMO neither can religion. I'm fully agnostic, and approach life with what I like to think an open mind.

Whether you agree or not with their views it's your lack of respect that annoys me most. You're clearly not interested in religion which is fine, but you criticise those who bring their children up and into a specific religion. You are an atheist and so when you have/had children, you will bring/brought them up into a world where you treat atheism as fact. How is this any different?

What happens after death is our bodies become wormfood and a natural fertiliser for the soil.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:53 pm

Hitch wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:
Hitch wrote:

Josh - when you have a few hours spare listen to this Intelligence Squared debate between Christopher Hitchens and Stephen Fry, on one side, and Archbishop John Onaiyekan and Ann Widdecombe over the motion “The Catholic Church is a Force for Good in the World”. It's not just about Muslims!

Hitchens/Fry v Catholics

Finally Josh - discover the genius of Christopher Hitchens, albeit posthumously, - he died 3 years ago from cancer but has left a legacy of extraordinary writings and recorded debates

Careful Hitch, ATD's left wing militia will be sharpening their sandals!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:55 pm

Hitch wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:
Hitch wrote:

Hitchens/Fry v Catholics

Also one of the biggest supporters of the war in iraq too so he wasnt all wise and knowing
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 11:06 pm

There was a great debate between Hitchens and George Galloway on the Iraq war

Hitchens v Galloway
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 4:36 am

The Hitch.......ens has it bang on. That doesn't make one left or right wing. It is simply being a realist.
Back to top Go down
Quaysideq

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 5:03 pm

As a very very new person on here (AFT member looking at candidates standing for the Board as I have received little about them) I remain very concerned that some of the candidates should be in the Trust at all, let alone stand for the Board. I will be addressing this with the members.

As for the Religious debate...I'm with Hitch. We eradicated the Gods of Zeus and Thor centuries ago as an example. Science is slowly but surely explaining everything...Science will get there.

However, I am extremely tolerant of people's beliefs. The Muslim hate should not be welcome at the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 7:41 pm

This is the posts which you've not been able to read due to their recent "trial".  ATD: the site that's always giving.

Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 Newell10

It seems Frank still hasn't answered the latest questions posed to him:

Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 Captur10

And Womble has his say to.

Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 Ollie11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 7:48 pm

Quaysideq wrote:
As a very very new person on here (AFT member looking at candidates standing for the Board as I have received little about them) I remain very concerned that some of the candidates should be in the Trust at all, let alone stand for the Board. I will be addressing this with the members.

As for the Religious debate...I'm with Hitch. We eradicated the Gods of Zeus and Thor centuries ago as an example. Science is slowly but surely explaining everything...Science will get there.

However, I am extremely tolerant of people's beliefs. The Muslim hate should not be welcome at the club.

Apologies for PASOTI - I'm a big user of it but their reluctance to show the forum or represent fairly etc etc means it's difficult.
Back to top Go down
Quaysideq

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 7:55 pm

Thanks. All very bizarre isn't it.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 8:04 pm

Welcome Quayside, seen a few of those.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 5:04 am

Will he pay a visit to Brentonside?

Plymouth pub set to return to its gay roots

The Compass Inn public house on Bretonside is set to be revisit its old name of The Swallow and its old honour of being Plymouth’s foremost Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) pub

I use to go in there after a branch meeting of TGWU who had their office's next door.

Was it alway's called The Swallow before it went to the Compass.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Plymouth-pub-set-return-gay-roots/story-24555577-detail/story.html
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 6:16 am

Tgwu, if I remember rightly it used to be called The Regent back in the late 70s early 80s.
Back to top Go down
Quaysideq

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 9:02 am

Tgwu, it was also called the G Spot for a brief period of time with a lime green wall. I believe Hawkins has now closed as an LGBT establishment. I remember the tgwu building.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!   Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread! - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Het Knarf Reprah AKA Frank Harper question thread!
Page 13 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next