Les Miserable
gasser9
argyle_till_i_die
Greenskin
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Peter Jones  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 8:59 pm

Graiser wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Mismanaged by a Board who closed their eyes, put their fingers in their ears and hoped against hope that 'everything would be alright'. Stapes has since admitted as much.

The absolute equivalent is for fans to do the same. To follow, to not question, to clap along and ignore the warnings. Maybe if there were more of 'our' type pointing out the flaws and less of 'your' type ignoring alarm bells a few years ago, then things may not have degenerated to the state they did.

No problem in drawing attention to concerns about the board, any board in any company is there to be shot at, but I don't recall any of my "type" or your "type" having a pop at the previous board until the proverbial hit the fan.
I would just like to hear once in a while from your "type" what your alternative business plan is ? all very fine wanting Brent out, whose coming in to replace him then ?

Did you really buy all that "there is no alternative" crap?

If the club were marketed properly then we would have interest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 8:59 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Mismanaged by a Board who closed their eyes, put their fingers in their ears and hoped against hope that 'everything would be alright'. Stapes has since admitted as much.

The absolute equivalent is for fans to do the same. To follow, to not question, to clap along and ignore the warnings. Maybe if there were more of 'our' type pointing out the flaws and less of 'your' type ignoring alarm bells a few years ago, then things may not have degenerated to the state they did.

We all know what happened but I don't know what you mean by my type, I didn't run the club then and don't now.
So what type am I ?
I've read and heard lots of comments about the current board, but yelling "Brent out" is hardly a business plan is it ?
Now if there was a yell of "Brent out" cos Chris Dawsons agreed to be Argyle's benefactor and he's going to build a 25-30k stadium then I'd be jumping up and down at that thought, but it ain't going to happen is it ?
I read all the criticism about Brent, probably some of it justified, but I don't read any alternative suggestions and that's my beef.

Graiser wrote:
There's been managers, chairmen and players I've disliked over the years but they're managing/playing for the club I support and that's all there is to it for me.

Your last sentence demonstrates what type you are. It doesn't really matter what happens, you blindly follow.

That's it for me now, I'm out.
As I thought, you have no alternative.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:03 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

No problem in drawing attention to concerns about the board, any board in any company is there to be shot at, but I don't recall any of my "type" or your "type" having a pop at the previous board until the proverbial hit the fan.
I would just like to hear once in a while from your "type" what your alternative business plan is ? all very fine wanting Brent out, whose coming in to replace him then ?

If you read it properly I didn't state there's no alternative, I was asking where are the alternative suggestions ? at least you've come up with something which is quite a rarity on here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:07 pm

Graiser wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

If you read it properly I didn't state there's no alternative, I was asking where are the alternative suggestions ? at least you've come up with something which is quite a rarity on here

it would be so nice if someone with a differing point of view could express it without the constant digs at the forum. Ruins your whole argument.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:11 pm

Advertise the club properly, that is the simple alternative.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:18 pm

Ok, one last time... Rolling Eyes

This site exists in no small part as a platform to speak out against shenanigans and blatant untruths that otherwise would go unquestioned. Yeaman raises a good recent example. If I'd had a pound for every time we were told unequivocally that "THERE IS NO PLAN B" if it went tits up by either Brent, Starnes, Webb or any of the other hangers-on then I could have treated us all to a slap up meal on the proceeds.

Then what happens? Yes that's right, Brent announces to the world on Saturday that "we're on to PLAN B". clown

This site, unlike the other, will highlight these sort of actions that are at very best misleading, and at worst completely holding fans in contempt.

This site doesn't exist (as you seem to think) to provide Brent with a business plan. But when his plans blatantly take the piss, we are here to give it the airtime it deserves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:22 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

This site exists in no small part as a platform to speak out against shenanigans and blatant untruths that otherwise would go unquestioned. Yeaman raises a good recent example. If I'd had a pound for every time we were told unequivocally that "THERE IS NO PLAN B" if it went tits up by either Brent, Starnes, Webb or any of the other hangers-on then I could have treated us all to a slap up meal on the proceeds.

Then what happens? Yes that's right, Brent announces to the world on Saturday that "we're on to PLAN B". clown

This site, unlike the other, will highlight these sort of actions that are at very best misleading, and at worst completely holding fans in contempt.  

That's right, Brent's plan B, not yours, not anybody else's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:23 pm

Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:24 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

it would be so nice if someone with a differing point of view could express it without the constant digs at the forum. Ruins your whole argument.
By referring to the forum, I meant the posters on the forum, apologies for the misunderstanding
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:26 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Spot on czarcs, graiser xthrobber etc they are all forelock tugging gratefuls, Brent runs the club on the basis that Argyle fans are terminally simple!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:29 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

This site doesn't exist (as you seem to think) to provide Brent with a business plan. But when his plans blatantly take the piss, we are here to give it the airtime it deserves.

Well if your happy to continue shouting yah, boo then crack on, I'd like to back it up with a plan for consultation if I could, might get listened to then
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:31 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Spot on czarcs, graiser xthrobber etc they are all forelock tugging gratefuls, Brent runs the club on the basis that Argyle fans are terminally simple!
I think your right there, it would seem most are !
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:37 pm

Graiser wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I think your right there, it would seem most are !

Very true Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:44 pm

party animal
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 10:54 pm

Since it is Plymouth Council supplying the funds (circa £800k) to reduce the balloon payment and since it is Plymouth Council who seem likely to build the Grandstand i say BRENT OUT and give us back the £900,000 you have trousered from the Pavillions scam...........
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 5:39 am

Graiser wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

A few of us 'one trick ponies' did try to warn of what would eventually happen to attendance figures, costs, player and coaching departures etc etc because the board were financially outclassed at the level and refused to even try to do a job on promoting the club and selling up at a Plymouth price to someone better placed to back a promotion push.
We were told the club was making 'year on year progress', 'we have a sustainable model', 'enjoy the ride' and most tellingly, 'I'll never hear a bad word about that man and his lovely family'.
We were banned from pasoti and wherever we tried to establish a new platform of free speech we were hounded and the old AT was infiltrated and closed down.Clubs without top flight history/ a wow factor stadium/ some money in the boardroom when needed, rarely survive for long at championship level.

Now that those fronting pasoti own it , have switched their trust to another 'lovely family' and have the run of HP because they are useful bucket rattling jamboys, who keep the heat off the reluctant one, they are like proverbial pigs in $hit and don't want to lose their perks.

How dimwittedly janner is the , 'I just supports my club, I do'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:20 am

Tringreen wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

A few of us 'one trick ponies' did try to warn of what would eventually happen to attendance figures, costs, player and coaching departures etc etc because the board were financially outclassed at the level and refused to even try to do a job on promoting the club and selling up at a Plymouth price to someone better placed to back a promotion push.
We were told the club was making 'year on year progress', 'we have a sustainable model', 'enjoy the ride' and most tellingly, 'I'll never hear a bad word about that man and his lovely family'.
We were banned from pasoti and wherever we tried to establish a new platform of free speech we were hounded and the old AT was infiltrated and closed down.Clubs without top flight history/ a wow factor stadium/ some money in the boardroom when needed, rarely survive for long at championship level.

Now that those fronting pasoti  own it , have switched their trust to another 'lovely family' and have the run of HP because they are useful bucket rattling jamboys, who keep the heat off the reluctant one, they are like proverbial pigs in $hit and don't want to lose their perks.

Whilst both camps are painting themselves into a corner, I'm in this trench!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:25 am

Graiser wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

That's right, Brent's plan B, not yours, not anybody else's

Mot much of a plan B though is it, go running to council whenever something goes tits up and he might have to spend his own money. He saved the club with public money and the public seems to have handed him the car park at home park and the pavillions. In return we have seen 2 lowest league placing in our history, 2 exits at the first stage to non league teams and our captain sold for a plymouth price. Plus the football has been piss poor throughout. I'm sure we can do better than that
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 7:33 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Now that those fronting pasoti  own it , have switched their trust to another 'lovely family' and have the run of HP because they are useful bucket rattling jamboys, who keep the heat off the reluctant one, they are like proverbial pigs in $hit and don't want to lose their perks.

Whilst both camps are painting themselves into a corner, I'm in this trench!!

I love you Bandy Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones    Peter Jones  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peter Jones
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4