Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated?

Go down 
+4
Czarcasm
Richard Blight
Rollo Tomasi
Greenskin
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated?   Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 5:27 pm

Iggy wrote:
All conjecture though tbh.

I would say that simply insisting that Sheridan knows best all the time, without ever assessing his actual decisions or analysing the match, is a far dodgier foundation for a viewpoint.

Given that we don't win far more than we win, you're opening Sheridan to a lot of criticism.

Fans generally know when the team is playing well, and when the team deserved more or deserved less. Almost all supporters are in agreement Argyle were not very good yesterday, were generally outplayed and got lucky.

It doesn't really support the idea that Sheridan has us on the promotion express. And there hasn't been an entertaining home performance since Exeter. And arguably our most exciting attacking player has been frozen out for 85% of the football played this season.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated?   Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Y'know when you haven't anything against a team (Spurs, for example), then a new fella in the office decides to bang on and on and on and on and on about Spurs? You then kinda develop an intolerance for Spurs purely due to the new fellas annoying rants.

Well, I never really had anything against Luke Young and Nathan Thomas, but....
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated?   Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:22 pm

lol deadhorse
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated?   Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:55 pm

ejh, are you Nathan's girlfriend by any chance?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated?   Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 8:08 pm

Some players will exceed under a certain management while others might not. Conor didn't do too badly under Sheridan, neither have a number of others, Rueben, Lewis etc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated?   Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 9:08 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
ejh, are you Nathan's girlfriend by any chance?

I've sent him love letters... he doesn't respond. Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated?   Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 9:13 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Y'know when you haven't anything against a team (Spurs, for example), then a new fella in the office decides to bang on and on and on and on and on about Spurs? You then kinda develop an intolerance for Spurs purely due to the new fellas annoying rants.

Well, I never really had anything against Luke Young and  Nathan Thomas, but....

I'm the other way around. I don't particularly have an opinion on a player until Sheridan starts treating them like garbage, and then they become my favourite players cheers cheers cheers

In all honesty I became a firm believer in Thomas at the Newport away game last season when he was incredible. There isn't the likes of such a direct and aggressive player in this league, and yet Sheridan handles him so, so badly. I can't really help but moan. Good to see a thread similar to this raised on pasoti this weekend at Sheridan's baffling treatment of Thomas - more and more fans are starting to see it. Thanks/OK

As for Luke Young, he is doing his thing at a new club. People make a big deal about him dropping down a division, but he is clearly thriving in a new team supported by a manager who has such confidence in him that he can has high esteem in his own abilities. It is a shame if you really want him to fail just to prove an irritating critic like me wrong - Young and Thomas have done nothing wrong except be treated poorly by Sheridan, and not have anyone stick up for them.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated?   Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 9:48 pm

It was a playful analogy. TBH I couldn't give a toss about Young. He's gone. As it goes I rate Thomas from what I've seen of him.

I do wish you'd STFU though. I love you
Back to top Go down
tagz

PostSubject: Re: Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated?   Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 10:30 pm

Wasn't surprised he didn't come on yesterday. Looked like Sheridan told the team to defend the league ands we spent about 75% of the second half in our own half.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated?   Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 10:32 pm

ejh wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Well, I never really had anything against Luke Young and  Nathan Thomas, but....

I'm the other way around. I don't particularly have an opinion on a player until Sheridan starts treating them like garbage, and then they become my favourite players cheers cheers cheers

In all honesty I became a firm believer in Thomas at the Newport away game last season when he was incredible. There isn't the likes of such a direct and aggressive player in this league, and yet Sheridan handles him so, so badly. I can't really help but moan. Good to see a thread similar to this raised on pasoti this weekend at Sheridan's baffling treatment of Thomas - more and more fans are starting to see it. Thanks/OK

As for Luke Young, he is doing his thing at a new club. People make a big deal about him dropping down a division, but he is clearly thriving in a new team supported by a manager who has such confidence in him that he can has high esteem in his own abilities. It is a shame if you really want him to fail just to prove an irritating critic like me wrong - Young and Thomas have done nothing wrong except be treated poorly by Sheridan, and not have anyone stick up for them.

Fookin' 'ell,get the violins out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated?   Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Nathan Thomas being unfairly treated?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2