Rickler
Mock Cuncher
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin

England - Italy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 10:56 pm

Get in!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 10:59 pm

Get out!

Off the line..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:06 pm

Im so tired its unbelievable, on the piss in Penzance until 4 this morning then up before 8, struggling to stay awake, rooaaawwwnnnnn.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:14 am

feck it!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 7:20 am

Disappointing in the end. We were outdone by a very good midfield. Sterling was excellent and Sturridge looked dangerous. Rooney looks a shadow of himself. Such a shame. We had chances but just didn't take them. We'll qualify in second - Costa Rica are average and Uruguay looked absolutely dreadful.
Rooney hasn't scored in a World Cup finals yet - this is his third.

Other than Pirlo and Meratti, Italy looked decidedly average. I doubt they'll go far.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 7:49 am

Most of the damage last night came from Italy's right flank-Baines must be the slowest turning full back in international football history,i'd have taken him off long before half time,makes Robbie Williams look like Maldini.England were quite good attacking wise at times but some terrible final balls and a reluctance to fill the box when decent crosses were provided were the downfall.England have it all to do now-Uruguay are unlikely to play as badly again and Costa Rica can't be all bad,could well be another "we'd have done well if we'd still been there" world cup.Disappointing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:15 am

Costa Rica aren't that bad, maybe they won't win the cup but I reckon they will give us a torrid time. Sometimes you just aren't good enough.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:28 am

I enjoyed the match, disappointing to lose but as you say Iggy just not good enough. Not much diving either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:05 am

It was a good entertaining match but it should be the last time that Rooney starts a match.

We showed passion and we wanted the win and I haven't seen that all that often from an England side. I hope we can manage to get through this stage because this bunch of youngsters will become more and more capable as the tournament continues, but I think we have to acknowledge that it won't be with Rooney.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:17 am

Rooney hardly got mentioned last night from what I heard in commentary.

The only thing he did of note in the match was the cross for the equaliser. An important action but one top moment in 90 minutes does not justify his place and he should be dropped for the next match.

It was quite funny when the pundits said something like "Rooney is having to work hard and he isn't enjoying it" no surprise there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:21 am

In fact where we're our senior players Gerrard included? I know Gerrard dropped deep to protect the defence but I don't think he had a brilliant game, as for Rooney play him down the middle where he's best or don't bother, we have young wingers who can do that better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:33 am

Gerrard played far too deep and even with the clock ticking away there was little attempt to move forward but to be fair, a lot of that can be put down to the Italian attacking. It was a bit frustrating in the second half when the Italians played a defensive game, that's when we should have gambled and moved Gerrard up.

Italy looked a very, very good side last night and they have to be one of the favorites, but it was far from being a doom and gloom match for England.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:39 am

Im not convinced by Cahill and more so by Hart, when he was left stranded after coming out for the Italian ball he didn't get he looked like an idiot, only to be saved by Jagielka on the line. He got away with a bit of a feck up a few minutes before that and laughed it off. Great keeper for grabbing the ball out of the air and some good saves but his positioning a couple of times last night was laughable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:54 am

Yes but there will not be many teams that play at Italian standards. I think we have a reasonable chance if we can get out of this group.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 10:01 am

I enjoyed the match, disappointing to lose but as you say Iggy just not good enough. Not much diving either.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 10:10 am

Iggy wrote:
In fact where we're our senior players Gerrard included? I know Gerrard dropped deep to protect the defence but I don't think he had a brilliant game, as for Rooney play him down the middle where he's best or don't bother, we have young wingers who can do that better.

Agree with that Iggy. Gerrard tried to look cool by spraying some nice passes about, but there was nothing too cutting or direct in there to really trouble Italy. Rooney just doesn't suit a wide role, and Sterling trumped him centrally. I rate Rooney highly as a player still, but I think he'll prove better as an impact sub with 30 mins to go rather than a starter at the minute.

Roy's substitutions were a waste of time also. Zero impact. Henderson was looking pretty good and he pulls him off for a shite Wilshere. Welbeck was looking good so he brings him off. He finally realises Sturridge is knackered and eventually brings him off and gives Lallana 10 minutes in a deflated team. Strange changes by such a tactician.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 10:12 am

Pleased to see a positive approach. Annoyed by how obvious that weakness down our left side was throughout the game though. Where's Ashley Cole when you need him?

Rooney and Gerrard our least effective players. Could do with both picking up minor injuries now. Oxlade Chamberlain and Lallana in please.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 10:28 am

We can still qualify, two games two wins its over to you Roy! i would start with Rooney we need a big performance from him foreshore, but it can be done keep the faith! Come on Ingerland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 10:57 am

I agree with that Suffs, I was just trying to be realistic about our weaknesses after the match. Positives are Sturridge and Stirling, two really decent players that would get into most squads which is all you need to progress, it's rare to find a complete team of stars. To get out of the group would be a massive plus for the England game and our starlets.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:16 am

One good cross from Rooney was the the sum effort of his match.

I hope for Man U's sake they will get something next season for the obscene £300,000 a week that they are supposed to be paying him.

Gerrard's deep roll was wasted near the end when a goal was necessary....surely he was needed for one of his block buster goals.

Uruguay must be smarting after that defeat.....doesn't bode well for England's next game...we could be out of the tournament by 10pm on the 19th very easily.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:28 pm

Baines was Englands worst player, which is worrying. Unless he composes himself against Uruguay I'd put Shaw in against Costa Rica - that's if the match still matters. Rooney has got to the stage where he is an easy target for people. I don't agree with slating players who are asked to sacrifice themselves by playing out of position. He missed a great chance but made a goal. He didn't set the world alight but apart from Sterling Sturridge and Welbeck, he was no worse than the others. We were just crying out for a John Terry to marshall that defence.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:48 pm

GOB wrote:
Gerrard played far too deep and even with the clock ticking away there was little attempt to move forward but to be fair, a lot of that can be put down to the Italian attacking. It was a bit frustrating in the second half when the Italians played a defensive game, that's when we should have gambled and moved Gerrard up.

Italy looked a very, very good side last night and they have to be one of the favorites, but it was far from being a doom and gloom match for England.

Nah. Gerrard is trying to be the English Pirlo. It won't happen. Pirlo looked like he was playing 5 a side. He's so good, I'd expect him to play in the next World Cup.

Our problem is, when we get the ball, we try to score every time. Italy picked their chances.

I am fed up at how silly we can be. At one all, Italy were fine with a draw. Both teams should have parked the bus.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:10 pm

hairy j wrote:
Elias, you're a miserable old shitbag - it only happens every four years and we don't always qualify.

Sterling starting is a brave move. Buffon is out - a big bonus.

a defeat for england is ALWAYS a happy day. enjoy.

uruguay a joke fail to beat them and they should be made to row home!
costa rica were made to look good.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Fantastic Performance, especially in the second half
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 6:04 am

Elias wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Elias, you're a miserable old shitbag - it only happens every four years and we don't always qualify.

Sterling starting is a brave move. Buffon is out - a big bonus.

a defeat for england is ALWAYS a happy day. enjoy.

uruguay a joke fail to beat them and they should be made to row home!
costa rica were made to look good.

Why should an English football fan enjoy an English defeat? If it's about the outrage of what Prem players earn these days, you think the Italians are playing for £300 a week?

Aren't you the fella who bangs on about MK being the real Dons and Wimbledon being phoney?

I think a check-up from the neck up is in order, son.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: England - Italy   England - Italy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

England - Italy
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next