Czarcasm
Chemical Ali
Lord Tisdale
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Exeter City in financial melt down Empty
PostSubject: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 1:56 pm

Well the time has come, we are into the PFA for £100k to pay the wages, we are carting the team and a fester of Suits to Brazil to play Fluminese under 12s, season ticket take up has been atrocious following three shit seasons and the employment of a complete Canute as CEO, we are officially up to our necks in poo.

Feel free to gloat on this 'ere thread and I promise to look in every other day or so to take the licks I deserve for doing fook all about a situation I have seen develop for years.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 2:07 pm

No piss take from me LT, this could easily happen to us again with our spiralling debts (to Brent).

As stated in this article we had to do the same in Feb 2011. It does make you wonder how City can afford all the suits you've often mentioned - Tagg, Perryman etc and Titsdale on £150k pa.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27680399

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 2:26 pm

Another thread on the main board about the Exeter trust's figures-

https://www.argyletd.com/t6865-interesting-insight-into-a-football-clubs-finances#204321
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 2:26 pm

If Tisdale was an honourable fella, he'd waive the rolling part of his contract. He's basically unsackable ain't he? City could never afford to pay him off. I guess their only hope is that City have a decent run and someone comes in for him.

Football in the Southwest really is at pretty much it's lowest ebb.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 2:36 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
No piss take from me LT, this could easily happen to us again with our spiralling debts (to Brent).

As stated in this article we had to do the same in Feb 2011. It does make you wonder how City can afford all the suits you've often mentioned - Tagg, Perryman etc and Titsdale on £150k pa.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27680399

In short we can't afford them and never could.

You are safe though, you don't owe money to Brent, you simply have an increasing level of debt which is consistently rescheduled by a guy who understands the principles involved, worst case you will pick up a serious slap for going in admin again and might finish up in the  Conference for a season or three, bigger clubs than you have been there and come back.

You have gone as low as you can go with a two faced tw@ owning your club, there is nowhere lower to go off field and the Conference ain't that bad. At least you have a shark in your boardroom while we have a collection of fook'tards.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 2:40 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
If Tisdale was an honourable fella, he'd waive the rolling part of his contract. He's basically unsackable ain't he? City could never afford to pay him off. I guess their only hope is that City have a decent run and someone comes in for him.

Tw@sdale will hang on to the death aided and abetted by his little gang, nobody in their right mind would give the loser a job.

The South West is way down on where it was when we were in the Conference with the Turks, then you and the titties were in the Championship while the Gas had not yet imploded and Yeovil were, well, Yeovil were Yeovil, to me they could easily slip back down to the 4th without stopping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Other clubs have wanted him over the years, none can afford him. Promotions from the Conference to League Two, and then from League Two to League One have triggered Tisdale's managerial pay increases, which rolls two years in advance of any given moment.

So for Exeter to sack him tomorrow, they will need to pay him off/owe him two years wages. And immediately replace him. For another club to have him, they need to match his negotiated League One salary (I have read £2,000 p.w.), and ridiculously secure contract terms, which most clubs won't. So Paul Tisdale for all League Two clubs and almost all League One clubs, is unobtainable, and succeeding in his current seasonal objective of keeping Exeter in the football league is hardly likely to attract any Championship attention. The bloke is on far more than any of his own star players, and has one of the most secure contracts in English football.

If Exeter do go down to the Conference, it will be interesting to see how they finally sort the Tisdale situation out. At least when we were being held ransom by Purse and Bhasera, another club took on Purse's wage in the short term (thank God he agreed to it), and Bhasera basically disappeared when his contract finally ran out. Two options Exeter don't have - just a continual commitment to keep paying this bloke far in excess of a) what the club can afford b) what he is worth.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 3:17 pm

No gloating here. Just because you correctly predicted a situation doesn't make you guilty for not intervening. It's just a football club, albeit one that I'm guessing for reasons of birth (who'd choose Exeter or Plymouth) you're wedded to.

Hope you find a way out although if you do go down I hope it's spectacular.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 5:13 pm

And you'll probably out do us yet again next season. Say what you like about Brent, he's a fooktard and a shark, he was opening bottles with his ring piece back in March until Wrathall bailed him out, he was well pissed off with us for pointing out his problems as he feared a bit of a run on the club with people calling in debts that he couldn't afford to pay (allegedly) so we are only about two steps behind your lot.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 6:13 pm

If argyle have another season of negative tactics at homepark against dire crap, we will have a financial melt down! it will just be jimmy b and x throbber left in the trenches! sad times all round.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Well the time has come, we are into the PFA for £100k to pay the wages, we are carting the team and a fester of Suits to Brazil to play Fluminese under 12s, season ticket take up has been atrocious following three shit seasons and the employment of a complete Canute as CEO, we are officially up to our necks in poo.

Feel free to gloat on this 'ere thread and I promise to look in every other day or so to take the licks I deserve for doing fook all about a situation I have seen develop for years.

For what it's worth LT, no gloating here mate - good luck, hope it works out!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 7:22 pm

Can't they just cash in one some of their young players?
They got lots coming through, it's always worked for them in the past
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 7:23 pm

ejh wrote:
(I have read £2,000 p.w.), and ridiculously secure contract terms,

Still not even getting close then.

Tisdale is on £3,000 a week with a two tear rolling contract, it would be cheaper to take out a contract on him than to pay his up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 8:31 pm

Well get the Mossad crew on it, they've been seen around and about of late.  clown 
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 10:19 am

Very sad to see ECFC in such trouble.
I hope they get out of it.
After Argyle my second favourite club and certainly no gloating here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 10:30 am

gasser9 wrote:

Takes all sorts I suppose  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 10:32 am

I still wouldn't be betting that we'll finish higher than them next season  Neutral 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 1:44 am

gasser9 wrote:

Is this James Brent,, and are you still struggling to 'get' football?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 7:50 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
I still wouldn't be betting that we'll finish higher than them next season  Neutral 

Nor me
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 1:31 am

We're saved, our Cup Final in the opening fixture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 9:16 am

We do all we can to help those more needy than ourselves, well get Porky to rattle some buckets for you shall we?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 11:05 am

Iggy wrote:
We do all we can to help those more needy than ourselves, well get Porky to rattle some buckets for you shall we?

Very gracious Iggster, although Porky is more of a kicker than a rattler, but I am not sure we are actually "more needy", you have some monster debts coming due shortly whereas we are merely short of a pot to pith in.

The Pompey game will get our leeches out of an early season head lock, assuming of course that the fook'tards use the visit of the one big team at our level more successfully than they usually exploit the DD, so not too much chance really I suppose.

First game, Deb'n in August, new start for a re-emerging Giant, been talking to some Pompey lads and they are well up for a major invasion, could easily bring 3 or 4 thousand which is monster in the modern era, we should give them as much of the ground as they can sell, Tisdale's Tossers will not be drawing many City fans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City in financial melt down   Exeter City in financial melt down Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter City in financial melt down
Page 1 of 1