Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FAO our Exeter city friends

Go down 
AuthorMessage

FAO our Exeter city friends Empty
PostSubject: FAO our Exeter city friends   FAO our Exeter city friends EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Just out of interest how come exeter city never considered going into partnership with the cheifs when sandy park was being thought up?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: FAO our Exeter city friends   FAO our Exeter city friends EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:02 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Just out of interest how come exeter city never considered going into partnership with the cheifs when sandy park was being thought up?

It was considered but the conditions were just too harsh, Tony Rowe didn't get where he is by pussying on a deal. Mainly the issues of access to SP for a game that requires segregation of the fans and the huge lump of cash the egg chasers wanted at a time when we didn't have a pot to poo in were what killed the whole thing before it could draw a breath.

A poll of City faithful revealed a sizeable majority that didn't want to play at an out of town plastic dome irrespective of the extra capacity which a tiny club like ours would only need when a huge club like PAFC was in town.

Ground redevelopment is a major issue with half of poor old Sid James falling apart at the seams, but beggars of course can't choosers. We have just renewed our deal with our club chairman who is going to deliver us a fantastic new half a ground, unfortunately the fat, feckin useless, Man United supporting, geriatric tw@ of an ex pen pushing DCC blood sucker has drawn wedge for the last three years, spent a small fortune on his mates in the consultancy business, while delivering two fifths of three eights of fook all.

I take it all right thinking West Country people were supporting the Mighty Chiefs in their valiant yet unsuccessful attempt to unseat the reigning European Champions this evening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO our Exeter city friends   FAO our Exeter city friends EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:32 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

It was considered but the conditions were just too harsh, Tony Rowe didn't get where he is by pussying on a deal. Mainly the issues of access to SP for a game that requires segregation of the fans and the huge lump of cash the egg chasers wanted at a time when we didn't have a pot to poo in were what killed the whole thing before it could draw a breath.

A poll of City faithful revealed a sizeable majority that didn't want to play at an out of town plastic dome irrespective of the extra capacity which a tiny club like ours would only need when a huge club like PAFC was in town.

Ground redevelopment is a major issue with half of poor old Sid James falling apart at the seams, but beggars of course can't choosers. We have just renewed our deal with our club chairman who is going to deliver us a fantastic new half a ground, unfortunately the fat, feckin useless, Man United supporting, geriatric tw@ of an ex pen pushing DCC blood sucker has drawn wedge for the last three years, spent a small fortune on his mates in the consultancy business, while delivering two fifths of three eights of fook all.

I take it all right thinking West Country people were supporting the Mighty Chiefs in their valiant yet unsuccessful attempt to unseat the reigning European Champions this evening.

thanks for answering Lord Tisdale

From the outside looking i thought it would have been ideal for city to move to a bigger stadium as SJP being in a built up area redevelopment would be tricky and restricted but your reasonings for not going in on a ground share seem understandable your chairman makes brent look pucker by the soounds of it.

i did watch the game it was a good showing from the cheifs, Again its pains me to see the cheifs doing so well as Plymouth Albion has no intention of sorting themselves out on and off the field to reach the prem which they could do if the board had ambition and drive too to look beyond hospitality and look to bring money into the club to invest in the side.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: FAO our Exeter city friends   FAO our Exeter city friends EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Looking beyond Tony Rowe and the money he has found the Chiefs have a great programme and because they hit their straps at the right time a serious edge as the designated regional development centre for 'elite players'.

I myself still carry the scars of numerous encounters with the Plymouth College, Demport HS and the Albion, I did though win good money from the lads I played with at Sarries over a cup match back in the eighties when they thought they had only to turn up, them boys learned a lesson about West Country rugby that day.

Re grounds I am totally old school, I would take an open terrace in the middle of town with a dozen pubs and a wall to have a piss agin every time over an out of town corporate glam box full of plassy seats. Saltergate was one of my favourites along with Gay Meadow, the meccano all seaters that replaced them have no soul, gimme the Dell over St Marys every day, Elm Park over the Madge, Manor Ground over the Kassam, Layer Road over that shit hole Colchester play at now, proper football in proper grounds in proper towns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAO our Exeter city friends   FAO our Exeter city friends Empty

Back to top Go down

FAO our Exeter city friends
Page 1 of 1