GreenSam
hairy j
Tgwu
Jethro
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 12:03 am

spacehopper wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
spacehopper wrote:
I have it on very good authority that the club are going to be signing a recently released winger from Bournemouth, plus a goalkeeper on loan from a Premiership side.
My source is of the highest credentials by the way.
Interesting- what does the source have to say on Reuben signing/non-signing?

100% signing for Bristol City, will be formally announced by Friday.

The Goalkeeper from the prem is a youngster.

Any truth about the interest (Birmingham) in Hourihane? Also what is the latest with Berry and Gurrieri?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 12:14 am

ejh wrote:
spacehopper wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
spacehopper wrote:
I have it on very good authority that the club are going to be signing a recently released winger from Bournemouth, plus a goalkeeper on loan from a Premiership side.

Any truth about the interest (Birmingham) in Hourihane? Also what is the latest with Berry and Gurrieri?

Berry still talking, Gurrieri? Argyle have not heard a word from him

Reid close to a deal to return to Argyle
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 12:22 pm

spacehopper wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
spacehopper wrote:

Ah ffs. A hammer blow if true about Reid and a sign that we need to look for another striker sharpish. I was previously quietly confident that it was a lot more likely than people thought but it really does seem to be slipping away from us.

On the other hand, I was told by someone else that it was 100% that he'd be signing for us so I may just keep a bit of hope till the fat lady sings. Keeping all fingers crossed that there's another twist to come but sadly, you seem pretty certain.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 1:50 pm

Here Sam in black and white

Argyle continuing negotiations over contract for hot-shot striker Reuben Reid

Chief executive Martyn Starnes hopes Plymouth Argyle are getting close to agreeing a deal with striker Reuben Reid.

Starnes explained the League Two club were negotiating ‘sensibly’ so that Reid would fit into their wage structure ‘at the right level’.

Reid spent last season on loan to Argyle from Yeovil Town and finished as their top scorer with 21 goals in all competitions.

He also picked up The Herald’s Argyle player-of-the-year trophy, as well as the official club award.

Reid is out of contract this summer and several teams, including Argyle and Portsmouth, are keen on securing his signature.

Starnes told Herald Sport: “Negotiations have been continuing with his agent. I was in contact with him over the weekend.

“I hope that we are getting close to agreeing a deal.

“There has obviously been interest in the player and after a season like Reuben had the agent is going to be negotiating quite hard for the best contract he can.

“We are going to negotiate sensibly in order to get Reuben into the squad at the right level within our wage structure.”

There has been frustration among some Argyle fans that a deal for Reid to return to the club has not already been agreed.

They have taken that to mean the Bristol-born striker will definitely not re-sign for the Pilgrims, but Starnes does not share that viewpoint.

“I just don’t think that is an accurate representation of the situation,” said Starnes.

“He (Reid) is still under contract with us until June 30. He knows he’s going to get offers and his agent is sitting there knowing how many offers he has got.

“They are probably quite relaxed about the situation at the moment.”

Argyle have been busy so far this summer when it comes to setting up their squad for next season.

Five players have signed new contracts to extend their stays at the club, including goalkeeper Luke McCormick and defender Curtis Nelson.

Midfielder Lee Cox and striker Deane Smalley have also been snapped up from Swindon Town and Oxford United respectively.

However, the Pilgrims are still waiting on word from right-back Durrell Berry and winger Andres Gurrieri about whether they will accept contract offers to remain at Home Park.

Starnes said: “We have done a lot of good work and we are ahead, I think, of many clubs in terms of our recruitment for next season.

“There are still some areas we have got to address but, clearly, if Durrell and Andres sign they are going to occupy two spaces that we will not need to recruit for.

“So we have to wait on decisions from those two.

“Hopefully, over the next two to three weeks, we will have one or two others to come in and then when pre-season starts you are looking at just completing the whole squad shape with maybe a loan or two – something like that. Those decisions are always made late.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Starnes explained the League Two club were negotiating ‘sensibly’ so that Reid would fit into their wage structure ‘at the right level’.

Uh oh...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 4:04 pm

Rickler wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Uh oh...  

Bye Reuben.

And Sam, I know you're only a young man but may I suggest a crash course in character judgement !!

Edit : It would seem ejh took the bait too  fishing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 4:59 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Uh oh...  

Bye Reuben.

And Sam, I know you're only a young man but may I suggest a crash course in character judgement !!

Edit : It would seem ejh took the bait too   fishing 

Mine was kinda tongue in cheek after a quick google of released Bournemouth players showed a keeper and a retired defender.

Would be a bit more gutted than that if Reid was signing elsewhere!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 5:03 pm

With his loan to us finishing on 30th June then it's obvious that he's contracted to Yeovil until that time, right after the 30th of June is when we will all know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 5:04 pm

ejh wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Uh oh...  

Bye Reuben.

Mine was kinda tongue in cheek after a quick google of released Bournemouth players showed a keeper and a retired defender.

Would be a bit more gutted than that if Reid was signing elsewhere!

Then I was correct in assuming you were sharper than that   Cool
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 6:39 pm

New signing today. Papa Westboro on loan from Mydadski. i think they play in the polish fourth division.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:02 pm

sensiblepants wrote:
New signing today. Papa Westboro on loan from Mydadski. i think they play in the polish fourth division.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 2:01 am

Yeovil have released Reid so he isn't under contract to anyone.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 2:03 am

He is still being paid until the end of the month.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:51 am

Hartley isn't happening anymore, going to Port Vale now I believe. He stalled on coming here and it now means we can't sign Mark Ellis too.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:03 am

AstiSpumante wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Uh oh...  

Bye Reuben.

FFS- haven't been keeping up with things on the 'Site Wars' side of things lately so this character passed me by. Poor from me, that.

You've given me hope in a sense, considering that it's now much more likely that the guy is talking through his backside about Reid.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 10:51 am

Durrell Berry has said no to a new Argyle contract.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 2:10 pm

Reuben Reid has signed a two year deal.

Superb news.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 2:20 pm

Thought he was going awol - suprised and elated, quality forward!!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 2:32 pm

Probably should have it's own thread but good news anyway.Tinged with a bit of caution on my part,another 20 goal season will be tough for him to achieve but he's well capable of that,just hope that heightened expectations don't weigh him down.Welcome back and good luck.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 2:36 pm

Thats a bit of a coup. Great news. Rather have him than not have him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3