hairy j
Tgwu
Jethro
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wotton's Ashtray

POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 6:11 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
This is just of of the BCFC forum threads on Reid..

I reckon Brent only offered so much and Reid told him do one [and may be reluctantly]. If not, Reid would have signed by now surely..
at least he's speaking on behalf of us as well laugh 
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 8:58 pm

any deal with brum needs to be cash UPFRONT, theyre in BIG trouble financially.

no doubt the usual plymouth price 75k should prove enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 10:20 pm

Cardiff were in MAHOOSIVE money trouble when we were, they bought players when we sold them and year after year their debt grew, look where it got them! FFS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 1:19 am

Iggy wrote:
Still time for Brent to trump them.

I have nothing but 100% confidence in James Brent to keep Reid's heart and head firmly committed to the Plymouth Argyle project. He will do this by trumping the wage offers of Bristol City and Portsmouth, including the brown envelope for his agent, and committing to a summer of ambitious promotion chasing signings.

Phrases like 'we will hopefully make the playoffs' and 'Sheridan has a budget that is in the top 25-33% of clubs in this league' will encourage Reid to sign our contract offer and ignore the other timewasters.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 9:54 am

Ruben stay?
Loyalty to a supportive manager v better wages and bigger crowds.
Bye Ruben all the best!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 12:53 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Ruben stay?
Loyalty to a supportive manager v better wages and bigger crowds.
Bye Ruben all the best!

Yep, it is increasingly looking that way.

Big gamble by Bristol City and Portsmouth though, as he may flop 'big time' at either..
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 10:11 pm

Nathan Thomas has signed according to his twitter
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 12:40 am

People say that if it was going to happen then it'd be a done deal by now: the other side of that coin is that if it was going to happen for someone else then it'd be a done deal by now. That can't be done in both cases. If Reid had 100% decided to sign for us, it'd be announced. If he'd decided to 100% sign for someone else, then that'd be announced too.

It must still be in the balance then. He's got to be in a lot of demand. I imagine there's still a lot of bartering going on between Reid's agents and the various clubs who are looking at him. He'll doubtless be trying to get the best deal for Reuben Reid and frankly I can't blame him- it's a short career. I hear the club are confident that he'll sign but it's never over till the fat lady sings.

Normally with a big transfer or contract extension wait like this, you get an idea of where it's going fairly early on. It was inevitable, for example that Bhasera wasn't coming back. This one I don't think anyone's really got much of an idea if the news will be good or bad.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 2:02 am

For Reid to leave, would on the face of it, be a disaster. The only player that has scored with any regularity in donkeys years.

This isn't losing Mariner to Ipswich..

This is Reid we are talking about.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 7:42 am

Reid's in a great position. A free agent coming off the back of a 20 goal season can literally sit back and let the wages auction run and run.

I'd be amazed if he ends up signing for us again. I just hope that if he does, it doesn't come at a price we can't afford to pay, i.e. hoovering up a huge chunk of Shez's budget.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 9:06 am

Shouldn't have allowed him to take the penalties  Wink 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 2:46 pm

On the Bristol City forum, despite scoring 21, they are undecided on him.

'Could be handy back up' is probably a more positive comment from them.

'9 clubs - sounds like a journeyman. Oh well, we are going to need back up for Baldock and Jay Emmanuel Thomas'.

Reid may make more money there but I hope he realises how hard it might be for him to fit in...at a club with two better, established strikers, and their own style of play.

Reid could hit three or four consecutive 20 goal seasons under Sheridan, who worships him, and become an Argyle legend.

I hope he fully understands that there is more to his career than his wage and being closer to Bristol. You are right that it is a short career - therefore Reid will want to look back on his achievements when it is all over. Being the top boy and adored by all at Argyle must be better for the soul than third choice at Bristol City, and almost certainly under appreciated.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 4:32 pm

ejh wrote:

'9 clubs - sounds like a journeyman. Oh well, we are going to need back up for Baldock and Jay Emmanuel Thomas'.

Reid may make more money there but I hope he realises how hard it might be for him to fit in...at a club with two better, established strikers, and their own style of play.

Reid could hit three or four consecutive 20 goal seasons under Sheridan, who worships him, and become an Argyle legend.

I hope he fully understands that there is more to his career than his wage and being closer to Bristol. You are right that it is a short career - therefore Reid will want to look back on his achievements when it is all over. Being the top boy and adored by all at Argyle must be better for the soul than third choice at Bristol City, and almost certainly under appreciated.
But then...

He may be thinking, hang on I'm not a young player anymore and I've only got so much longer before I'll be past my peak. This could be my last chance to maybe seize my chance in a League One side if I get it and then maybe claw my way back up into the Championship for my hometown club.

Just Devil's Advocate.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 6:27 pm

Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole are at homepark now having a medical. In specs we trust.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 8:47 pm

sensiblepants wrote:
Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole are at homepark now having a medical. In specs we trust.

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 9:19 pm

"I hope he fully understands that there is more to his career than his wage..."

Really?

That's about all there is to a career. Even more so when it is a short career.

How many of us would go to our work knowing there was no pay at all? Probably none of us.

We all have bills, families, mortgages or some other commitment and fresh air don't pay for them.

It's all about the money. Nothing else matters.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 9:29 pm

GreenSam wrote:
ejh wrote:

But then...

He may be thinking, hang on I'm not a young player anymore and I've only got so much longer before I'll be past my peak. This could be my last chance to maybe seize my chance in a League One side if I get it and then maybe claw my way back up into the Championship for my hometown club.

Just Devil's Advocate.

Reid would have every right to back himself.

But whereas Reid scored 21, Baldock hit 25 and JET hit 21 - at a higher level (bear in mind Reid's 6 pens and 3 v non league Lincoln).

Baldock is 5' 7" and has rapid pace and quick feet. JET is somewhat of a Balotelli of League Onebwith ridiculous amount of talent scoring an array of outrageous goals.

Given Reid's teething problems with Argyle (poor goal rate, apparent bad/selfish attitude), Shez ws loyal to Reid and persisted in moulding our side around him. He had patience and persistence that Reid was his man.

All these circumstances combined are going to be problematic at Bristol City. The Bristol City supporters expect 20 + goals from their forwards - they won't wait 20 games and build their side around him. The supporters won't tolerate it - nor the shrugged shoulders, moaning and non participation in team celebrations.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 9:39 pm

If Reid signs for someone other than us, he won't be leaving us, he's left Yeovil. He had something to prove this season given he knew he was going to be out of contract after the end of the season. He might not be a shoe-in for leading scorer, he could easily not make double figures.
There were periods last season where he was terrible.
I think though, he'd do well with the service from Hourihane and Allesandra. Those three together are key - not just Reid. Keep hold of Hourihane, keep Allesandra fit, sign Reid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 10:16 pm

hairy j wrote:
If Reid signs for someone other than us, he won't be leaving us, he's left Yeovil. He had something to prove this season given he knew he was going to be out of contract after the end of the season. He might not be a shoe-in for leading scorer, he could easily not make double figures.
There were periods last season where he was terrible.
I think though, he'd do well with the service from Hourihane and Allesandra. Those three together are key - not just Reid. Keep hold of Hourihane, keep Allesandra fit, sign Reid.

I thought that too, he'll probably go to Bristol city and die on his arse but he'll get an extra £500 a week or something on a 2 year contract so that's ideal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:09 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
"I hope he fully understands that there is more to his career than his wage..."

Really?

That's about all there is to a career. Even more so when it is a short career.

How many of us would go to our work knowing there was no pay at all? Probably none of us.

We all have bills, families, mortgages or some other commitment and fresh air don't pay for them.

It's all about the money. Nothing else matters.

No it is not. You have both failed to grasp my point,  and must have a very limited outlook on life to believe the wage is the be all and end all. What about quality of life? What about happiness? If Reid gets marooned in the reserves, is he really going to be as contented as starting every league match for Argyle, and scoring 20 goals?

According to your logic, footballers would never take a pay cut anywhere, ever - and yet the likes of Andy Carroll swap the Liverpool bench, England appearances and £90k a week ... just to get back scoring goals and meaning something in British football. Meaning something to his supporters.

If a manager who believes in you didn't matter, and first team football didn't matter - three players we currently have who left bigger clubs wouldn't be here.  That's Jason Banton, Lee Cox and Nathan Thomas. Players who kbew the importance of first team football at their age - not content to make up the numbers and be a squad player, picking up a wage, with no recognition from the manager. They want to hear the roar of the crowd, they want to be recognised and offered pints when they go out, and they want a manager who depends on them for a result.

Reid has all these dynamics to his life now - he almost certainly won't at Bristol City. He will just be a bit richer, and closer to his parents.

Last edited by ejh on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:11 pm

What if Reid scores a total of seven goals for Argyle next season?
Back to top Go down
spacehopper

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:13 pm

I have it on very good authority that the club are going to be signing a recently released winger from Bournemouth, plus a goalkeeper on loan from a Premiership side.
My source is of the highest credentials by the way.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:20 pm

spacehopper wrote:
I have it on very good authority that the club are going to be signing a recently released winger from Bournemouth, plus a goalkeeper on loan from a Premiership side.
Interesting- what does the source have to say on Reuben signing/non-signing?
Back to top Go down
spacehopper

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:26 pm

GreenSam wrote:
spacehopper wrote:

100% signing for Bristol City, will be formally announced by Friday.
The Goalkeeper from the prem is a youngster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:42 pm

spacehopper wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
spacehopper wrote:

100% signing for Bristol City, will be formally announced by Friday.
The Goalkeeper from the prem is a youngster.

Bad news about Reid.

Good news about having the new mole cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next