Southborne
Freathy
Moist_Von_Lipwig
hmdr
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage

Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 3:17 pm

It sounds to me like someone is being protected.
As it now appears Chris Webb was effectively 'used' in ignorance of the wider Wrathall rehab attempt, one would think he would go out of his way to find out who the culprit is.
My odds on suspect is Lenszner. He, of course, would have more reason than most to empathise with Wrathall's position, given his own business record. But he is well in with the Newell bunch these days.
The more the axis of ego let this slip into history without a murmur, the more their position will be undermined.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 3:57 pm

I love the "Axis of Ego" phrase, one of yours Pirate or culled from some equally eloquent chap?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:48 pm

PP - Let me just correct some of your misbeliefs. I no longer speak with any of my former colleagues. I did attend a charity dinner a few months ago where both Paul Stapleton and Phil Gill were also in attendance. We were civil but believe me I have many Christmas Cards on display at the moment and none are from Paul, Rob, Tony, Phil or Nick.

I can also assure you that I have had nothing to do with Tony's reapperarnce at the Club. Chris will confirm that when he originally posted the Tony thread on Pasoti I text him expressing how I thought the whole thread was ridiculous - that Tony as a fan should put on a cap and scarf and buy a ticket, watch a game and go home. I even posted such on the thread. His appearance on the pitch was out of order - and it was not Steve Worker's fault. I will not be the one to name names but very many people know who invited Tony as their guest - and it wasn't Steve.

As most people know there are legal reasons why I cannot have any part to play in the running of the football club. In addition to making me Bankrupt in February 2009 (discharged in February 2010) the Revenue also ensured that I could not be a Director of any Company for 7 years. My association with the Taverners started because I wanted to help the football club. I know that you PP seem to have a problem in accepting that Gary, Mark and the 20 odd regular helpers do so for the love of the Club, but that is the sole reason that we do it - we support the football club. Many of the unpaid members of staff are friends of mine, I knew them before I was on the Board and I have continued to work for the Taverners to try to ease their financial problems (believe me I know what hard times are!). Not looking for sympathy or a medal, just trying to get through to you PP that there are no ulterior motives. I am not the mastermind of some ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Ian Newell and I have had our differences, Chris Webb and I have had our differences - but I respect them both massively for working their asses off trying to save our football club. They and dozens of others are true supporters PP - please look in the mirror and ask yourself what you have done.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:55 pm

Full credit to you for coming on here and trying to explain things. Most of us would rank you somewhere beneath the President of Syria or North Korea.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:56 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Full credit to you for coming on here and trying to explain things. Most of us would rank you somewhere beneath the President of Syria or North Korea.

Is that the new President of North Korea or the old one?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
I will not be the one to name names but very many people know who invited Tony as their guest - and it wasn't Steve.

Which is what most posters on this site are saying and which is being denied by so many!

So much for the new 'transparency' at Argyle.

"Good football governance", eh?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:59 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
pepsipete wrote:

Is that the new President of North Korea or the old one?

Or Uganda,maybe? lol!

Anyway Damon,welcome to ATD,i'm sure your contributions and the replies to them will be of much interest.

Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:02 pm

Rickler wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
I will not be the one to name names but very many people know who invited Tony as their guest - and it wasn't Steve.

Which is what most posters on this site are saying and which is being denied by so many!

So much for the new 'transparency' at Argyle.

"Good football governance", eh?

But Rickler it wasn't an invite from an Argyle official - the invite came from a corporate sponsor - it wasn;t Steve, why does it matter who it is and what has it got to do with corporate governance?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:13 pm

I didn't say 'corporate' governance.. I said football. And if you can't make the connection...

It's about people being honest.

And why does it matter? Well, you have certain people (Daz) claiming its going to cost Argyle thousands of pounds as other sponsers are now reticent about continuing sponsership etc

Surely we don't want to make the same mistake again.

So if its no big deal - why the big secret?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:18 pm

The reason that no-one wants to name the sponsor is because of the abuse that Steve has had from people when he wasn't the culprit. How much worse would the abuse be if people were certain who the corporate was. The corporate made a mistake - but Tony should have said 'no' to the invitation to appear on the pitch. Direct the anger at him, not the corporate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:37 pm

So why on earth has no one from the club, somebody with a communication medium for example, come forward, said that so and so invited him, it was a big mistake, hands up, we apologise to the fans and escpecially the staff for the lack of sensitivity etc, instead of letting this drag on and on and on.

It would all have been over in a few hours.

It was a very public cock up. Wrathall standing on the pitch can't exactly be hidden away. It therefore needed a public statement to clear things up.

With the lack of communication, trust and good governance we've had over recent years, is it any wonder that the theories and mistrust starts as soon as something like this happens? Old boy networks, you scratch my back, funny hand shakes etc. It's only a short time until Stapleton returns.

Communication?

Yeah right.

The subject of Wrathalls actual involvement, and the fact the he should of declined has been done to death and is a seperate (though obviously connected) issue in my mind.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:47 pm

Why would anyone worry about the "abuse" from a few posters on the interweb, there has been no threat to unleash the dogs, for obvious reasons, so a bit of clarity and move on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 6:02 pm

GibGreen wrote:
So why on earth has no one from the club, somebody with a communication medium for example, come forward, said that so and so invited him, it was a big mistake, hands up, we apologise to the fans and escpecially the staff for the lack of sensitivity etc, instead of letting this drag on and on and on.

It would all have been over in a few hours.

It was a very public cock up. Wrathall standing on the pitch can't exactly be hidden away. It therefore needed a public statement to clear things up.

With the lack of communication, trust and good governance we've had over recent years, is it any wonder that the theories and mistrust starts as soon as something like this happens? Old boy networks, you scratch my back, funny hand shakes etc. It's only a short time until Stapleton returns.

Communication?

Yeah right.

The subject of Wrathalls actual involvement, and the fact the he should of declined has been done to death and is a seperate (though obviously connected) issue in my mind.

Nail. Hit. Head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 6:21 pm

What I don’t get is that is was all honky-dory to release the dogs for others that were seen as a threat, but release them on one of those that screwed the club over..Wrathal and his fan club…..and it suddenly becomes a very big NO NO. So why’s that then?

This can all be solved with ease, all we need is for Newell to post the evidence that he claims gets Wrathal off the hook. Until that happens people will draw their own conclusions regarding the actions of Webb, Newell, Brent, a pine furniture manufacturer and one or two GT’s.
Back to top Go down
hmdr

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 6:41 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
PP - Let me just correct some of your misbeliefs. I no longer speak with any of my former colleagues. I did attend a charity dinner a few months ago where both Paul Stapleton and Phil Gill were also in attendance. We were civil but believe me I have many Christmas Cards on display at the moment and none are from Paul, Rob, Tony, Phil or Nick.

I can also assure you that I have had nothing to do with Tony's reapperarnce at the Club. Chris will confirm that when he originally posted the Tony thread on Pasoti I text him expressing how I thought the whole thread was ridiculous - that Tony as a fan should put on a cap and scarf and buy a ticket, watch a game and go home. I even posted such on the thread. His appearance on the pitch was out of order - and it was not Steve Worker's fault. I will not be the one to name names but very many people know who invited Tony as their guest - and it wasn't Steve.

As most people know there are legal reasons why I cannot have any part to play in the running of the football club. In addition to making me Bankrupt in February 2009 (discharged in February 2010) the Revenue also ensured that I could not be a Director of any Company for 7 years. My association with the Taverners started because I wanted to help the football club. I know that you PP seem to have a problem in accepting that Gary, Mark and the 20 odd regular helpers do so for the love of the Club, but that is the sole reason that we do it - we support the football club. Many of the unpaid members of staff are friends of mine, I knew them before I was on the Board and I have continued to work for the Taverners to try to ease their financial problems (believe me I know what hard times are!). Not looking for sympathy or a medal, just trying to get through to you PP that there are no ulterior motives. I am not the mastermind of some ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Ian Newell and I have had our differences, Chris Webb and I have had our differences - but I respect them both massively for working their asses off trying to save our football club. They and dozens of others are true supporters PP - please look in the mirror and ask yourself what you have done.

Damon is there some reason neither you or the Green Taverners have commented on this subject on Pasoti, the web thickens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Its like witnessing witch dunking on here . Some of you won't be happy until someone is hurt .
It was a stupid mistake by Wrathall no conspiracy no nothing .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Surely GG, you're not happy with this situation and the covering up that is going on. If everything is so innocent then why not name names and move on, why not provide the evidence and give Wathal a clean sheet, etc etc etc?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 8:04 pm

GOB wrote:
Surely GG, you're not happy with this situation and the covering up that is going on. If everything is so innocent then why not name names and move on, why not provide the evidence and give Wathal a clean sheet, etc etc etc?

Wrathall was an idiot to do what he did . An idiot . I couldnt care less if he attends HP as an ordinary fan . He owes everyone an apology . THERE IS NO COVER UP ! It wasn't The Match Sponsors fault at all . Accept that or,call me a liar .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 8:10 pm

We know from Mr Lenzsner that it wasn't the Match Sponsor that invited him, but someone did.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 8:28 pm

greengenes wrote:
GOB wrote:

Wrathall was an idiot to do what he did . An idiot . I couldnt care less if he attends HP as an ordinary fan . He owes everyone an apology . THERE IS NO COVER UP ! It wasn't The Match Sponsors fault at all . Accept that or,call me a liar .

Of course GG, everything is tick-a-dee-poo, just like it was when Stapes was running the show, eh.

Anyway, love to chat but I'm clearing the bloody chimney breast..Santa's dropping in!!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 8:37 pm

The more some people seek to sweep the episode under the carpet, the more the inquisitiveness (if that's even a word) of many, will grow.

'Tis the nature of the beast. Damon Lenszner has now added fuel to that fire by stating that a fair number know exactly who thought it was a good idea to invite Wrathall. What is more, many of those characters that know who it was, will be known to all of us, and given their unwavering popularity Wink what do people expect?

Questioneers and dissenters will always be shouted down and silenced on Pasoti under the current regime, which is why the numbers on this site has ballooned thanks to the sterling publicity efforts of Sir Ian. <<applause applause!!>>

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 8:48 pm

Ok - you get given a name . Lets follow this through to its logical conclusion . You have a name - now what are you going to do once you get that name ?

Anyone >?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 8:57 pm

Clearly, I can't speak for everyone here, but for me it goes like this;

If that name is another sponsor, ball sponsor or whatever, then fine, lets hope they genuinely made a mistake, didn't know about Wrathalls history for example, makes an apology to the staff, end of incident.

If that name is someone connected with the club then serious questions have to be raised about that persons judgement.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 9:02 pm

greengenes wrote:
Ok - you get given a name . Lets follow this through to its logical conclusion . You have a name - now what are you going to do once you get that name ?

Anyone >?

Its not the name that matters....

...its the fact that the whole thing has been so badly handled. It should have been dealt with days ago. And just because Stapes, Todd, Brent, Webb or Newell says it is doesn't mean we have to accept it.

It will be along time before I trust anyone at Argyle again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 9:03 pm

greengenes wrote:

Anyone >?

Thank him for providing the evidence that vindicates Wathal in the dirty mess. I would then warmly welcome Mr Wrathal back to Home Park.

What would you do?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Was Wrathal at HP today
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next