Moist_Von_Lipwig
hmdr
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 8:00 am

Pine kitchens? Seriously?

Is it 1983 again?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 8:10 am

What I find quite amusing about the whole thing is that if this had happened when Guilfoyle and Ridsdale had the keys to HP, Chris and Ian would have been all over this and would have kept digging until the truth came out.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 8:19 am

I had an e-mail from the PASOTI moderators just testing my e-mail address as I seem to be such a fan of "the other site" Unbelievable cheek me questioning Ian Newell's shameless plugging of Devon Furniture Company. I just thanked Ian for caring about me so much.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:49 am

I minded to think that once you 'unleash the dogs' it's hard to get them back in the cage. Wrathall was a pantomime villain not so long ago when he jumped in with Gill etc to try to usurp the Lombard/Brent deal. There was bound to be some residual bad feeling from that episode that was designed to whip up fervour against TW.

We know have the sight of the dog handlers trying to whip the snaring pups back into line.

Last edited by Dougie on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:39 am

greenjock wrote:
Mr Newell is so sick on PASOTI with the stick the sponsor is getting over this, that he's compelled to to everyone what an all round good egg and Argyle fan he is, and has added a link to the Devon Furniture Company website, telling everyone what a fantastic job they did with his kitchen! So thats the end of it.
Just seen this and frankly think Newell is out of order flagrantly using his website to promote a business whatever his motive. There are obviously unanswered questions being swept under the carpet here. Messrs. Newell, Webb, De Lar etc. and the rest of the contingency group were like a dog with a bone prior to the takeover and seemingly found out everything they needed to, yet now what on the outset looks like a simple piece of detective work is proving quite beyond them. I notice a few more have joined this site recently and think the trickle will increase the way Pasoti is going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:34 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Is it 1983 again?

does seem a out of date concept for a kitchen. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:04 pm

Interesting thing, memory. The president seems to have conveniently forgotten that he issued a public invitation to Wrathall (thereby upsetting a number of the staff) only a few weeks ago, and a lot of people seem to have conveniently forgotten a lot of very unprofessional (to say the least) behaviour on the part of Lenzner.

If nothing else, this whole episode's reminded me that these people with loads of money are no better than the rest of us. To say the least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:05 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Is it 1983 again?

Apparently Ian's kitchen was oak. Oooooooooooh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Ian has responded to say that I am making myself look silly on PASOTI because my posts were moved as irrelevant to the thread about Wrathall at Home Park, but his and the subsequent discussion about the merits of different furniture company's in the Plymouth area are not irrelevant. The Mods also kindly replied to advise me that mentioning Argyle Talk Democratic is not banned on PASOTI, but they moved the post I made asking them to clarify if it was banned. Also some talk of this site being libellous, nastyness sic and infringing copyright on here from Ian. He was apparently tucked up in his Devon Furniture Company oak King sized bed when my post was removed so I am happy to put that straight. Bubba would also like it to be known that the posts weren't removed, but just moved as they were less relevant than Ian Newell's advertising Devon Furniture Company, and he adds that this site's topics and posts are 80% PASOTI related.

Hope that clears it all up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:43 pm

And just to show how even-handed and reasonable the mod process is, your two posts have been moved to the junior section. That'll teach you!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:23 pm

I see the sponsors are threatening to boycott sponsoring Argyle because of bad PR on the internet- I wonder if its more linked to the fans' reaction to their Secret Society mate Wrathers?

Its claimed that the owner of Devon Pine did not know Wrathers was invited- surely they met somewhere beforehand to determine who would do the guard of honour? Things just don't add up with Wrathers/GT's/ DevonPine and hopefully the link will be exposed soon (although if its posted on a certain website it'll be quickly removed).
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:29 pm

Lenszo, Wratho and Stapo

Pictures of all three here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 3:18 pm

And of course, what a surprise, Damon lenszner pictured with the Devon Pine chap.

Some might think Lenszner was parachuted into the Green Taverners in order to control the mood and the massge of that particular bunch through the administration process and beyond.... "off the christmas card list, my backside"
How much this bunch are held in high eteem will be shown when we see the make up of the fans' panel or whatever they call it. They will have more access than the Supporters' trust, it's an insult to people's intelligence, and it gets more off puting every day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:12 pm

seadog wrote:
Lenszo, Wratho and Stapo

Pictures of all three here.

Paul Stapleton's is the only one where it looks as if he is actually receiving the award.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Hopefully Lenszner won't get anywhere near anything like that. Not sure he would be allowed any advisory role anyway by way of his disqualification. It looks like he tried to and succeeded in winning redemption by binding himself to the Taverners. Once upon a time the dog handlers would have chased him out of Home Park with their hounds.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 6:18 pm

Dougie wrote:
Hopefully Lenszner won't get anywhere near anything like that. Not sure he would be allowed any advisory role anyway by way of his disqualification. It looks like he tried to and succeeded in winning redemption by binding himself to the Taverners. Once upon a time the dog handlers would have chased him out of Home Park with their hounds.

Bobby Williamson would certainly have chased him out of HP.If Lenszer [who allegedly was Cockney Green on PASOTI and who spread some fairly vicious untruths about BW] and co had backed the guy properly and competitively in the transfer market on our return to the CCC in 2004,quite a few careers and the Argyle club history could have taken on a very different course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:18 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
It's the local small businessmen trying to put it all behind them, Ali. They would, as there's business to be done.. any residual animosity to the likes of Wrathall is counter productive to business, the feel good factor and a good nosh. Have you seen the size of some of these guys ... if they haven't any medical conditions, they seriously need some dietry advice or counselling.

Even by your low standards that is pathetic . What are you going to pick on next to have a dig at?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 9:20 am

That Mother Theresa, what a cow she was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 10:21 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
I see the sponsors are threatening to boycott sponsoring Argyle because of bad PR on the internet- I wonder if its more linked to the fans' reaction to their Secret Society mate Wrathers?

Its claimed that the owner of Devon Pine did not know Wrathers was invited- surely they met somewhere beforehand to determine who would do the guard of honour? Things just don't add up with Wrathers/GT's/ DevonPine and hopefully the link will be exposed soon (although if its posted on a certain website it'll be quickly removed).

Someone must have invited Wrathall.

That someone has shown a huge lack of judgement. Personally, I'd like to know who that someone is, and in what capacity they are connected to the club.

Hopefully, that someone is not connected to the club, and we can all sleep easy in that judgements of more important decisions involving the club, are not so lacking.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 10:30 am

greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
It's the local small businessmen trying to put it all behind them, Ali. They would, as there's business to be done.. any residual animosity to the likes of Wrathall is counter productive to business, the feel good factor and a good nosh. Have you seen the size of some of these guys ... if they haven't any medical conditions, they seriously need some dietry advice or counselling.

Even by your low standards that is pathetic . What are you going to pick on next to have a dig at?
Maybe you have a point there GG... that was a bit off of me. The trouble is someone who is keeping quiet, and we can all guess who it might or could be, is playing us all for mugs, and it just doesnt sit well.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 10:42 am

The inferences that perhaps a simple oversight by some hapless secretary led to his invite is embarrassing, always blame the lowest paid.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 12:02 pm

Peggy wrote:
Interesting thing, memory. The president seems to have conveniently forgotten that he issued a public invitation to Wrathall (thereby upsetting a number of the staff) only a few weeks ago, and a lot of people seem to have conveniently forgotten a lot of very unprofessional (to say the least) behaviour on the part of Lenzner.

If nothing else, this whole episode's reminded me that these people with loads of money are no better than the rest of us. To say the least.

This is the part I can't quite shake or square. The invite was as public as you can get and placed to garner as much support as possible. It passed on a message on at least partial exonaration from Brent. It extended the hand of friendship from the President posting as a fan to TW which is quite a shift from having the dogs unleashed on him(although of course it was later said to be only testing the water regarding his safety with the message from TW being passed on via a member of the Green Taverners).

What happened after that? The President said he had no response from TW (via any channels I guess). He doesn't know if anyone else passed on any message or precis of that thread although he surmises that friends and associates of TW read Pasoti and could have/should have.

I would say this would leave TW feeling fairly absolved and beleiveing everything was hunky dory. How would he even think that his presence had Home Park would cause any upset. He's already been shown to be naive. It appears to be in his DNA and his default position. His invite even comes from a firm and its boss who is heavily involved with the GTs. Whether its not directly from the boss himself or not I bet it feeds in nicely to TW that all is OK.

Lenszner will never slip from my mind. Its him still parading around that put me off the FanFests. He has had to stand down from the boards of two of the citys sports club and yet at times has been front and centre stage of proceedings.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 12:29 pm

Could a comittee of inquiry be set up to review the whole issue?

We'd need a chair person of course...........
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 2:42 pm

nice piece of extra advertising... i think a closer look at the company may reveal the culprit
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 3:08 pm

seadog wrote:
The inferences that perhaps a simple oversight by some hapless secretary led to his invite is embarrassing, always blame the lowest paid.

Quite.

Now. If all the old board are (quite rightly) legally and morally responsible for what that board did, how come the owner of a company who pays through the nose to take a load of people to a football match isn't responsible for the guest list? In both cases, 'I didn't know' is no defence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Wrathal at HP today   Was Wrathal at HP today - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Was Wrathal at HP today
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next