SwimWithTheTide
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:28 pm

That was a good win for you Tis and at a good time, stopping your fall down the league. Shame about Torquay.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 9:55 pm

In an ideal world we would never even be in the same division as Accrington and we'll see at the season's end how important today's result was but right now it feels like a bad one to me. Even in our baddest years it seemed like we went to Accrington and won. Argyle should be beating Accrington every single time we play them. Nothing else is good enough. It's bloody Accrington for God's sake.

To be honest I fully expected 6 points from the Accrington/Exeter games.

We now have 55 points from 38 games. If we need 68* points to hit a play-off spot then we need another 13 points.

5W + any 2 others
4W 1D 2L
3W 4D

If we need, say, 71* points that's another 16

6W + any 1 other
5W 1D 1L

I don't think we'll manage that.

It's getting down to the sharp end now.

*We might not.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 10:00 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Late Accy equaliser, York storm into the play offs replacing I don't know who, snigger, and City run into a bit of timely form.

Excellent day.

Poultice, Normal service will be resumed on Tuesday night. Let's just hope  Pig's banner of 'We'll never play you again' doesn't materialise by hanging over the directors box that night. But if it does, please feel free to set your 3 man Sly Crew upon them. I demand nothing less the one of Peter Jones nostrils. Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 10:04 pm

spowell92 wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Banton. A draw is ok. I was happier earlier though. 2 points dropped?

I think it's a good away point, makes the derby more of a must win, but Accrington are a good home side. Shez is fuming with the players and sees it as 2 points dropped. He'll let the players know that they needed to get more and will need to make up for it, but for me I think it's an alright result.

So that's me and the manager vs you?

Two feckin points feckin dropped stupid ass!
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 10:05 pm

I'll apologise to spule87 as he's never seen us win feck all.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 10:50 pm

Like so many hes just grateful for a club to follow.zzzzzz
Always difficult at accrington. Clueless and doomed.
Dropped points cost us another season in this sink hole.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:07 pm

I'm grateful we still have a club to follow. There's nothing wrong in that.

It's events since then that piss me off.

It's a fact that it is Brent's club and he do just about what he likes with it. It's also a fact that not everybody has to agree with, like or support the plans unveiled, bit by bit, so far.

I'm still hopeful that Brent will see sense, carry out some proper consultation and come back with a plan that we can all, well nearly all, support because the plan he has now isn't any good to anybody and I'd rather see Brent leave than see his plan get implemented.

I'm still grateful that he saved the club though.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Shez not a happy bunny  Shocked 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 12:41 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I'm grateful we still have a club to follow. There's nothing wrong in that.

It's events since then that piss me off.

It's a fact that it is Brent's club and he do just about what he likes with it. It's also a fact that not everybody has to agree with, like or support the plans unveiled, bit by bit, so far.

I'm still hopeful that Brent will see sense, carry out some proper consultation and come back with a plan that we can all, well nearly all, support because the plan he has now isn't any good to anybody and I'd rather see Brent leave than see his plan get implemented.

I'm still grateful that he saved the club though.

That about sums it up.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 5:06 am

The excuse of gratitude for a club to follow in the face of failure to beat crap clubsmay just may disappear as argyle 'find form' i hope.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 12:35 pm

Hairy and Elias, not sure what your sudden issue is with me. Well I know Elias just jumps to make any stupid comment he/she can, but Hairy I thought you were an alright poster. Spule87 though, jeez... You must have spent weeks trying to come up with that one.  Rolling Eyes 

My thoughts about yesterday being an alright result are irrelevant to our history as a club, or Brent's ownership. I've looked at the league table, the fixtures we've got and I still see that we've every chance for the play offs as we previously did. We've thrown nothing away yet. If we don't achieve play offs now it'll have nothing to do with Brent, it'll be because the players didn't earn it.

Well said SFD by the way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 8:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:26 pm

spowell92 wrote:
Hairy and Elias, not sure what your sudden issue is with me. Well I know Elias just jumps to make any stupid comment he/she can, but Hairy I thought you were an alright poster. Spule87 though, jeez... You must have spent weeks trying to come up with that one.  Rolling Eyes 

My thoughts about yesterday being an alright result are irrelevant to our history as a club, or Brent's ownership. I've looked at the league table, the fixtures we've got and I still see that we've every chance for the play offs as we previously did. We've thrown nothing away yet. If we don't achieve play offs now it'll have nothing to do with Brent, it'll be because the players didn't earn it.

Well said SFD by the way.

I jump for no one.

The reason we dont have the players to beat sides like accrington is down to the mis management of the club.

Brent out
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 12:10 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
In an ideal world we would never even be in the same division as Accrington

To be honest I fully expected 6 points from the Accrington/Exeter games.

Never stops does it, same old Billy Big Bollox, Accy's recent home form has been excellent as has our away form, the only recent blemish being a defeat by the odd goal in three to the side that displaced you from the play offs, how did you get on at home to them?

The Goat as usual has the salients to hand, we had a great win Sat but only agin a Fleetwood side on the crest of a slump, their only wins in the last eight came against the real whipping boys, Torquay and Pompey, so we shouldn't be reading too much into that.

I'ts a shame to see the Turks in turmoil once again, I could see them really struggle to get back if they do drop, when you see clubs like Alfreton who average less than 800 at home with a strike force of Shaun Harrad and John Akinde you have to fear for anyone playing straight, how long has it taken Luton? Be nice for the TCE and the Migs to get together again next season.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 12:24 am

Person Of Interest wrote:

Poultice, Normal service will be resumed on Tuesday night. Let's just hope  Pig's banner of 'We'll never play you again' doesn't materialise by hanging over the directors box that night. But if it does, please feel free to set your 3 man Sly Crew upon them. I demand nothing less the one of Peter Jones nostrils. Laughing Laughing 

Tbh I haven't seen much sign of our knuckledraggers lately, just the odd fat, balding piss head and spotty wannabe, so I think you may have to do your own house cleaning.

I haven't fancied us at all since Tisdale took over, we are far too inclined to pussy up for my liking, I fully expect to get regular updates of our demise while taking in the Dags Accy game live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3