mouldyoldgoat
Tgwu
Peggy
mannameadbabe
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 12:52 pm

Definitely NOT !! Francis wouldn't be seen within a 100 mile radius of that awful man  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 2:48 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Definitely NOT !!  Francis wouldn't be seen within a 100 mile radius of that awful man  Very Happy 

I assume... 'Panama'... isn't within a hundred miles of Halstead ?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 6:12 pm

My wife said, talk about pie in the sky, but not this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:14 pm

zyph wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I once took part in tug o' war at a pub called The Cock Inn. It was in Kent. I forget the name of the village but it was somewhere near Sevenoaks. Very pleasant indeed. Proper chocolate box stuff. It was very hot and I ached for days afterwards.

....Could it be 'The Cock Inn' at Halstead near Polhill and Sevenoaks.....just a couple of miles from Nigel Farage at Downe ?

No idea.

It wasn't far from a truck stop called The Retreat that I used to kip over at on occasion. Not far off the M2something near Badger's somethingorother. It must have been nearly 30 years ago that I was there and I don't recall the details.

A very beautiful and very expensive part of the world, even back then, with every village having a green and every green having a cricket team playing on it. Proper Midsomer Murders territory. If Farage is targeting that area he'll probably walk it if they don't view UKIP as a bit too lefty around there, that is. Golf courses everywhere.

There was an annual tog o' war between the Cock and the boozer in the next village. They wanted to practice and and somehow an invite went up to the truckstop where a crew of mostly lardy middle-aged blokes in trainers assembled and got trounced by a proper tug o' war team comprising of young burly men in rugby boots.

I've  just googled "The Retreat truckstop Kent" to no avail so that place is obviously long gone.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:16 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Definitely NOT !!  Francis wouldn't be seen within a 100 mile radius of that awful man  Very Happy 

More a case of 30 years in this instance!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:27 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
zyph wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I once took part in tug o' war at a pub called The Cock Inn. It was in Kent. I forget the name of the village but it was somewhere near Sevenoaks. Very pleasant indeed. Proper chocolate box stuff. It was very hot and I ached for days afterwards.

....Could it be 'The Cock Inn' at Halstead near Polhill and Sevenoaks.....just a couple of miles from Nigel Farage at Downe ?

No idea.

It wasn't far from a truck stop called The Retreat that I used to kip over at on occasion. Not far off the M2something near Badger's somethingorother. It must have been nearly 30 years ago that I was there and I don't recall the details.

A very beautiful and very expensive part of the world, even back then, with every village having a green and every green having a cricket team playing on it. Proper Midsomer Murders territory. If Farage is targeting that area he'll probably walk it if they don't view UKIP as a bit too lefty around there, that is. Golf courses everywhere.

There was an annual tog o' war between the Cock and the boozer in the next village. They wanted to practice and and somehow an invite went up to the truckstop where a crew of mostly lardy middle-aged blokes in trainers assembled and got trounced by a proper tug o' war team comprising of young burly men in rugby boots.

I've  just googled "The Retreat truckstop Kent" to no avail so that place is obviously long gone.

Try this SFD.

or

click on story or gallery for a picture of the pub.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:29 pm

Pratt's Bottom!

Pretty sure this is the place.

No longer, alas, what it once was...

Which is probably just as well.

I don't think I've even thought of that place in at least 25 years!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:34 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
zyph wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

No idea.

Try this SFD.

or

click on story or gallery for a picture of the pub.

That's the place.

Lovely it was back then. Probably still is by the looks of it.

Proper posh and hoity toity.

Only went there the once. If it wasn't for the tug o' war it'd've long since been forgotten.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:43 pm

It is a nice pub.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 6:18 am

Grandchildren day' where to take them? At 5 G/son have diving lesson then the cup game. A walk through Mount Edgecombe to Cawsands I think.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 8:27 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
It is a nice pub.

Was that when you where courting your GSG girl mouldy ?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 8:43 am

Yes, I was allowed in pubs then. I'm married now!
l think that's the pub that has a picture of WG Grace???, the cricketer, with my wife's grand parents next to him.

Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 8:54 am

That's not a bit of name dropping by any chance mouldy ?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 4:29 pm

It's the only bit I can do!
its the wife's family.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 8:15 pm

On the Hoe waiting for the fireworks to start.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 8:35 pm

Jamie Oliver called his pub in his lorry "The Cock Inn" certainly true when he's at home.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 5:35 pm

Years ago, when I lived up near that London, I worked with a woman who also had a part-time job as a waitress in the Cricketers, a pub in Clavering. She was always complaining about the landlord's son. Who turned out, of course, to be Jamie Oliver.

(I could put a link to prove this, but obviously I wouldn't make it up.)

In other news, yesterday I redecorated the bathroom. Got up this morning and thought I'd moved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 6:00 pm

What colour is the bathroom ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 11:09 am

I moved my fridge and am now wasting time walking to the place in the kitchen that it used to be.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 11:22 am

Try moving house after 39 yrs......more than the fridge in the wrong place.

Took ages to get the car not to keep going to the wrong address.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 2:28 pm

I'm moving in a few weeks time. Off to the rural idle of the Cornish.

I have never been so stressed in my life!! Still, what an excuse to down a few more frothing ales than normal.

PS: Is there that eletrikery stuff down in Cornwall yet?
PPS: Just had a terrifying thought!! Will I be officially Cornish?  Shocked
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 3:25 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
I'm moving in a few weeks time. Off to the rural idle of the Cornish.

I have never been so stressed in my life!! Still, what an excuse to down a few more frothing ales than normal.

PS: Is there that eletrikery stuff down in Cornwall yet?
PPS: Just had a terrifying thought!! Will I be officially Cornish?  Shocked

Terrible Bus services around Newquay area as I found out recently.......made inquiries at the Bus Terminus.......twelve bus stops...not a Bus in sight.....and the inquiry office locked up......without any notice telling you when it might be open.....and this was on a Wednesday.....no busses after 1830hrs either.....teach me to leave the car at home and let the train take the strain.

Me thinks the local taxi firms have bought out the bus companies.

The only reliable Bus was the 'Bus Train' around Newquay pay once get on and off when and where you like.....trouble is it's last trip was 1600hrs
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Back home after my adventures in Paignton, Plymouth, Gunnislake and (Tavy!  Mad )

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 8:08 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Back home after my adventures in Paignton, Plymouth, Gunnislake and (Tavy!  Mad )

Bloody grockles.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next