Han Solos Other Ship
Damon.Lenszner
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 11:40 am

What I don't understand is that the 'never again adminstration over my dead body' REAL fans brigade seemingly aren't in the slightest bit interested in these developments. Is it a case of sticking their heads in the sand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 11:55 am

Can't think what sort of mug financiers are going to back any sort of deal with this guy - notice how quiet the head honchos are on pigswill?!! Sad 
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:38 pm

How are these Akkeron administrations any different from this one?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:41 pm

Oh dear, is this just just another 'small subsidiary' and nothing to worry about?

We need to get to grips with what is going on in Planet Brent and secure the future of the club. Why trust Brent with out club when he can't even look after his own hotels, the pride and joy of his career?

Time to stop holding your cards to your chest James, the fans of this club deserve better than to be treated with contempt.

What is going on with this football club, and where will it be financially in 12 months time?

Last edited by ejh on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:43 pm

As much as I would love to see you guys get battered on the pitch I have no desire to see you mugged off in the Boardroom. I still don't believe that Brent will have done any of his own dough in the Akkersgone debacle but I can't see how it will not affect PAFC going forward, Brent will not have provided loans or even security in his own name, snakes like him never ever do, the guarantees simply have to be loaded onto Akkersgone in some way Shirley?

Either way I am still stunned that you are so happy that it would appear that you are not going to be getting the free Diddy Stand, but hey, whatever floats yer boat. I find myself in the ridiculous position of now hoping that City both go down in playing and financial terms, to me the best and by far the cleanest way forward would be to restart as AFCECFC or the like in the Calor or lower, run as a wholly owned Trust Club but with a constitution that did not allow money to be spent on low life Suitage or cack managers, kind of a local club for local fans, "owned by fans, run by fans" should actually mean something, leaving chasing the dream to you big boys.

I watched Tonbridge Angels vs Ebbsfleet last night, all that was missing to make it a complete evening of enjoyment was for Ebbsfleet to become Gravesend and Nothfleet again.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:44 pm

More on the above.

Graham Clark said at the time talking about the administrators investigation "Perhaps Mr. Heaney can go on the record and clear these questions up. Afer all there may be no foundation in any concerns raised by an investigation whatsoever and many would be reassured if that were the case. If only he would speak to the supporters."

Perhaps there are no foundations in any concerns raised by the Akkeron administrations whatsoever and amny would be reassured if that is the case. If only Brent would speak to the supporters, the Trust, PASB or the Herald.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:46 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
As much as I would love to see you guys get battered on the pitch I have no desire to see you mugged off in the Boardroom. I still don't believe that Brent will have done any of his own dough in the Akkersgone debacle but I can't see how it will not affect PAFC going forward, Brent will not have provided loans or even security in his own name, snakes like him never ever do, the guarantees simply have to be loaded onto Akkersgone in some way Shirley?

Either way I am still stunned that you are so happy that it would appear that you are not going to be getting the free Diddy Stand, but hey, whatever floats yer boat. I find myself in the ridiculous position of now hoping that City both go down in playing and financial terms, to me the best and by far the cleanest way forward would be to restart as AFCECFC or the like in the Calor or lower, run as a wholly owned Trust Club but with a constitution that did not allow money to be spent on low life Suitage or cack managers, kind of a local club for local fans, "owned by fans, run by fans" should actually mean something, leaving chasing the dream to you big boys.

I watched Tonbridge Angels vs Ebbsfleet last night, all that was missing to make it a complete evening of enjoyment was for Ebbsfleet to become Gravesend and Nothfleet again.

Tis, why are you worrying about our club? You've got more than enough to chew on with your own club by the looks of it, on AND off the pitch.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:58 pm

It's probably the wrong phrase to use, but to me it seems that Graham Clark isn't being as up front as he could be, his comments are not adding up.

One minute, via a pasoti thread pm, he stated that the Club is in deep shitzo yet he promptly dismissed Damon's idea for a Contingency Group, an idea that must surely be considered so why dismiss it?

Then all of a sudden, GC gets a call from James Brent, a phone call that the AFT, the press and the PASB and many others could have received but no, James Brent decided to talk to GC instead and somehow James Brent managed to convince GC that the Club is in safe hands and everything that GC commented on via his thread on pasoti pm was suddenly ruled null and void by GC himself. It must have been one very, very powerful phone call to convince GC, most would have not taken just the word of our ex banker, they would have been a little more sceptical, maybe(?), more so when it is considered that GC must have been holding some very key knowledge suggesting that the Club is in a very perilous position, hence his pasoti thread pm.

It seems odd that a person that is often touted as a future AFT leader by Ian Newell, is now, after a call from James Brent, pulling up the drawbridge to concentrate on the football. Very strange.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 1:18 pm

To be fair to GC he did suggest on here that 'elected' bodies should form the basis any new CG.

IMO the Trust now needs to take the bull by the horns and start insisting upon dialogue direct with Brent. Once meetings have taken place, or most likely if they haven't, the Trust needs to position itself as the natural voice of the fans and go public using every media channel availble to state their case, concerns and plans if the club should be heading onto the rocks again.

The appointment of Wrathall could be the precursor for others to return. The club and its debts could be sold for a £ to any other undesirable would be property developer. Whatever is going on behind closed doors, the Trust must step up now.

Just been asked to renew membership. Make me believe that it's worth it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 1:22 pm

Yes you are quite right Tring, I didn't mean to take it out of context and I agree with GC, it should be an elected CG and ASAP.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 1:50 pm

Another "reasuring" statement from the board due perhaps?
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 1:52 pm

Why is GC more important than the AFT & PASB?

Am i right to presume that GC has an influential, hi powered job with PCC with access to more info than the rest of us?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 1:59 pm

All the Presidents Men wrote:

A point that I have been making...

And one that Andy Symons should be getting the answer to..

Don't hold your breath.
Back to top Go down
Graham Clark

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 2:00 pm

GOB wrote:
It's probably the wrong phrase to use, but to me it seems that Graham Clark isn't being as up front as he could be, his comments are not adding up.

One minute, via a pasoti thread pm, he stated that the Club is in deep shitzo yet he promptly dismissed Damon's idea for a Contingency Group, an idea that must surely be considered so why dismiss it?

Then all of a sudden, GC gets a call from James Brent, a phone call that the AFT, the press and the PASB and many others could have received but no, James Brent decided to talk to GC instead and somehow James Brent managed to convince GC that the Club is in safe hands and everything that GC commented on via his thread on pasoti pm was suddenly ruled null and void by GC himself. It must have been one very, very powerful phone call to convince GC, most would have not taken just the word of our ex banker, they would have been a little more sceptical, maybe(?), more so when it is considered that GC must have been holding some very key knowledge suggesting that the Club is in a very perilous position, hence his pasoti thread pm.

It seems odd that a person that is often touted as a future AFT leader by Ian Newell, is now, after a call from James Brent, pulling up the drawbridge to concentrate on the football. Very strange.

It is posts like this that make me wonder why I even bother to try and explain. It is wrong on fact at almost every level. I rang James Brent. It was only the second time I have spoken to him by telephone in over a year. We are and remain divergent on some matters and have been for some time. So much for being a 'super fan'. In my conversation with him I was reassured about the immediate future of the football club after Tony Wrathall's further involvement. More importantly, the Board have been reassured by the club's owner / Chairman. He has a legal duty to do so as stated in the Football Club accounts. In addition, the football club's statement confirmed that the football club was unaffected by what had happened to Akkeron's hotel businesses. Nothing to do with me. I have always preferred that the elected supporter bodies provide the conduit between the Board and the supporters. The idea of a non-constituted Contingency Group without essential players is an unnecessary distraction and I am tired of repeating myself on that point. The key is better communication between Board members and supporter groups and a direct line to the Chief Executive for clear and decisive answers appropriately publicised.

I have also stated that as part of our exit from administration the Football League monitor events closely at our football club. They have well publicised sanctions if liabilities, particularly to HMRC are not being met. The Board also have a legal responsibility to ensure that liabilities are being met and that the company is able to function as a going concern. There are some high profile Board members responsible for the governance of the football club and they have to and are taking those responsibilities seriously. We are not in an era of a Todd inspired reckless spending spree without responsibility. As far as I am aware the only loan to the football club is a personal one of up to £2m by James Brent. The Board will know of the terms and guarantees of that loan(s) and would have to satisfy themselves that any repayment can be met within the agreed timescales. I doubt whether the club has an overdraft facility.

The issue is cash flow. I always remember turnover is vanity, profit is sanity and cash flow is reality. We have four home games this month with a likely larger than budgeted attendance as long as the play off push survives. We may even have a prospect of further riches from a visit to Wembley. We should not forget that 50% of all unbudgeted income also goes to reducing the Football Creditor debt and the level of the balloon payment due by October 2016 - some 28 months away. The key is covering the short term liabilities and we continue to do that there is no reason to suppose we cannot return to explicit financial stability. I have already renewed my season ticket and I am looking forward to what the future brings. That is why I prefer to concentrate on on-field matters for now and being an 'ordinary fan' and I have no desire to be anything else and certainly NOT a AFT leader.
Back to top Go down
Graham Clark

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 2:04 pm

All the Presidents Men wrote:

Am i right to presume that GC has an influential, hi powered job with PCC with access to more info than the rest of us?

I left the employment of Plymouth City Council TWELVE years ago!!!!! Another incorrect 'fact'.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 2:04 pm

Did PCC look into the various Akkeron company accounts before they decided to commit to all these projects?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 2:09 pm

Graham Clark wrote:
That is why I prefer to concentrate on on-field matters for now and being an 'ordinary fan' and I have no desire to be anything else and certainly NOT a AFT leader.      

But you're not an ordinary fan. That is the whole point.

Nobody else seems to be able to call Brent and get any reassuring answers at all? Certainly not the trust or Pasb.

So why you, is what we are all asking?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 2:21 pm

Brent keeps ringing me but i can't be bothered to take his calls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 2:39 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Brent keeps ringing me but i can't be bothered to take his calls.

Not his accountant are you PD? Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Top post Graham.

4 Home games this month (with good crowds) will give a much needed boost to cash flow. Together with the cash inflow expected from season ticket renewals.

It would be interesting to know to what extent the balloon payment due by October 2016 has been reduced thus far, if at all. Hopefully, this can be chipped at away at and reduced to a slightly more manageable level over the next 28 months, without having to cash in on a Nelson, Hourihane or Purrington for example - unless Argyle receive a crazy offer of course.

One factor there is scant solid information on, is whether the financial crisis that appears to be engulfing the Brent Empire, will cause the HHP scheme to go kaput?

Because from where I'm sitting, the outlook for Argyle seems to best it has been since the rather substandard 'grandstand' was announced all those months ago. I'd have snapped someones hand off if they told me we'd be competing for promotion by March and HHP is likely not going ahead.

Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Nice one Bandy! hey that's one job that wouldn't have too many pluses  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:19 pm

Notice on the corressponding Pasoti thread, Newell uses every opportunity to mention how he and Brent are best friends forever. I bet old JB can't stand the pie-munching oik.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:30 pm

Rickler wrote:
Graham Clark wrote:
That is why I prefer to concentrate on on-field matters for now and being an 'ordinary fan' and I have no desire to be anything else and certainly NOT a AFT leader.      

But you're not an ordinary fan.  That is the whole point.

Nobody else seems to be able to call Brent and get any reassuring answers at all?  Certainly not the trust or Pasb.

Exactly!

Come On Graham, forget all this "why do I bother" passive nonsense and where did your superfan comment come from?

I'm not really into drama, there are a few simple questions to answer, that's all and I remain very confused that one minute you are condemning the Club into oblivion and the next you are on the phone to Brent and everything is honky dory.

I think that many of us would like to know why, that's all and it's not a big deal....or maybe it is, who knows!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:38 pm

Isn't the hotel in HHP pre let to Akkeron Hotels? I hope Brent makes a better fist of running that one.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:45 pm

GOB wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Graham Clark wrote:

But you're not an ordinary fan.  That is the whole point.

Nobody else seems to be able to call Brent and get any reassuring answers at all?  Certainly not the trust or Pasb.

Exactly!

Come On Graham, forget all this "why do I bother" passive nonsense and where did your superfan comment come from?

I'm not really into drama, there are a few simple questions to answer, that's all and I remain very confused that one minute you are condemning the Club into oblivion and the next you are on the phone to Brent and everything is honky dory.

I think that many of us would like to know why, that's all and it's not a big deal....or maybe it is, who knows!

Didnt he just answer that or couldnt you be bothered to read past the "why do i bother" comment.

From reading Grahams post over the years he does try to deal with facts that have been given to him. He therefore does not need to inform others all the time of information he has. This time he has clearly explained himself and his stance, so why keep digging at him. If your that keen to find out more information do the leg work yourself rather than having a go at others for not saying what you want to hear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Akkeron Hotels in Admin   More Akkeron Hotels in Admin - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

More Akkeron Hotels in Admin
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next