The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Knecht God Village

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:23 am

ART is a big thing in little Calstock.

The waterside village punches above its weight in comedy and music, from pop, through folk and jazz to classical thanks to the regular gigs at The Old Chapel.

Farther down the road into the heart of the Tamar Valley village the Lime Kiln Gallery does likewise for painting, ceramics and jewellery.

The latest offering on the picture front is the annual exhibition of work by the members of Mary Gillett's print workshop (based near Mary Tavy).

Fresh Off The Press 2014 boasts a wide range of techniques and talents.

The exhibition "demonstrates the variety of paths which an artist can take through the alchemy of printmaking, and is an often surprising and joyous experience for both artist and viewer," says gallery owner Bernie Hawes.

"It's very exciting to see how each artist uses the medium to project their individual thoughts, ideas and emotions."

Gillett herself is among those taking part with Annette Wrathmell, Alli Eynon, Juliette Teague, Tania Skeaping, Virginia Bridge, Dorothy Hanna, Stephanie Fraser, Marcia Pirie, Rita Smith, Moira Baumbach, Tanya Morel, Alison Pinney and Ley Roberts.

The Fresh Off The Press show continues in the Lime Kiln Gallery, Commercial Road, until March 14.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Long Shadows by Annette Wrathmell
Back to top Go down

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:41 am

"Little Calstock"?! Size isn't everything.

If Carlsberg made villages......... thank god they don't otherwise Calstock would have been well fecked.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:45 am

Lovely venue and looking fwd to the Andy Sheppard gig in March
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:51 am

I thought Knecht was the draw
Back to top Go down

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:58 am

Every artist that shows their work at the gallery has to first do a still life of Knecht with just his jumper cunningly placed to cover his modesty.
Back to top Go down

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 10:09 am

Mmay need a big jumper and canvas then
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 10:11 am

Took words out of my mouth, they do not call him big Knecht for nothing
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 10:13 am

Calstock, more waterside than it used to be!  Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 10:39 am

Calstock, the Bohemian centre of Cornwall. By all accounts, Knecht is Calstock's version of the Dalai Lama.  Laughing

Actually, I did try to get tickets to see the German comic, Henning Wehn at the Old Chapel. No bloody chance.

Knecht, is Wehn planned to return any time soon?
Back to top Go down

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 11:15 am

I wasn't all that impressed with the place.

And i found the locals slightly intimidating.

Back to top Go down

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 11:25 am

Henning Wehn is not returning soon. If comedians rock your boat then you've recently missed Tony Hawks, Lucy Porter & Jo Caulfield who said it was one of her favourite gigs. We also had Mark Thomas back in November who was rather spiffing. Coming up next is Andrew Lawrence - star of tv & radio.

But there is always a feast of delights at the Chapel & in the village: Old Chapel Arts web-site. This season we have focussed on a number of folk & classical performers. But for me the stand-out act WAY above all others is Andy Sheppard - HERE he is playing with Carla Bley & Steve Swallow. And preparations for this year's 3rd Annual Jazz Festival is well under way. Nice.

Our sound man (who has toured the world with top bands) is friends with a major international performer who is a household name. He is trying to get him to us when he drops down to visit his sister in Cornwall. But if I told you that performer's name I'd have to kill you.

As for posing with a jumper covering my modesty, as you can see from my avatar I am happy to pose without the jumper. Always open to offers. To be fair I had that taken a few years ago.
Back to top Go down

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 11:32 am

knecht wrote:

Our sound man (who has toured the world with top bands) is friends with a major international performer who is a household name. He is trying to get him to us when he drops down to visit his sister in Cornwall. But if I told you that performer's name I'd have to kill you.

Well, you are quite welcome to kill me, but please PM me first to tell me who this international superstar is that could make an appearance at Casltock please. I'll die a happy man then. What a Face
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:42 pm

I'll tell you POI, its .....

Joe Dolce.  Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:55 pm

Major International performer ? Household name ? Sister in Cornwall ?

Let me think  tumbleweed  ........................Beyonce ?  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:01 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I'll tell you POI, its .....

Joe Dolce.  Very Happy 

Ahhh Shaddap You Face!!  What a Face 
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 3:12 pm

I shall be there in August at the 'one million in ten' to see the Quireboys!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 3:37 pm

its either bob smith from the cure or nik turner of hawkwind fame. they both have relies down kernow
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Dawn French or Lenny Henry.  Wink 
Back to top Go down

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 10:06 am

Iggy wrote:
Dawn French or Lenny Henry.  Wink 

One of my many claims to fame is that I live next door to Dawn French's brother.
Back to top Go down

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 12:14 am

Hot off the press .........
Later this year we will have both Rory McGrath - star of tv & radio - and Susan Calman - radio broadcaster extraordinaire - playing in the Chapel. We also will probably have Tony Hawks coming back - this time as a charity gig.
Back to top Go down

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 6:24 am

knecht wrote:
Hot off the press .........
Later this year we will have both Rory McGrath - star of tv & radio - and Susan Calman - radio broadcaster extraordinaire - playing in the Chapel. We also will probably have Tony Hawks coming back - this time as a charity gig.

I think you should allocate ATD members priority tickets. chickendance 
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 1:23 pm

KNECHT, you do get your face every where

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 8:41 am

How much will the MOD charge The Home Country and the Somerset Levels for their help in the flooding? when they charged Calstock £17,000 to move a few cars, and they said they used it as a training exercise

Good news for Knecht the Gunnislake bridge is to open tonight

Last edited by Tgwu on Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 9:07 am

Just remember Cameron said that money was no object,,,although that has been modified a smidgeon or two since....but hey it's only words....15 months to a general election....too bad if the government will not be guaranteed winning a seat wherever you live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Knecht God Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knecht God Village   Knecht God Village Empty

Back to top Go down

Knecht God Village
Page 1 of 1