We are Village

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

We are Village Empty
PostSubject: We are Village   We are Village EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:04 pm

cf on the baggo “We’re still trying,” he said. “The transfer-window closes at 11pm but that’s not such a big issue for us because that’s mainly for people who spend money. It doesn’t make much difference for us.

“It closes for a week then it opens again the following week, regarding loans and free agents. The next couple of days are not such an important time-scale for us.

so no new signings, only players who have fallen out with their parent club or players that nobody else wants.

same old same old
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

We are Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: We are Village   We are Village EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:54 pm

That reads to me as a little dig at Brent from Fletch, or am I just imagining it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

We are Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: We are Village   We are Village EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:59 pm

clueless & doomed is my favoured way of suming up PAFC
Back to top Go down

We are Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: We are Village   We are Village EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:42 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
cf on the baggo “We’re still trying,” he said. “The transfer-window closes at 11pm but that’s not such a big issue for us because that’s mainly for people who spend money. It doesn’t make much difference for us.

“It closes for a week then it opens again the following week, regarding loans and free agents. The next couple of days are not such an important time-scale for us.

so no new signings, only players who have fallen out with their parent club or players that nobody else wants.

same old same old

Be careful.....you will get Sensible greeney and his Aviva disciples on your back in a minute with bolshy talk like that lol!
Back to top Go down

We are Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: We are Village   We are Village EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:46 pm

No I agree with most of that. I'll still be there on Saturday though along with you punchy.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

We are Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: We are Village   We are Village EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 10:03 pm

Solidarity brothers.
Back to top Go down

We are Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: We are Village   We are Village EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 10:18 pm

It's nice to see Punchdrunk coming around to more 'sensible' thinking.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
“We’re still trying,” he said. “The transfer-window closes at 11pm but that’s not such a big issue for us because that’s mainly for people who spend money. It doesn’t make much difference for us.

“We’re not in a rush. We can let it run if we don’t get the people we want.

“Once the window is shut, the Premier League [clubs] and Championship know where they are in terms of their squad, and it filters down the leagues.

The first part I've highlighted seems like public criticism. If it is, I'm pleased. I don't rate Carl Fletcher as a football manager but he's said something commendable there. Credit where it is due as he needs to be his own man and not just appear grateful he was given a chance all the time.

Second part means we'll be looking for loanees from the Championship - we won't get any Premier League players down here but I think he's basically explaining how the loan market works. Premier to Championship and championship to League 1 and 2.

I'm not entirely sure why we are 'village' though - if we have £0.00 as a transfer budget, that's the way it is. Non-village clubs have today paid £8m for Jordan Rhodes - utterly, utterly bonkers.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

We are Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: We are Village   We are Village EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 2:29 am

BUMP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We are Village Empty
PostSubject: Re: We are Village   We are Village Empty

Back to top Go down

We are Village