HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Black Armband for knecht

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Black Armband for knecht Empty
PostSubject: Black Armband for knecht   Black Armband for knecht EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:42 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21700146
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Armband for knecht   Black Armband for knecht EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:45 pm

He looked like a paedo as well. Probably about to get named so died deliberately of pneumonia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Armband for knecht   Black Armband for knecht EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:49 pm

Greenjock wrote:
He looked like a paedo as well. Probably about to get named so died deliberately of pneumonia.

Now that made me laugh

Kenny's passing is sad though - a big part of my childhood along with Chris Barber, Acker Bilk and George Melly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Armband for knecht   Black Armband for knecht EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:18 pm

A great advert for Just for Men too.

I heard that in a jazz club earlier Knecht was asking someone how Kenny Ball was at the moment and the answer was "Cool"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Armband for knecht   Black Armband for knecht EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:18 am

Sorry, Jock, Kenny Ball wasn't cool. He was hot.

I actually didn't like him or his music though, strange to say, at about the age of 10 in the early 60s his was one of the first two singles I ever bought - "March of the Siamese Children" and the other was "Stranger on the Shore" by Acker Bilk. Even in those days I was a boring old fart into jazz.

John Coltrane was cool

The main thing wrong with Kenny Ball is that he didn't do drugs in prodigious quantities and die young.

And you were obviously a trad fan, Mike..... or, as I learnt to say last summer when we booked a trad band as part of the Calstock Jazz Festival, A New Orleans Jazz fan.

We are already booking top acts for this coming Summer's festival. No reductions for ATD but if I'm at the bar I will buy anyone an apple juice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Armband for knecht   Black Armband for knecht EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 7:08 am

Never got into jazz. That, blues and today's favourite R n B, where every track features rihanna.

I'm hoping she takes one line too many and is found legs akimbo in some shit nightclub in London with coke trails everywhere. Someone will take an up skirt photo and plaster it all around Twitter and if she ever recovers consciousness she'll retire immediately and raise goats back in the Bahamas and the whole world, outside of the States, will shun R n B forever.

Huzzah
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Black Armband for knecht   Black Armband for knecht EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 8:04 am

One thing that has always baffled me is the exact point that R 'n' B music as played by Ray Charles, James Brown, Jake & Ellwood etc became R 'n' B as played by Rhianna, Mariah Carey and Usher.

I love the old R 'n' B but the newer stuff mostly leaves me cold.

When it comes to jazz I think it's one of those things that you have to see live because, like punk or reggae, it doesn't always come across that well on record.

But here's a jazz song everybody must love.

"Sounds like Scat Cat and the boys have dropped by."

"He's a big boy, Mama, but he sure bounces."
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Black Armband for knecht   Black Armband for knecht EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 1:48 pm

When Jazz can encompass the huge range of, say, Kenny Ball, Thelonius Monk, John McLaughlin or the Brotherhood of Breath you wonder what jazz is. That's why I bristle when someone says they don't like jazz (except for Johnny who hates it).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Armband for knecht   Black Armband for knecht EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:47 pm

If you haven't seen this before it's, well, niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

http://skyarts.sky.com/omnibus-leonard-bernstein-on-the-world-of-jazz-sky-go
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Armband for knecht   Black Armband for knecht Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Armband for knecht
Page 1 of 1