Czarcasm
greensleeves
Chemical Ali
Sir Francis Drake
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

UoP and PAFC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 8:10 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Things are turning around.Someone always comes from the pack to make a late challenge.This season it could be us and the increased gates would seem to support that thinking.We are all singing from the same song sheet in the business lounge if that helps.Play offs are a real possibilty.

Definitely, that pretty much guarantees a playoff position,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe even automatic.  jocolor 
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Business lounge???? Is this ATD or Pasoti??????????????????

If there is one thing wrong with this club it's the fact some people seem to think the whole club revolves around a couple hundred fans in the fansfest ( nothing wrong the fansfest ) and a couple hundred people ( or how ever many people are in there) in the business lounge. feck the other 6,000 plus fans who were there last night. The facilities for the masses has been complete shite for years. The Far Post club was falling down and considering there is no sight of the grandstand being knocked down anytime soon, should have been repaired for this season. The fansfest is not exactly top quality is it? No disrespect to the people who have done a stirling job making it what it is; but don't worry about the masses as long as the very small minority prawn sarnie brigade are alright. Makes me want to spit blood.

Look after the corporate people by all means but not at the expense of the masses of ordinary fans. The ordinary fans are the life and soul of this football club. Without them there is no club and some people would do well to remember that. It's about time there was some proper news on the supposed new facilities for ordinary fans in the new stand as well. Namely the "supporters bar".

The ordinary fans get crap food and drink in the ground at expensive prices. Have to miss five minutes at the end of the first half to get in the queue for the only available kiosk. Or miss 5 minutes at the beginning of the second half or give up completely but no problem the business lounge is OK.

Rant Rant 

That's better  lol 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 9:09 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Things are turning around.Someone always comes from the pack to make a late challenge.This season it could be us and the increased gates would seem to support that thinking.We are all singing from the same song sheet in the business lounge if that helps.Play offs are a real possibilty.

They wont be unless the tory banker funds 3 new players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 9:10 pm

What we need is a student accommodation block next to the mini stand...oh, hang on...
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 9:20 pm

Richard Blight wrote:

If there is one thing wrong with this club it's the fact some people seem to think the whole club revolves around a couple hundred fans in the fansfest ( nothing wrong the fansfest ) and a couple hundred people ( or how ever many people are in there) in the business lounge. feck the other 6,000 plus fans who were there last night. The facilities for the masses has been complete shite for years. The Far Post club was falling down and considering there is no sight of the grandstand being knocked down anytime soon, should have been repaired for this season. The fansfest is not exactly top quality is it? No disrespect to the people who have done a stirling job making it what it is; but don't worry about the masses as long as the very small minority prawn sarnie brigade are alright. Makes me want to spit blood.

Look after the corporate people by all means but not at the expense of the masses of ordinary fans. The ordinary fans are the life and soul of this football club. Without them there is no club and some people would do well to remember that. It's about time there was some proper news on the supposed new facilities for ordinary fans in the new stand as well. Namely the "supporters bar".

The ordinary fans get crap food and drink in the ground at expensive prices. Have to miss five minutes at the end of the first half to get in the queue for the only available kiosk. Or miss 5 minutes at the beginning of the second half or give up completely but no problem the business lounge is OK.

Rant Rant 

That's better   lol 

Well said that man!

The arrangements for the average fan are disgraceful. I'm willing to bet they won't be changing very much either.
The silence regarding the 'supporters bar' is deafening.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 9:32 pm

Rickler the arrangements are the very same arrangements that I have seen at every club up and down the country...thats how it is.Argyle are no different from any other club in that respect.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 9:34 pm

greensleeves wrote:
We are all singing from the same song sheet in the business lounge if that helps.
Jannerrrrrrrrrrs! Janneeeeeeeeerrrs!

Like a Star @ heaven 
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Richard Blight wrote:

Rant Rant 

That's better   lol 

Can`t agree more well said richard. I gave up years ago trying to get something to eat or drink at half time. About time the powers that be at pafc woke up and realized that the people that frequent the business lounge or the fanfests does not represent the majority fans. We are not all nodding yes men.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 9:42 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Rickler  the arrangements are the very same arrangements that I have seen at every club up and down the country...thats how it is.Argyle are no different from any other club in that respect.

I don't believe that. But if that is the case, no wonder football clubs are going bust. You shouldn't have to be a 'member' to be able to walk into a club bar and hand over your hard earned cash.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 10:57 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Rickler  the arrangements are the very same arrangements that I have seen at every club up and down the country...thats how it is.Argyle are no different from any other club in that respect.

Bullshit! The kiosks in the grounds might be generally bad but a lot of clubs have some excellent supporters bars. One of the best I've been in was the one at Hartlepool. It was a massive bar with giant screens for watching the lunchtime games etc. Good food and beer and the ordinary fans including away fans were as important if not more important than the corporate ones.

It would help if all the available kiosks / outlets were open in the first place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 11:02 pm

The facilities at Rushden & Diamonds always looked good - but they were bank-rolled by a sugar-daddy. (When he no longer provided funds the club sank.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 11:32 pm

corporate facilities are needed and a must yes but only if they are used for there actual purpose and that's to attract business to the club. But with corporate facilities they must not over shadow the actual cash cows that ever club relies on more the paying fans. If you ignore them or cast them aside no corporate twit with a sandwich in one hand and a freemasons handshake in the other will be much use to the club.

greensleves are naive if you think anything being planned for HHP is going to benefit the club. its going to benefit one man who will be long gone by the time its finished,.. James Brent.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:01 am

As Business Lounge was £25 inc ticket and two course meal last night they won't have had to sell too many cans of Tribute under horseshoe to have made more money.

The concourse facilities are a joke. Don't know if they are still franchised out but to withdraw draught ale because they weren't selling enough to keep barrels fresh, when half the potential customers have given up queuing is pathetic.

If only we had a hotelier in charge of the club.

BTW Back on topic. Think Brent's position on the Plymouth City Centre Company from 2008 is the one that needs investigating.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:13 am

A while back, a long while back, in fact so long ago I don't recall details at all I read or was told about income streams for Sunderland at Roker Park and the Stadium Of Light. Sunderland's revenue went through the roof when they moved. In part it was because the capacity was increased but mostly it was because Roker had very few exec boxes whereas the SoL had loads of them. Before the move the vast bulk of matchday income came from the plebs in the cheap seats after it the majority came from the suits in the exec boxes in one way or another. And this was despite the actual number of suits being utterly swamped by the number of plebs.

I'm all for the corporate side separating as much cash as it possibly can from those able and willing to pay for it. The more money it makes the better.

That said, as Richard has so passionately explained, that doesn't mean that the plebs don't need to be looked after rather better than we are at present. Last night I queued up with 100s of others outside the Lyndy and didn't get in until after Guerrieri has scored. Did I arrive late? No. I was there much earlier than I usually am only to be met by chaos outside with, seemingly, most of the turnstiles not actually being in use and it was impossible to get anything to eat or drink at half time because the queues were so long.

And the crowd was only 6400.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:30 am

So yet again we read accounts of fans unable to get in the ground before kick off. Fans seemingly not being issued tickets as they came through turnstiles. Queues of fans unable to get served at half time because of a lack of staff / open kiosks. When will this club ever learn? Remind me which director has talked about improving the match day experience for fans? Why have none of these problems been addressed?

Over to the Trust to ask why I think. Not to say that the Trust haven't asked these exact same questions before because I was there when we did. Couple of years later and the same problems exist or have reappeared. Personally I don't think they ever went away.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:35 am

I definitely wasn't given a ticket when I eventually got to the turnstile.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:35 am

GOB wrote:
What we need is a student accommodation block next to the mini stand...oh, hang on...

It will be ideal for housing the wave of interns, working for nothing in the club's business and sales teams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:02 am

Richard Blight wrote:
So yet again we read accounts of fans unable to get in the ground before kick off. Fans seemingly not being issued tickets as they came through turnstiles. Queues of fans unable to get served at half time because of a lack of staff / open kiosks. When will this club ever learn? Remind me which director has talked about improving the match day experience for fans? Why have none of these problems been addressed?

Over to the Trust to ask why I think. Not to say that the Trust haven't asked these exact same questions before because I was there when we did. Couple of years later and the same problems exist or have reappeared. Personally I don't think they ever went away.

Hear hear Richard, I wholeheartedly endorse your previous post re. prawn sarnies brigade and herein lies the problem. Once the contingency group players adopted their superfan status aided and abetted by networking a rich sugar daddy of their own the writing was on the wall. They know they have sold the club down the river and are unable to show their faces in most of the ground so they migrate to fanfests and business lounge, there they have the ear of the owner and although he sees them as the common fan they aren't they are social climbers pretending to be something they aren't. Feckin sellouts will never be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:29 am

As the old saying goes Power corrupts which it has at homepark.

On Tuesday night the main problem was that the club underestimated how many people would turn up. The same thing happened when we played Torquay last year and the club then promised it would not happen again. But it has when are the powers that be at argyle going to work out how to run a club.

It's the same with the club shop under the lyndy near the Devonport end its never open. If I sit in the lyndy I ain't going to walk round the whole ground to get to the main shop it takes to long. Many people that sit around me all complain about it not being open . What concerns me more us the amount of revenue being lost because the shop is closed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 10:15 am

If they have budgeted for 8000 punters then they should plan fr 8000. So much for improving the matchday experience.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 10:44 am

At the majority of grounds you have to queue for pre match refreshment and half time refreshment,and very often miss the beginning of the first or second half,Argyle are no different,Same with toilet facilities as anyone who has been to Aldershot or Portsmouth will only know too well.It is also quite common to queue at turnstiles at away games as very often there is only one away turnstile open...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 10:54 am

Richard Blight wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

Bullshit! The kiosks in the grounds might be generally bad but a lot of clubs have some excellent supporters bars. One of the best I've been in was the one at Hartlepool. It was a massive bar with giant screens for watching the lunchtime games etc. Good food and beer and the ordinary fans including away fans were as important if not more important than the corporate ones.

It would help if all the available kiosks / outlets were open in the first place.

I'll see you Walsall where I had a lovely time in the supporters bar and Wimbledon. Chelsea even have a supporters bar you can simply walk into, as do Newcastle. Didn't someone look into Todd's eyes at Newcastle and proclaim all was well with the world? Maybe mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:25 pm

If we're using facilities at Pompey and Aldershot as a benchmark then the battle is lost before it has begun.

We might as well just not bother.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:28 pm

Pokey...no mistake. Toddy was there in Shearer's bar along with quite a few Argyle fans.Home and away fans were admitted and there was no membership required. Bit like the Fans Fests where again no membership is required and again away fans are most welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 3:35 pm

Remember that keeper called Josh summink. Was seen playing for the UoP football team, next minute he was playing Real Madrid in Austria.

He was infact shit though, got released after that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

UoP and PAFC
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next