Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:10 pm

This is interesting.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rather strange that this isn't mentioned though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(Scroll down a bit.)
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:16 pm

not interesting to me they have the same links with Albion and Raiders too its all part of their network of promoting the university outside plymouth. Got to fill those endless student accomdations somehow and not forgetting the hotel one day.

A FAR better deal for the club would have been a long term one with marjons to use their facilities fulltime and not just in pre season.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:24 pm

Does the owner of Albion, or the Raiders, sit on the University's board of governors?

As it happens I can see why links between Argyle and the University could be mutually beneficial in all sorts of ways so fostering strong links between the two should be an important objective for each. I just thought it odd that James Brent's foot in each camp wasn't mentioned.

And there is no reason the we couldn't do similar with Marjons too.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 4:02 pm

I quote from the first link-

"The students get the chance to work in Argyle's family stands on match days" ?

Doing what exactly, there were about 20 people in it last night, a complete waste of space and money. Maybe they will be lucky enough to clean the area up after the game, to avoid argyle paying staff/ a company to do so? #volunteerworkforce #nowages
Back to top Go down

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 4:07 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Does the owner of Albion, or the Raiders, sit on the University's board of governors?

As it happens I can see why links between Argyle and the University could be mutually beneficial in all sorts of ways so fostering strong links between the two should be an important objective for each. I just thought it odd that James Brent's foot in each camp wasn't mentioned.

And there is no reason the we couldn't do similar with Marjons too.

Ahhh i get you now! sorry, i thought you were just mentioning in the deal in place. Well to my knowledge the uni doesnt have people on the boards of raiders and albion although thats not to say there isnt its more i dont know at the moment very little info on their set ups available on internet. It is odd considering the pasb setup was overlooked by a uni guy (i think)

They could strike a deal still with marjons. Its something the trust should encourage the club to seek a long term deal with marjons as frankly the better the facilities available the greater the benefits are the club and the team.
Harpers park has had its day and frankly is embarrassing for a pro football club to have still. It needs to either be reverted back to parkland/playing fields before brent eyes it up for a waitrose or handed over to the youth setup and used as their training ground aswell as home games and some djm ones.

Back to top Go down
greensleeves

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 4:50 pm

Football chairmen throughout the last 40 years have not spent a penny on upgrading argyle's training facilities,so hardly embarassing for the current regime who have only been in charge for a short time,to be suddenly expected to change everything.Paul Stapleton and his fellow directors really ran this club into the ground and the current board are doing a fantastic job in turning things around and getting this club on a sound footing.Universities all over the country seem to have plenty of money for new buildings though...how does that work out.
Back to top Go down

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 5:08 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Football chairmen throughout the last 40 years have not spent a penny on upgrading argyle's training facilities,so hardly embarassing for the current regime who have only been in charge for a short time,to be suddenly expected to change everything.Paul Stapleton and his fellow directors really ran this club into the ground and the current board are doing a fantastic job in turning things around and getting this club on a sound footing.Universities all over the country seem to have plenty of money for new buildings though...how does that work out.

When some evidence appears we shall see if that bit is true enough or not they dont seem to be answering the questions the trust puts to them about the state the club is in.

The club should use Marjons facilities for a nominal fee as it can home everything the club needs and wants to prepare for proffessional football including higher tier football. Harpers park is just a boggy run down slagheap that you cant train on most the time. Rather then waste money maintaining it get rid and move to marjons permanently for a nominal fee.

Perhaps brent could put another nandos in harpers park with fan backing after all all of HHP benefits the club  Cool 
Back to top Go down

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 5:12 pm

Quite simple greensleeves. Public funding of large capital assets shortly to be given away into private hands for nothing, as the last of the "crown jewel" utilities are privatised through the back door.  Just check out where all the NHS property assets are disappearing as we speak, let alone the massive overhang of PFI. The customers for these private health and education services will be provided, subsidised by the taxpayer at first, and then that subsidy will be withdrawn, bringing us back to the good old days.
But Joe Green Shirt thinks it's just a conspiracy with no chance of it actually happening.
And his bruv John Green Shirt thinks it's a great idea, as he can go watch the Greens with his children, before they toodle over to the grandstand to learn how to silver service the grandstand retired ex Dockyard grandees at the age of 14.

Last edited by Winter Green on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 5:12 pm

How is the club on a sound footing?

It no longer has any land assets and its debt continues to grow. That doesn't seem very sound to me.

The team has definitely improved but the club? No. Not by any rational measure.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 5:28 pm

SFD I was thinking pitch wise first and foremost...the club has got itself into the third round of the FA Cup for the first time in ages and a respectable league position with the possibility of a thrilling run in until the end of the season,which will increase attendances thats for sure.Its also soon going to get a new grandstand which will complete the ground and increase footfall no end.Nothing like four sides to a pitch.Plus the corporate section will be extended,which is greatly needed.Last night the corporate lounge was completely sold out.

Last edited by greensleeves on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 5:32 pm

greensleeves wrote:
SFD I was thinking pitch wise first and foremost...the club has got itself into the third round of the FA Cup for the first time in ages and a respectable league position with the possibility of a thrilling run in until the end of the season,which will increase attendances thats for sure.Its also soon going to get a new grandstand which will complete the ground and increase footfall no end.Nothing like four sides to a pitch.Plus the corporate section will be greatly extended,which is greatly needed.Last night the corporate lounge was completely sold out.

i guess the prawn sandwich brigade comes before football fans.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 5:35 pm

Angry...its all part of the matchday experience and is very popular whether you like prawn sandwiches or not.Yes, north atlantic prawns were recently a starter. Its where the money is spent.....SFD is quite often in there
Back to top Go down

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 5:37 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Angry...its all part of the matchday experience and is very popular whether you like prawn sandwiches or not.Yes, north atlantic prawns were recently a starter. Its where the money is spent.....SFD is quite often in there

Grass........................
Back to top Go down

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 5:40 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Angry...its all part of the matchday experience and is very popular whether you like prawn sandwiches or not.Yes,prawns were recently a starter. Its where the money is spent.....SFD is quite often in there

its popular with yuppies and corporate twits who want to show off to other yuppies and corporate twits the fact its at a football stadium means nothing. Real football fans go into the stand and pay to watch their team they dont need to be in a box with cheap cava.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 5:40 pm

greensleeves wrote:
SFD I was thinking pitch wise first and foremost...the club has got itself into the third round of the FA Cup for the first time in ages and a respectable league position with the possibility of a thrilling run in until the end of the season,which will increase attendances thats for sure.Its also soon going to get a new grandstand which will complete the ground and increase footfall no end.Nothing like four sides to a pitch.Plus the corporate section will be  extended,which is greatly needed.Last night the corporate lounge was completely sold out.

Perhaps the club ought to rethink the way corporate is done if they are consistently selling out. Less hangers-on invitees per company, freeing up more space for more companies and actual businessmen to actually network while they hobnob?

Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
greensleeves wrote:
SFD I was thinking pitch wise first and foremost...the club has got itself into the third round of the FA Cup for the first time in ages and a respectable league position with the possibility of a thrilling run in until the end of the season,which will increase attendances thats for sure.Its also soon going to get a new grandstand which will complete the ground and increase footfall no end.Nothing like four sides to a pitch.Plus the corporate section will be  extended,which is greatly needed.Last night the corporate lounge was completely sold out.

Perhaps the club ought to rethink the way corporate is done if they are consistently selling out. Less hangers-on invitees per company, freeing up more space for more companies and actual businessmen to actually network while they hobnob?

Just a suggestion.

or try and actually attract other buisnesses to invest instead of just one who has more name changes than prince.
Back to top Go down

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Slave labour to run the ministand  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 6:06 pm

greensleeves wrote:

Time for a price hike, then, because basic economics says that when demand outstrips supply the price must rise.

I'm all for a massive increase in the corporate side. The more the better. All income streams should be maximised. It's a crime that this is the only one that will be increased and even then only to a fraction of what could be done.

As for the rest the new grandstand will be a part of development that will strangle the ground and, eventually, the club and 79th in the league is not a respectable position unless you are Accrington.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
How is the club on a sound footing?

It no longer has any land assets and its debt continues to grow. That doesn't seem very sound to me.

The team has definitely improved but the club? No. Not by any rational measure.
Yep, I'd go with that. I got a bit of stick on here the other week for being happy with Brent deciding to go for it a bit more by the signing of Banton and I do stand by that. However don't get me wrong, all of those problems still are very much in place and I'm still personally concerned about them. The only caveat I'd raise is that the debt continues to grow as far as we last knew and it MAY have turned around slightly since but even so that's still a hell of a lot of debt to more than one party.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 6:46 pm

I don't think "going for it" and "Brent" could ever seriously or legitimately be put in the same sentence with reference to investing in the playing side. Some of the FA Cup revenue may have facilitated the Banton signing, but I'd still bet the end of the window will be reached with a drop in overall squad salary.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 6:50 pm

I think it will end up being Banton and Parsons/Appiah in and Blackman/Bencherif/Reckord/Obeday/Lavery out from the start of the month.

If so, at a rough guess I'd say that's about equal rather than significantly more or less. My gut instinct would say slightly more, especially if the other two are on permanent deals like Banton. Maybe we'll never know.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 7:28 pm

and why should you...none of your business to be blunt...we are looking for a play off position end of,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 7:42 pm

greensleeves wrote:
and why should you...none of your business to be blunt...we are looking for a play off position end of,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Al what are they putting in your prawn sarnies? is it Lsd?,,,,,,,, playoffs Laughing ......
Back to top Go down

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 7:46 pm

The club is on the up due to the overdue appointment of a proper manager Greensleeves. The two years that your lord and master spent trying to do league two on the cheap very nearly cost us our league status. Still surrounded by your mates in the business lounge dining on prawn sarnies I guess it's easy to forget the asset strip.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 7:55 pm

Things are turning around.Someone always comes from the pack to make a late challenge.This season it could be us and the increased gates would seem to support that thinking.We are all singing from the same song sheet in the business lounge if that helps.Play offs are a real possibilty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UoP and PAFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: UoP and PAFC   UoP and PAFC Empty

Back to top Go down

UoP and PAFC
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next