PAFC Squad

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PAFC Squad Empty
PostSubject: PAFC Squad   PAFC Squad EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 12:22 pm

We've got Fletcher, Walton and a load of rejects who nobody else wanted (you could argue no-one wants Walton too).

Was talking to an Aldershot supporting 'mate' (just some massive chav from work) who was doing his best to provoke banter 'you lost to Rotherham and Wimbledon haha' when I stopped him mid-sentence, my solid upbringing demanding instant attention from the local peasant, informed him eloquently of our current squad situation and then I hoisted him off the pier onto the rocks below, his severed head bobbing on the waves as the gulls pecked out his eyeballs.

Seriously though, how bad must you be to be a cast-off from somewhere like Barnet (Cole) or Oldham (Feeney)? And then be so desperate to find another club that you'll work for free? I get totally that the financial situation of the club is solely down to Stapes, the NWO, Kagami et al. £17m in debt for a club our size is absurd. But they've been out the picture for 8 months now. The current and pitiful squad is solely down to the lack of progress from Ridsdale, Heaney and Guilfoyle. The least I expected (from Ridsdale in particular) was that he'd provide a squad with a decent shot at being competitive in whatever league we're in. We've not got that and I think it is a mistake. Fans are pissed off enough with the situation off the pitch, but had we won the last 3 games with a decent squad then at least there would be some reason to still go to games. There just isn't, at the moment.

How many sub 5k crowds this season? I reckon at least 15. Providing we make it to the end.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Freathy

Freathy

PAFC Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC Squad   PAFC Squad EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Our plight is very sad. And totally unecessary - there was no need for any of this. The outclassed *****wallet (spit) got greedy and condemned Argyle with the fatal decisions of selling Ollie's best players to fatten accounts and inviting in the new world. All the scumbag had to do was back Ollie like he lied he was going to and instead of plummeting towards non-league as a basket case of a club, Argyle would now be at least a Championship club, probably financially flush after a season or two in the big time.
Back to top Go down

PAFC Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC Squad   PAFC Squad EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:41 pm

Freathy wrote:
Our plight is very sad. And totally unecessary - there was no need for any of this. The outclassed *****wallet (spit) got greedy and condemned Argyle with the fatal decisions of selling Ollie's best players to fatten accounts and inviting in the new world. All the scumbag had to do was back Ollie like he lied he was going to and instead of plummeting towards non-league as a basket case of a club, Argyle would now be at least a Championship club, probably financially flush after a season or two in the big time.

More than any individual in Argyle history that shithead is most responsible for the state in which the club is in. Still nobody holds him to account as he is neatly packaged within the M7, despite the fact his actions towards the ruination of this club are far greater than say Tony Wrathall's.

His decision to basically write off the football product off in favour of beefing up the share price for the benefit of gullible investors and then hang around like a bad smell trying make money out of the cricket ground makes me quiver with anger. As much as the benign response to him doing it.

I still think what goes around comes around and he'll regret cosying up to the Riddler.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PAFC Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC Squad   PAFC Squad EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Fans of any other club would have driven the scumbag out for selling ALL our best players when we were in such a superb league position. Not Argyle fans though. All they could do was screech "trust in stapes" and say f***ing shit like "what a great bit of business by stapes" as Buzsaky was gIven away to QPR. Well now the dull and ignorant *****wallet lovers have got the club they so fully deserve.
Back to top Go down

PAFC Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC Squad   PAFC Squad EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:27 pm

peter_dout wrote:
More than any individual in Argyle history that shithead is most responsible for the state in which the club is in. Still nobody holds him to account as he is neatly packaged within the M7, despite the fact his actions towards the ruination of this club are far greater than say Tony Wrathall's.

Peter, I don't accept that Tony Wrathall is any less responsible than Stapleton. And in fact, I think much of the present pre pack that is causing so much further damage is designed to include the £1m+ owed to the Hodling company onto the lifeboat of rescheduled debt. That debt was mainly unsecured loans made by Wrathall. He said just before the administration that he intended to fight. As we have not a heard a dicky bird from him since, I think we can safely assume the disasterous pre pack solution is far more favourable to Wrathall than Brent's back stop. I don't see how there is a cigarette paper between any of these previous owners..... they all took the punt.

When the Heaney bid is concluded, I suspect many fans will plead ignorance and look the other way as no further transparency is forthcoming and blindly support a new regime that was crafted solely with the rescue of the previous owners' money in mind.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PAFC Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC Squad   PAFC Squad EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:21 am

I agree the '7' are all responsible, but Stapleton was always the figurehead; remember he claimed a lot of the credit for our rise up the leagues 2000-05, and to oversee the subsequent plummet as well (he brought in the other 6, remember) means that he must lie in the bed that he made, so to speak.

His terrible tache/mullet also makes him a terrible human being.

Am I right in thinking that Wrathall was the only one to actually put money into the club in his own name? It probably only really indicates a naivety on the local businessman's part more than anything, but Gardener et al hid behind Mastpoint whilst Kagami's funds never arrived, and Stapes...well Stapes went to Dubai with the family.

Whadda guy.

king
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PAFC Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC Squad   PAFC Squad EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:23 am

penzancepirate wrote:
peter_dout wrote:

Peter, I don't accept that Tony Wrathall is any less responsible than Stapleton. And in fact, I think much of the present pre pack that is causing so much further damage is designed to include the £1m+ owed to the Hodling company onto the lifeboat of rescheduled debt. That debt was mainly unsecured loans made by Wrathall. He said just before the administration that he intended to fight. As we have not a heard a dicky bird from him since, I think we can safely assume the disasterous pre pack solution is far more favourable to Wrathall than Brent's back stop. I don't see how there is a cigarette paper between any of these previous owners..... they all took the punt.

When the Heaney bid is concluded, I suspect many fans will plead ignorance and look the other way as no further transparency is forthcoming and blindly support a new regime that was crafted solely with the rescue of the previous owners' money in mind.

Exactly as I see things Jack. How much of a moron do you have to be to pass it all off with pint and a pasty in the business lounge and bleat, ' I just supports my club, I do. Weem praaaaper fans? !' jocolor
Back to top Go down

PAFC Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC Squad   PAFC Squad EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:51 am

That tache was certainly public enemy numero uno... the world seems such a better place without it. I remember the Leicester fans saying they would even have Mandaric than that staring down at them from their directors' box.
Was it Jack Bruce or Eric Clapton who first coined the Phrase .....
"Such good responses,
But the chairman has a muuuuustache."

To me, the most naive of the bunch has to be Kagami. He was obviously looking for a safe haven to stash some of his investments to escape the oncoming financial crash, but what on earth could his advisor Campbell have said to him to encourage him to invest in Argyle ? ..... and as a vulnerable equity shareholding too ! ... it was at least £2m in the end after he was convinced by Stapes we were a selling club ... ha ha.... little did he know those sales were a one off 'golden generation'.

Todd and Gardner certainly didn't fall for it. They paid the absolute minimum in shares to get their feet under the table .... I suspect Gardner could see the figures weren't as good as one year's accounts might have suggested.... mind you, he was no genius entrepreneur either ... just a prime example of a new modern cabal, the often school connected, poorly skilled, executive class, who coined it on the back of ex public utilities and the like, taking UK PLC to the cleaners in their wake... you would have to be a complete dunce not to have made bucketloads in that game, in effect, trousering the new profits to be had from IT technology advances of the 80s and 90s.
I still find it difficult to believe Kagami has just written off that £2m + ... surely he hasn't allowed the others to reschedule their own money under the new club lifeboat, leaving him out in the cold. Just maybe he really is that dumb.
Back to top Go down

PAFC Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC Squad   PAFC Squad EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:37 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I agree the '7' are all responsible, but Stapleton was always the figurehead; remember he claimed a lot of the credit for our rise up the leagues 2000-05, and to oversee the subsequent plummet as well (he brought in the other 6, remember) means that he must lie in the bed that he made, so to speak.

Am I right in thinking that Wrathall was the only one to actually put money into the club in his own name? It probably only really indicates a naivety on the local businessman's part more than anything, but Gardener et al hid behind Mastpoint whilst Kagami's funds never arrived, and Stapes...well Stapes went to Dubai with the family.

Whadda guy.

king

It wasn't a family holiday as most of his family didn't go, only his lovely wife and young son Ollie. Outside of school holiday too, so I hope the Local Education Authority are OK with it! More like "I've just put the club into administation, there are the pieces Ridders, I'm out of here. In any case I am only the VICE chairman, so its nothing to do with me anyway" Holiday if you ask me.

Smiffy used to sing the blokes praises in the most nauseous fashion possible before he saw the 'light' I wonder how he feels aout him now.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PAFC Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC Squad   PAFC Squad EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:23 pm

peter_dout wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Whadda guy.

king

It wasn't a family holiday as most of his family didn't go, only his lovely wife and young son Ollie. Outside of school holiday too, so I hope the Local Education Authority are OK with it! More like "I've just put the club into administation, there are the pieces Ridders, I'm out of here. In any case I am only the VICE chairman, so its nothing to do with me anyway" Holiday if you ask me.

Smiffy used to sing the blokes praises in the most nauseous fashion possible before he saw the 'light' I wonder how he feels aout him now.

Trust in Stapes ! they all cried. The Farm controllers so many complaints about Tringy constantly predicting doom and not to trust in Stapes, they just had to ban the one trick pony ! 'I'll never hear a bad word said about that man and his lovely family . Rolling Eyes jocolor lol!
Listen and learn, Aviva boys.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PAFC Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC Squad   PAFC Squad EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:57 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
That tache was certainly public enemy numero uno... the world seems such a better place without it. I remember the Leicester fans saying they would even have Mandaric than that staring down at them from their directors' box.
Was it Jack Bruce or Eric Clapton who first coined the Phrase .....
"Such good responses,
But the chairman has a muuuuustache."

To me, the most naive of the bunch has to be Kagami. He was obviously looking for a safe haven to stash some of his investments to escape the oncoming financial crash, but what on earth could his advisor Campbell have said to him to encourage him to invest in Argyle ? ..... and as a vulnerable equity shareholding too ! ... it was at least £2m in the end after he was convinced by Stapes we were a selling club ... ha ha.... little did he know those sales were a one off 'golden generation'.

Todd and Gardner certainly didn't fall for it. They paid the absolute minimum in shares to get their feet under the table .... I suspect Gardner could see the figures weren't as good as one year's accounts might have suggested.... mind you, he was no genius entrepreneur either ... just a prime example of a new modern cabal, the often school connected, poorly skilled, executive class, who coined it on the back of ex public utilities and the like, taking UK PLC to the cleaners in their wake... you would have to be a complete dunce not to have made bucketloads in that game, in effect, trousering the new profits to be had from IT technology advances of the 80s and 90s.
I still find it difficult to believe Kagami has just written off that £2m + ... surely he hasn't allowed the others to reschedule their own money under the new club lifeboat, leaving him out in the cold. Just maybe he really is that dumb.

'Twas Jack Bruce,PP, a Cream track called SWLABR from Disraeli Gears,superb album by a superb band.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PAFC Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC Squad   PAFC Squad EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:40 pm

peter_dout wrote:
Freathy wrote:

His decision to basically write off the football product off in favour of beefing up the share price for the benefit of gullible investors and then hang around like a bad smell trying make money out of the cricket ground makes me quiver with anger. As much as the benign response to him doing it.

I still think what goes around comes around and he'll regret cosying up to the Riddler.

I was trying to think of any other figures in Argyle's history who generate more loathing within me than Stapes.McCauley was bad enough in a different sort of way,but strangely enough i think that underneath it all,he did actually care about the club-it was his mouth and the ever bigger holes it dug for him that did for Dan.Aside from that,i always hated Daniel for selling Mariner and undermining Waiters,but that almost pales into insignifcance when you look at recent events.Nope,can't think of anyone else,such a shame,because i had genuine respect for the man at one time.Not that he'll care about what any of us think or feel,of coourse.
Back to top Go down

PAFC Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC Squad   PAFC Squad EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:43 am

A good post although I wouldn't say McCauley 'cared' about the club per se. I think he had in mind a vanity project which might pay dividends given the new money flooding into the game. McCauley in common with most self made men had the money that their parents didn't have but found it didn't necessarily equate with status so attempted to get this via ownership of a community totem such as the football club.

Unfortunately he didn't have a skin thick enough to cope with such a public role, his first managerial appointment was in hindsight catastrophic and the rest is history.

Imagine if McCauley had got so lucky as Stapleton did with his first manager?

Stapleton as an accountant had a chip on his shoulder about anyone with more money than him, which would have been practically every other chairmen on the football league. I suspect the wife wouldn't have enjoyed the 'considerably richers' of Leicester and Leeds so eventually it became all about personal gain. I expect you've all got a story or two about that, but whilst he was whispering in the ear of certain people he xod do no wrong.

One day we might find. Chairman who doesn't a chip on his shoulder about something!

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 28)
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PAFC Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC Squad   PAFC Squad EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 10:06 am

peter_dout wrote:
A good post although I wouldn't say McCauley 'cared' about the club per se. I think he had in mind a vanity project which might pay dividends given the new money flooding into the game. McCauley in common with most self made men had the money that their parents didn't have but found it didn't necessarily equate with status so attempted to get this via ownership of a community totem such as the football club.

Unfortunately he didn't have a skin thick enough to cope with such a public role, his first managerial appointment was in hindsight catastrophic and the rest is history.

Imagine if McCauley had got so lucky as Stapleton did with his first manager?

Stapleton as an accountant had a chip on his shoulder about anyone with more money than him, which would have been practically every other chairmen on the football league. I suspect the wife wouldn't have enjoyed the 'considerably richers' of Leicester and Leeds so eventually it became all about personal gain. I expect you've all got a story or two about that, but whilst he was whispering in the ear of certain people he xod do no wrong.

One day we might find. Chairman who doesn't a chip on his shoulder about something!

Fair enough,maybe i should have said that he wanted on the field success for the club-he certainly provided a fair amount of money for Kemp and Shilts in his early years.Strange man,though.I don't know if you've ever read Warnock's book,in it he describes how McCauley started to cold shoulder and blank him for no apparent reason,a situation that carried on for months.In the end he approached Dan and asked him what the hell was wrong.Dan continually denied that there was a problem but Warnock probed and eventually got the answer out of him.Dan was highly miffed because Warnock had inadevertently booked a bigger room than Dan's when they were staying in a hotel on an away trip! lol! Thats what you call an ego. And there was the Wembley shirts fiasco,as well,talk about mountains and molehills.So sad,that was another time when the club could have used the momentum and really pushed on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PAFC Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC Squad   PAFC Squad Empty

Back to top Go down

PAFC Squad
Page 1 of 1