Dane
GreenSam
Czarcasm
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
GreenSam

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:30 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Fookin 'ell Sam.  I'll probably have to go through that lot tomorrow.

Just to start though, on your 1st sentence, I never stated anything about your views at 'voting time'.  I merely suggested that your own personal views may sway future votes.  There really wasn't any need to be so defensive.

The reality of your point of view is it will be public, there's nothing wrong with that.  What I will say is when you come out with statements like "Excellent news - looks like this season at least we're really going for promotion", it will not be taken as Sam the poster by all but Sam the AFT Leader by some.  You are representative and you'll find it very difficult to seperate the two.  I wont apologise if you don't like this.  I'll read the rest tomorrow.
No worries...not expecting you or indeed wanting you to apologise and I don't deny for a second your heart is in the right place. I just feel that binary thinking where credit isn't given when due is pointless.

Jack Sheppard wrote:

Good Post  jabba Sam.
Thanks  Very Happy Happy to accept that I may be slowly morphing into Argyle's jabba in many ways  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:45 pm

Binary thinking? I'm a simple Argyle fan, I don't do corporate shit.

If you don't understand my clear for all post then no point continuing. I've not disrespected you once so please don't turn this into me not giving you any credit.

I respect your personal view but as a Trust Leader I feel you need to be careful what you say. You disagree, we'll leave it at that!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:00 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Binary thinking?  I'm a simple Argyle fan, I don't do corporate shit.

If you don't understand my clear for all post then no point continuing.  I've not disrespected you once so please don't turn this into me not giving you any credit.  

I respect your personal view but as a Trust Leader I feel you need to be careful what you say.  You disagree, we'll leave it at that!
Believe me when I say that I don't think for a second that you ARE disrespecting me.

I have no personal issue with you and I am fully aware that you don't with me either.

Fair enough on the last line but I can promise you that if my honestly held views result in me being voted out (if I decide to re-stand) then I'd take that on the chin in the knowledge that I held opinions that were true to myself and wasn't a crowd pleaser in any way.

Sorry if this got at all heated and I hope we've established the beef isn't personal either way, just saying that I take on board what you say that as an AFT leader I am accountable but, as a rule of thumb, I would still personally rather stand firm and say it as I see it. I try to avoid politicking/ being slippery tounged and changing my opinion to suit the audience .

Ps. Binary thinking means having a one track opinion whatever the circumstances rather than judging on a case by case basis. If you have the time then maybe reading through my long post will help you better understand where I'm coming from.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:08 am

You wont get voted off the trust Sam.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:11 am

Elias wrote:
You wont get voted off the trust Sam.
Thanks, I'd hope not either but if I do then I'd do so head high.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:24 am

I'm pleased to see Banton come back. I can't think why any Argyle fan wouldn't be. Sadly that's tempered by Lavery's departure so it isn't all good.

In fact coupled with the departures of Bencherif, Reckord and Chadwick (with Blackman surely to follow) it represents a welcome trimming of deadwood with an actual increase in the overall wage bill unlikely to be a factor. So it's pretty much all good from every perspective that I can think of: better both on and off the pitch.

It's only a step though and we need a few of them so let's see a decent couple of full backs arrive too. If that happens we could soon be kicking on at last just as we have every right to expect to at this level. Right now we are still punching well below our weight but it makes a pleasant change to be feeling optimistic and looking upwards rather than worryingly examining everything that's happening over our shoulders and in the boardroom (where plenty of potential dangers still lurk).
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:32 am

wait a minute

GREENSAM is the leader of the trust!!!!!

not that i have any issue with that but i didnt see the memo
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:42 am

Angry wrote:
wait a minute

Not THE leader. On the trust board is the correct turn of phrase, should have clarified.

I've been thought of as running both GOS and the trust in the last couple of days on here  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:42 am

No real beef from me Sam and nothing I see as heated.

People in position do get pulled all the time for their personal views, rightly or wrongly.  You made a personal statement which well and truly shone JB in a good light, a signing which showed clear intent.

Rightly or wrongly, your personal message came from AFT Leader Sam.  I could go back to the 90s or early 2000s and recall stories in the local rag quoting PASOTI, I knew no better and always assumed they were the good guys, they probably were back then.  I could read the same about PASOTI and without knowledge believe the same today.

I'm sorry Sam, you just wont be able to separate your personal opinion from the people you're representing.  I read your message as your own, others wont.  The Herald will quickly jump on it when it suits.

Imagine Nool making the same statement. He'd be jumped all over.

I do hope you understand me a little more?  No attack Sam, no disrespect intended.

Last edited by Coxside_Green on Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:44 am

Angry wrote:
wait a minute

A Trust Leader, not 'the Trust leader' pffft
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 3:08 am

3 goals 14 games for mk dons thats a fair return, does everyone forget hes a winger ?.
strange move for him, seems mk dons have signed bigger fish. wonder what other deals were available i bet theres an exit clause the 'plymouth price' £4.57 then !

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 3:32 am

Angry wrote:
wait a minute

guessing no one else wanted the job.
makes you think the corruption could be groomed into the younger members any sign of those party photos yet.
yeah we get it you don't deal with the photos who cares you know who to ask the questions of so toddle off and do that
we can wait
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 6:53 am

Davidfriio4 wrote:
Angry wrote:
wait a minute

makes you think the corruption could be groomed into the younger members any sign of those party photos yet.
yeah we get it you don't deal with the photos who cares you know who to ask the questions of so toddle off and do that
we can wait

Pigheaded ignoramous.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:09 am

AstiSpumante wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Angry wrote:
wait a minute

we can wait

Pigheaded ignoramous.

come then who's multi is this, that's a big word for you who ever you are.
you get a dictionary for Christmas or did you steal it.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:42 am

Davidfriio4 wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Angry wrote:
wait a minute

we can wait

Pigheaded ignoramous.

come then who's multi is this, that's a big word for you who ever you are.
you get a dictionary for Christmas or did you steal it.

I'm actually starting to think you are multi

Last edited by Dane. on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:05 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
No real beef from me Sam and nothing I see as heated.

People in position do get pulled all the time for their personal views, rightly or wrongly.  You made a personal statement which well and truly shone JB in a good light, a signing which showed clear intent.

Rightly or wrongly, your personal message came from AFT Leader Sam.  I could go back to the 90s or early 2000s and recall stories in the local rag quoting PASOTI, I knew no better and always assumed they were the good guys, they probably were back then.  I could read the same about PASOTI and without knowledge believe the same today.

I'm sorry Sam, you just wont be able to separate your personal opinion from the people you're representing.  I read your message as your own, others wont.  The Herald will quickly jump on it when it suits.

Imagine Nool making the same statement.  He'd be jumped all over.

I do hope you understand me a little more?  No attack Sam, no disrespect intended.
None taken either. Have heard what you had to say and understand why you've said it. Will take it on board but can't promise to change from it- no hard feelings.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:10 am

Davidfriio4 wrote:
Angry wrote:
wait a minute

we can wait
If you want to ask anyone at greensonscreen then there's a quick and easy contact us section on the site. If I was able to help you in a way that wasn't easy to do themselves then I would. Anyway I don't see quite what the desperation is. It's fairly well known that a certain couple obviously at the heart of all this went to the evening together. Why is photographic evidence so important?
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:23 am

Davidfriio4 seems to think its acceptable to throw his bad attitude around and aim it at whoever walks across his path

Buck up or ship out young man
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 12:20 am

Dane. wrote:
Davidfriio4 seems to think its acceptable to throw his bad attitude around and aim it at whoever walks across his path

Buck up or ship out young man
Im 100% not a multi and yeah my attitude stinks.
so what put up or shut up dane
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 12:13 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Binary thinking?  I'm a simple Argyle fan, I don't do corporate shit.

If you don't understand my clear for all post then no point continuing.  I've not disrespected you once so please don't turn this into me not giving you any credit.  

I respect your personal view but as a Trust Leader I feel you need to be careful what you say.  You disagree, we'll leave it at that!
Believe me when I say that I don't think for a second that you ARE disrespecting me.

I have no personal issue with you and I am fully aware that you don't with me either.

Fair enough on the last line but I can promise you that if my honestly held views result in me being voted out (if I decide to re-stand) then I'd take that on the chin in the knowledge that I held opinions that were true to myself and wasn't a crowd pleaser in any way.

Sorry if this got at all heated and I hope we've established the beef isn't personal either way, just saying that I take on board what you say that as an AFT leader I am accountable but, as a rule of thumb, I would still personally rather stand firm and say it as I see it. I try to avoid politicking/ being slippery tounged and changing my opinion to suit the audience .

Ps. Binary thinking means having a one track opinion whatever the circumstances rather than judging on a case by case basis. If you have the time then maybe reading through my long post will help you better understand where I'm coming from.

Binary has 2 options tho  Very Happy
I will also point out that Brent has not paid a penny what with the £1million plus building from Devon County Council, the £2million plus Pavilions, £800,000 profit on the ground plus I expect other amounts with the Civic Centre.

Although I am hoping Banton is a good signing I still have some reservation about the way it could turn out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4