LondonGreen
Dane
GreenSam
Czarcasm
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  Empty
PostSubject: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 6:32 pm

So according to Gordon Sparks Jason Banton has been released from his contract and is on the verge of signing for us.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I believe it when i see it however its not easy to tease the fish on twitter and some have seen this as gospel  we shall see. Will be a excellent signing it it happens but ffs i wish some argyle fans would stop with the lyrical fellatio tweets to him.

Last edited by Angry on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 6:35 pm

That would be a great signing if true.

Glad you linked to Twatter because I can see that Webb has gone and got my account suspended because I keep taking the piss out of his bucket fanny'ed bos-eyed trollop  lol! 

I'll just have to start a REALLY abusive account then Webb you grubby cnut  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 6:58 pm

Greenjock wrote:

Glad you linked to Twatter because I can see that Webb has gone and got my account suspended because I keep taking the piss out of his bucket fanny'ed bos-eyed trollop  lol! 

I'll just have to start a REALLY abusive account then Webb you grubby cnut  cheers 

Jocko, you're such a fence-sitter!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:02 pm

Great news if true. If we can keep Banton and have Lavery for another 6/7 weeks then I think a play-off push really could be on. 2 losses in 16.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:17 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Great news if true. If we can keep Banton and have Lavery for another 6/7 weeks then I think a play-off push really could be on. 2 losses in 16.

The first thing John needs to do once Sheffield Wednesday appoint a manager is move mountains to get Lavery here for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:35 pm

Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

The first thing John needs to do once Sheffield Wednesday appoint a manager is move mountains to get Lavery here for the rest of the season.

Would we be able to play Reid, Lavery and Banton? Or afford them come to that?

That would be a very attacking line up.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:36 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Jocko, you're such a fence-sitter!  lol! 

I know I really ought to say it like it is sometimes lol.
I'll just text the marriage wrecker instead  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:19 pm

I bet the source is Errington
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:20 pm

McCormick

Blanchard
Nelson
Trotman

Berry
Blizzard/Young
Hourihane
Purrington

Banton

Reid
Lavery

That looks VERY tasty imo. Agreed that Sheridan should do his best to ensure we keep Lavery for the season but that deal would have to be agreed before January and to be honest I have a feeling that however hard we try their new manager may want him back especially if he keeps his form going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:25 pm

Dane. wrote:
I bet the source is Errington

bound to be i dont imagine sparksy is that well known in that parish to have sources inside palace.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:28 pm

my point exactly, which raise's questions as to how certain this is. Great news if true tho
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:31 pm

Dane. wrote:
my point exactly, which raise's questions as to how certain this is. Great news if true tho

The free transfer bit i can see being true as Banton isnt a Pulis player but as for coming here that will be down to how low can he go in terms of wages offered by brent.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:42 pm

Seems a bit of a City Boy to me...would he be happy moving permanently to the 'arse end of nowhere'?

I'm getting flashbacks to the Puncheon move all over again (though at least Banton has a manager who has faith in him I suppose)
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 9:21 pm

Also Banton has a prior connection with the club and relationship with the manager with Puncheon never even went on to have let alone had it to start with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 9:22 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Also Banton has a prior connection with the club and relationship with the manager with Puncheon never even went on to have let alone had it to start with.

puncheon got too busy with easters missus ttoo
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 10:00 pm

We'll get all really excited then he'll inevitably sign for Crawley.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 10:01 pm

Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

puncheon got too busy with easters missus ttoo

Christ is football just a front for a big secret wife swapping club at argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 10:07 pm

We just need this guy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 10:12 pm

looks like its happening now.

Banton set to sign 18month contract

brent's herald wrote:
PLYMOUTH Argyle are poised to complete the permanent signing of Jason Banton from Crystal Palace on an 18-month contract, The Herald understands.

The capture of the 21-year-old attacker would be sure to excite the Green Army following his successful loan spell with the Pilgrims last season.

Banton is set to have a medical on Wednesday, after Argyle struck a deal with Palace which includes a sell-on clause should he be sold in the future.

The Pilgrims are also still keen on signing 21-year-old left-back Matt Parsons from Palace.

Banton recently completed a loan spell at League One outfit MK Dons and Argyle manager John Sheridan has wasted no time in trying to conclude a deal for him.

Argyle are on an excellent run of results, which have seen them move up to 12th in League Two and within five points of a play-off position.

They also have a FA Cup third round replay against Port Vale at Home Park next Tuesday, although Banton would not be eligible to play in it.

Banton made 14 starts and three substitute appearances for MK Dons after signing in the summer and scored three goals.

However, he played only once after the end of November, and that was in a FA Cup second round home tie against Dover Athletic.

There has already been plenty of player movement at Argyle since the opening of the January transfer window.

Left-back Jamie Reckord and winger Tope Obadeyi have completed loan spells from Wolverhampton Wanderers and Bury respectively.

Midfielder Hamza Bencherif was released at the end of a short-term deal and striker Nick Chadwick has had his contract cancelled by mutual consent.

Banton grabbed six goals in 14 games for Argyle on loan from Palace towards the end of last season.

He finished as their top scorer for the 2012/13 campaign, playing a key part as they successfully escaped relegation out of the Football League.

Banton’s performances led to him being named as the League Two player-of-the-month for March.

Sheridan wanted to re-sign Banton on loan from Palace in the summer but he ended up moving to MK Dons.

One of his first games for them came in a pre-season friendly against Argyle at Home Park in July, which ended in a 1-1 draw.

Sheridan is keen on recruiting a left-back after the departure of Reckord, while Andre Blackman is out of contract at the end of January.

Parsons has played 10 times for Palace and had loan spells at Barnet and Wycombe Wanderers.

The Herald first reported on December 31 that Sheridan was keen on signing Banton and Parsons.

All looks good just pass the medical and sign the contract then its time to get down it with KOOL and the gang. The sell on clause worries me a bit just how much do palace get when he is sold  scratch scratch scratch

Last edited by Angry on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 10:14 pm

Angry wrote:
looks like its happening now.

Banton set to sign 18month contract

PLYMOUTH Argyle are poised to complete the permanent signing of Jason Banton from Crystal Palace on an 18-month contract, The Herald understands.

The capture of the 21-year-old attacker would be sure to excite the Green Army following his successful loan spell with the Pilgrims last season.

Banton is set to have a medical on Wednesday, after Argyle struck a deal with Palace which includes a sell-on clause should he be sold in the future.

The Pilgrims are also still keen on signing 21-year-old left-back Matt Parsons from Palace.

Banton recently completed a loan spell at League One outfit MK Dons and Argyle manager John Sheridan has wasted no time in trying to conclude a deal for him.

Argyle are on an excellent run of results, which have seen them move up to 12th in League Two and within five points of a play-off position.

They also have a FA Cup third round replay against Port Vale at Home Park next Tuesday, although Banton would not be eligible to play in it.

Banton made 14 starts and three substitute appearances for MK Dons after signing in the summer and scored three goals.

However, he played only once after the end of November, and that was in a FA Cup second round home tie against Dover Athletic.

There has already been plenty of player movement at Argyle since the opening of the January transfer window.

Left-back Jamie Reckord and winger Tope Obadeyi have completed loan spells from Wolverhampton Wanderers and Bury respectively.

Midfielder Hamza Bencherif was released at the end of a short-term deal and striker Nick Chadwick has had his contract cancelled by mutual consent.

Banton grabbed six goals in 14 games for Argyle on loan from Palace towards the end of last season.

He finished as their top scorer for the 2012/13 campaign, playing a key part as they successfully escaped relegation out of the Football League.

Banton’s performances led to him being named as the League Two player-of-the-month for March.

Sheridan wanted to re-sign Banton on loan from Palace in the summer but he ended up moving to MK Dons.

One of his first games for them came in a pre-season friendly against Argyle at Home Park in July, which ended in a 1-1 draw.

Sheridan is keen on recruiting a left-back after the departure of Reckord, while Andre Blackman is out of contract at the end of January.

Parsons has played 10 times for Palace and had loan spells at Barnet and Wycombe Wanderers.

The Herald first reported on December 31 that Sheridan was keen on signing Banton and Parsons.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

OMG! OMG OMG OMG! !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 10:17 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
Seems a bit of a City Boy to me...would he be happy moving permanently to the 'arse end of nowhere'?

I'm getting flashbacks to the Puncheon move all over again (though at least Banton has a manager who has faith in him I suppose)

Plymouth - it's hardly Burton or Rochdale is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 10:17 pm

I wonder if their was a fee involved ?  raised eyebrow 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 10:20 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

if there is a sell on i would reckon its a freebie
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 10:22 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

I guess it would be a free transfer with a 30 - 50% sell on clause.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 10:30 pm

credit where credit is due, thats more like it brent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS    MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS  Empty

Back to top Go down

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT...BANTON SIGNS
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next