The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One year on

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

One year on - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 10:55 am

Tis is more of a bellend than I thought.

The drop in attendance will be down to several factors. The weather will have been significant, as will Torquay being so shit that hundreds of their fans stayed away. 

Perversely I reckon more Argyle fans attended last season because we were fighting for survival and not mid table. If we win three or four on the bounce now I'd reckon crowds would increase as promotion becomes a possibility.

Pompey fans are currently attending in huge numbers due to the feel good factor of being saved and as a recent premier league club of course they will have a lot more fans than say Bury or another minnow like Exeter.

If Pompey stay in league two for 3 or 4 years you can bet your life that attendances will fall below 10k.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:28 pm

Greenjock wrote:

The drop in attendance will be down to several factors. The weather will have been significant, as will Torquay being so Sh*t that hundreds of their fans stayed away. 

Perversely I reckon more Argyle fans attended last season because we were fighting for survival and not mid table. If we win three or four on the bounce now I'd reckon crowds would increase as promotion becomes a possibility.

Pompey fans are currently attending in huge numbers due to the feel good factor of being saved and as a recent premier league club of course they will have a lot more fans than say Bury or another minnow like Exeter.

If Pompey stay in league two for 3 or 4 years you can bet your life that attendances will fall below 10k.

I have had a look around th'interweb for an English "Rab" translator but couldn't find one so I will try typing really slowly to see if that helps.

Right:-

Pompey= Big club with history, trophies, support and a decent chance of going as high as the championship with a ground to support the ambitions of the fans who saved their own club.

Muff= Big club wannabees, no trophies, a few 'tards still prepared to turn up and moan, more atmos on the moon, who couldn't get off their piss stained sofas to stop their club being nicked by a userer property developer, aided and abetted by a few real fans, no chance of going anywhere but down when all the loanees go home with a free diddy stand on hold because of the price of breeze blocks.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 4:21 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

The drop in attendance will be down to several factors. The weather will have been significant, as will Torquay being so Sh*t that hundreds of their fans stayed away. 

I have had a look around th'interweb for an English "Rab" translator but couldn't find one so I will try typing really slowly to see if that helps.

Right:-

Pompey= Big club with history, trophies, support and a decent chance of going as high as the championship with a ground to support the ambitions of the fans who saved their own club.

Muff= Big club wannabees, no trophies, a few 'tards still prepared to turn up and moan, more atmos on the moon, who couldn't get off their piss stained sofas to stop their club being nicked by a userer property developer, aided and abetted by a few real fans, no chance of going anywhere but down when all the loanees go home with a free diddy stand on hold because of the price of breeze blocks.

Tis have you seen how many turn up at the sidhole? three and a half thousand on a good day! city are dying, being killed off by the chiefs. argyle will survive and thrive one day, when speccy and the chancers have gone. not sure that your motorway or uni. will save you beys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 4:39 pm

I must say, the increasingly successful rugby thing in Exeter is almost certain to kill off Exeter's league football days in the future. All the kids will follow it, if any sport. Barring inside the actual boundary of Plymouth, we are a celtic rugby playing bunch in Devon and Cornwall, so it sort of fits.
I'm not so confident that Argyle will survive as a league outfit in the long run, nothing lasts for ever, and believe the whole fully professional "league" thing will be altered drastically to suit the TV brand thing. Most towns in the two counties have a far more vibrant and involved rugby club than the insular football half hearted attempts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 4:44 pm

Winter Green wrote:
I must say, the increasingly successful rugby thing in Exeter is almost certain to kill off Exeter's league football days in the future. All the kids will follow it, if any sport. Barring inside the actual boundary of Plymouth, we are a celtic rugby playing bunch in Devon and Cornwall, so it sort of fits.
I'm not so confident that Argyle will survive as a league outfit in the long run.
Football is the top sport in the world WG, there will always be a football club in devon/cornwalls biggest city.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

One year on
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2