HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One year on

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

One year on Empty
PostSubject: One year on   One year on EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 5:03 pm

And look how far we've come now we dont have an incompetent manager in charge cheers 
Back to top Go down

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 5:07 pm

Can't argue with the facts Angry.  cheers  I have to hold my hand up and say that my support for Shez was being sorely tested earlier in the season, but after a stuttering start I am sure he is the man to lead us out of this league so give him a chance Brent.
Back to top Go down

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 7:25 pm

I said at the start of the season if we finish mid table between 12th - 15th i would be happy considering the previous seasons. but now i think providing JS has backing in January we can push for playoffs. We may not secure a spot in them mind but we could be there about's which will stand us in good stead for next season and more likely to get fans excited about the clubs future over a nandos or mural Smile
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 7:29 pm

The bigger picture hasn't changed .
Back to top Go down

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 7:32 pm

I'm not saying that it has for a minute Tringy, but getting out of this dogshit league would be welcomed by me. I would hail it as a victory inspite of Brent not because of him.
Back to top Go down

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 7:34 pm

Iggy wrote:
I'm not saying that it has for a minute Tringy, but getting out of this dogshit league would be welcomed by me. I would hail it as a victory inspite of Brent not because of him.

it would be up there with 2002's title win considering the handicap the club has off field.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 7:58 pm

With a half decent manager, a city club like Argyle will inevitably win a few games from time to time, even maybe gain promotion from this league of dross and minnows one day but that is as good as it will get. Continued debts, loanees coming and going, the best youngsters being poached for peanuts and a boxed in stadium, will only ever tempt back a few of those previously addicted but no new blood. The inbred mentality prevailing will see to that.

The days of lower league mediocrity and gates ranging between 5 and 10k are here to stay for decades.Maybe we'll get lucky and do a Yeovil...... Enjoy the ride  No 
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 9:24 pm

Tringreen wrote:
With a half decent manager, a city club like Argyle will inevitably win a few games from time to time, even maybe gain promotion from this league of dross and minnows one day but that is as good as it will get. Continued debts, loanees coming and going, the best youngsters being poached for peanuts and a boxed in stadium, will only ever tempt back a few of those previously addicted but no new blood. The inbred mentality prevailing will see to that.

The days of lower league mediocrity and gates ranging between 5 and 10k are here to stay for decades.Maybe we'll get lucky and do a Yeovil...... Enjoy the ride  No 

Damn Tring man, you is such a wet blanket, 10k roll up for your second biggest game of the season, you finally sneak above your Nemesis on a temporary basis via a decent win on the pitch you never paid for and there is still a fair to middling chance of you getting your stadium finished off buckshee, ffs feel the luv man.
Back to top Go down

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 9:42 pm

1st feckin day of the year and Tis has already managed to post his same old verbal diaherrea as last year.

Your New Years resolution obviously wasn't to stop acting like a complete bellend I see.

10k on a shitty day like today wasn't bad. Poor old shitty had to postpone their game because there had been a bout of fucktard flu which has affected every single squad member of theirs.

Your cancelled game will now be played on a Tuesday evening in February when the attendance is expected to be around 2000.

Who've you got on Saturday while we're in the 3rd round and in pretty decent form for the first time in years?

Oh that's right you're playing catch up to us in the league at the moment. Good luck.
Back to top Go down

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 9:53 pm

you could fit 10000 in exeter's playing field  sarcasm 
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 10:57 pm

Greenjock wrote:
1st feckin day of the year and Tis has already managed to post his same old verbal diaherrea as last year.

Your New Years resolution obviously wasn't to stop acting like a complete bellend I see.

10k on a shitty day like today wasn't bad. Poor old shitty had to postpone their game because there had been a bout of fucktard flu which has affected every single squad member of theirs.

Your cancelled game will now be played on a Tuesday evening in February when the attendance is expected to be around 2000.

Who've you got on Saturday while we're in the 3rd round and in pretty decent form for the first time in years?

Oh that's right you're playing catch up to us in the league at the moment. Good luck.

Good to see that four years struggling to rival the Turks for the No.2 spot hasn't blunted ol' Cocky Jocky's ability to throw down, be careful though potty mouth, a single point on Sat will be enough to put us back in front while, hopefully, Vale are ending ending your hopes of a draw against one of your plassy supporter's 'real teams'.

As usual you seem to have missed that I was alluding to your attendance being quite impressive, no great surprises there I suppose with your gene pool being of the ilk that never knows when to say no to a bevvy.

Never fear, I shall continue to keep coming down here to remind you what a bunch of ungrateful, miserable losers you lot are.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 7:01 am

Hats off to Sheridan for what he's done despite our attrocious owner. But take the loan players away and all we're left with is a conference south standard 'team'. The points we're getting now may just about avoid an end of season fight to stay in the league but the progress made since that incompetent buffoon clueless carl outstanding individual was sacked is built on sand not rock.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 7:20 am

Yesterday was the first time i have been up there for about a year. I thought the improvement was astonishing.

Last year it was like watching a disability game.

Yesterday the team always looked to play football. Worked hard. And had an end product.
Back to top Go down

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 8:50 am

I actually don't know if other teams in this division also rely on loan players. Has anyone done the research?

It may be that we're not unusual in what we do.
Back to top Go down

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 10:07 am

I'm sure we're not unusual, and in this division that's a distinct disadvantage when down here. Argyle have to stand out and shout.
In this division every young aspiring player worth their salt should want to sign for clubs like Portsmouth or Argyle. That they're not speaks volumes. I'd love to know why the large comparative attendances of both clubs are not translating into any sort of success. I think we know deep down. Average is what has been aimed for down here, and average is what will be achieved, "just in time". I've ploughed through too many eras at Argyle when mediocre was on the menu, at whatever level it was.

The meh factor for POTDers has always been there, but I would suggest it is the likliehood of an entertaining game and good atmosphere that sways the day far more than the weather. The POTD people I'm talking about are former regulars, not tourists  sunny  There's thousands out there, but word gets round about the poor quality. Yesterday seems as if it was the first game fans were properly entertained for years. There will have to be a great deal more games like that to stir the stumps out of chairs. My own personal reasons for not attending are different, and probably in a minority. I cannot support Brent's idea of park development as it stands, nor his regime's culture.
Back to top Go down

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 10:51 am

Greenjock wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 11:05 am

Winter Green wrote:
I'm sure we're not unusual, and in this division that's a distinct disadvantage when down here. Argyle have to stand out and shout.
In this division every young aspiring player worth their salt should want to sign for clubs like Portsmouth or Argyle. That they're not speaks volumes. I'd love to know why the large comparative attendances of both clubs are not translating into any sort of success. I think we know deep down. Average is what has been aimed for down here, and average is what will be achieved, "just in time". I've ploughed through too many eras at Argyle when mediocre was on the menu, at whatever level it was.

The meh factor for POTDers has always been there, but I would suggest it is the likliehood of an entertaining game and good atmosphere that sways the day far more than the weather. The POTD people I'm talking about are former regulars, not tourists  sunny  There's thousands out there, but word gets round about the poor quality. Yesterday seems as if it was the first game fans were properly entertained for years. There will have to be a great deal more games like that to stir the stumps out of chairs. My own personal reasons for not attending are different, and probably in a minority. I cannot support Brent's idea of park development as it stands, nor his regime's culture.

cheers  Quality, never let the facts get in the way of a strongly held opinion.
Back to top Go down

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 11:14 am

Jack, when all else is equal or half irrelevant, it's strongly held belief and opinion that wins the game  santa
As to "facts", my experience is that facts change from one year to the next, depending on which way the wind is blowing. Just study the political climate records if you don't believe me. In all my time on this planet I have only ever come across two incontrovertible facts that hold any water of consequence. flower
Back to top Go down

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 11:24 am

The reasons that I don't attend very much these days is because a) money is tight and I would rather spend weeks abroad in the sun than spend on a season ticket as I have done for years. b) I find it hard to support the antics of a Tory land grabber masquerading as a keen football club owner.
As a result I attend very few games, only two this year, but I try and separate my love of Argyle and my hatred of James Brent. I refuse for the latter to take away from the resulting joy of a win for Argyle.
Back to top Go down

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 11:45 am

Winter Green wrote:
Jack, when all else is equal or half irrelevant, it's strongly held belief and opinion that wins the game  santa
As to "facts", my experience is that facts change from one year to the next, depending on which way the wind is blowing. Just study the political climate records if you don't believe me. In all my time on this planet I have only ever come across two incontrovertible facts that hold any water of consequence. flower

Winter, please don't try to muddy the waters with political claptrap, i'm refering to your refusal to accept that the weather had anything to do with YESTERDAYS crowd figures.

As i've already said on the original thread where this was being discussed, my dad and two of his pals didn't go because of the weather, fact.

POI wrote, I looked out of the window at 13:00. I was going to the match with wifey but it was absolutely hammering it down so I had a decision to make. Snugged up on the sofa watching a film, eating xmas munchies with copious amounts of Jack Daniels Honey and Stella Artois, or go to the match. Feck the match.

Czarcasm wrote, I know a fair few that would have POTD had the weather not been so atrocious.

Charlie Wood wrote, I confirmed myself as a fair weather fan yesterday, no way I was making a "pilgrimage" in that weather!!

Do you still deny that the weather put people off attending yesterdays game ?  
Back to top Go down

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 11:56 am

If you're asking me to believe that 2/3 and more of the 3000 drop over 2 years was due to the weather ? then no, Jack, I don't. On a wet November Tuesday evening ? anything is possible.
Two or three hundred will surely have been put off, but it doesn't explain the alarming drop of 3000.

Holiday attendees are far more fixed in their arrangements than for the humdrum throughout the season, it's the nature of holiday arrangements. Sorry for disagreeing. I know four friends and former weekly regular POTDers, who came down specifically for the NYD game, I got drunk with them NYEve. The weather didn't stop them. There, that should even up the anecdotes. Maybe your friends were telling you porkies and didn't really intend going anyway. Handy excuse for anything, the weather. fishing
Football fans are often humoured by their friends and family with little intention in going.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 pm

I don't know about one year on but a few months on we definitely seem to have a happier more animated manager. I know its dangerous to try to read the runes of body language but their is defintely something different in the demeanour of John Sheridan. Perhaps the (presidents) purse strings have been relaxed or he's more settled in the West Country (with a working pattern thats suits) or just the winnig streak has bouyed him or maybe the cheerleaders are just working their magic.

Whatever it is there has been an about turn.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 3:03 pm

Winter Green wrote:

In this division every young aspiring player worth their salt should want to sign for clubs like Portsmouth or Argyle.

I'd love to know why the large comparative attendances of both clubs

Duh hello!

Pompey average 15,397 while you just about manage 7k, way less than half, the mighty ECFC get over four, more than half your figure, I wouldn't dream of suggesting we were in your league for attendances, please do not insult my intelligence by bracketing yourselves with a proper 'big club'. The only reason you will even be in front of the likes of Oxford, Southend, Chesterfield or the Gas is the numbers of knuckledraggers crawling out from under their rocks or off their piss soaked Swilly sofas for your cup final. Wimbledon is a bigger club than Muff, they will average far more than you when they get their new ground.

"young aspiring players" are perfectly capable of looking at a map and working out where the back end of beyond begins, Exeter, the last proper airport, the last proper university and the end of the motorway network, basically the end of civilisation. Muff is a wasteland in terminal decline, the only way you will attract then retain "young aspiring players" is by paying them shedloads of cash.

Regarding the drop in attendance for the 'baby derby', didn't the Turks bring 2k plus last time, I guess you would have to accept that you Gargs have been shiite for so long that you are no longer a serious draw.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 3:37 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Winter Green wrote:

In this division every young aspiring player worth their salt should want to sign for clubs like Portsmouth or Argyle.

Duh hello!

Pompey average 15,397 while you just about manage 7k, way less than half, the mighty ECFC get over four, more than half your figure, I wouldn't dream of suggesting we were in your league for attendances, please do not insult my intelligence by bracketing yourselves with a proper 'big club'. The only reason you will even be in front of the likes of Oxford, Southend, Chesterfield or the Gas is the numbers of knuckledraggers crawling out from under their rocks or off their piss soaked Swilly sofas for your cup final. Wimbledon is a bigger club than Muff, they will average far more than you when they get their new ground.

"young aspiring players" are perfectly capable of looking at a map and working out where the back end of beyond begins, Exeter, the last proper airport, the last proper university and the end of the motorway network, basically the end of civilisation. Muff is a wasteland in terminal decline, the only way you will attract then retain "young aspiring players" is by paying them shedloads of cash.

Regarding the drop in attendance for the 'baby derby', didn't the Turks bring 2k plus last time, I guess you would have to accept that you Gargs have been shiite for so long that you are no longer a serious draw.

pathetic
Back to top Go down

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Winter Green wrote:

Duh hello!

Ah that's why Exeter have attracted all those fantastic players.... The university. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One year on Empty
PostSubject: Re: One year on   One year on Empty

Back to top Go down

One year on
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next