Freathy
Chemical Ali
Dougie
GreenSam
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

This Time Last Year Empty
PostSubject: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 6:07 pm

Remember all the happy clappies telling us carl was on the right lines it was all coming together we play like brazil the firemans great record, lowry the midfield general chadwick super striker and so on, now the same happy clappy gimps green sam x throbber the pilot all coming out with the same bullshit about the latest batch of donkeys we have signed for shite wages cause no one else wanted them! all these great signings did we have any competion from big clubs like wycombe or torquay for them? i doubt it, brent has giving shez a shite budget to work a miracle until the property developer goes this club will continue to be a bottom of the fourth division strugglers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 6:09 pm

I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now but I have a feeling you will 100% right, Suffered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 6:22 pm

GOB wrote:
I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now but I have a feeling you will 100% right, Suffered.
Thank you gob,i will be more than happy to be proved wrong but it looks like the same old same old.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 6:57 pm

I think we've got a poor budget but Sheridan is making the most of it. McCormick we all know well enough, Reid I've seen often enough to think he's a decent player for this level. Blizzard whether you like it or not did play fairly regularly in Yeovil's promotion season from League One and Allessandra despite your attempts to spread an untruth was offered a new contract by Morecambe. The idea that he was offered lower wages is something I have only seen on this site and I suspect it to be entirely fictitious.

Suffered, the thing with you is whatever the club or anyone associated with it do can't be positive for you and you will try and spin everything into the most negative imaginable take on it. The club have admittedly made that incredibly easy for you over the past year as there really hasn't been much propaganda needed to turn people against the club as they've done a fine job of it themselves. However, if you don't even begin to consider that SOMETHING the club might do COULD potentially be good then you reduce yourself to nothing more than just shouting 'this is bad this is bad this is bad!' without being able to objectively look at each decision.

Can you honestly say hand on heart that this Summer's business is as bad as last year? Two players let go by the fourth best side in League One who played a fair bit at that level, one of the best keepers in the league and a player who Morecambe did want to keep and generally seems pretty highly rated at this level. Can the same be said about last years Blue Square South level signings? Or the other signings? They consisted of a player let go by Burton and a player let go by Chesterfield (both in our league) and an entirely untested loanee in Gorman. If we sign Banton and Parsons, then they will again indicate a higher class of signings under a better manager who knows how to better utilise players.

As Argyle fans, we're so used to seeing utterly useless squads being formed that we can't recognise a half-decent (not amazing I admit) squad when we do see one. I do agree however, and I'm sure you won't argue with me here on two things. One is that we need at least one more winger and probably one more striker even after Parsons and Banton sign. The second is that we'll be restricted and held back by the shit budget that Sheridan has to work with.

Fwiw, I think we'll come mid table. If Sheridan had a half-decent budget, then we'd be even higher but sadly we probably don't. I'd be amazed if we came bottom 6 again though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 7:43 pm

Sam thats a fair response, yes i am negative about the whole structure of the club and those that hang around it, this summers signings may well be slightly better than last years dross but we are miles away from even the top half in my veiw, our best player has gone the loans have gone and the new coaching staff dont thrill me, i stand by what i said i think we will struggle near the bottom for another season of brent inspired crapness.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 8:43 pm

At least Sheridans little black book seems more extensive than Fletchers. It's still nightmarish thinking about Griffiths signing and being seen as the great white striking hope. Of course if we are a year further away from admin and just because of that, and footballers goldfish memory, are a more 'attractive' prospect. I start off the season with some amount of optimism and it really can't be worse than last season can it. And I'd still love to see Banton back.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 8:49 pm

If we do get Parsons, Banton and a new striker who isn't Feeney then I think we'll come top half. I agree top half in League Two still isn't enough for Plymouth Argyle but I just can't see us coming anywhere near the bottom 6 again. I know people said the same thing last year but it has to stop sometime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 8:50 pm

Seriously, what is this "crap budget" that Sheridan has been given which is far less than all of the other Managers in this league? Does anyone actually know what it is and how it compares? Or, is it as I suspect a complete and utter guess spun to make it sound as if it's true and like a load of other internet myths, if you say it often enough it becomes a fact.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 9:01 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Seriously, what is this "crap budget" that Sheridan has been given which is far less than all of the other Managers in this league?     Does anyone actually know what it is and how it compares?    Or, is it as I suspect a complete and utter guess spun to make it sound as if it's true and like a load of other internet myths, if you say it often enough it becomes a fact.

Brent has stated he wont be funding the team compared to last year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 9:04 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
GOB wrote:
Thank you gob,i will be more than happy to be proved wrong but it looks like the same old same old.

No you won't as you love nothing better than sneering at people from behind a keyboard and don't like being called out for being what you are - a person with anger issues who lashes out to gain attention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 9:14 pm

hairy j wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
GOB wrote:

No you won't as you love nothing better than sneering at people from behind a keyboard and don't like being called out for being what you are - a person with anger issues who lashes out to gain attention.
As opposed to a sad cnut who posts cack images to gain attention, awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 9:34 pm

No! You are!

Thumbs nose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Yes I know what Brent has state Angry but that doesn't actually answer the question does it. Repeat then.....how much is the budget and does anyone know? How much less than every other Manager in this league does it come to?

There seem to be plenty of people quoting the budget compared to others so somebody must know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:27 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Yes I know what Brent has state Angry but that doesn't actually answer the question does it.    Repeat then.....how much is the budget and does anyone know?    How much less than every other Manager in this league does it come to?

There seem to be plenty of people quoting the budget compared to others so somebody must know.

Damon will probably answer you in the specific way that you want however you dont need to be an accountant to know that if James isnt putting the same amount of money he put into the transfer fund last season naturally it isnt going to be as high this season. As for other teams? no one will ever knwo that without looking at the other 23 clubs books. you ask for too much
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:26 pm

And as usual you miss the point entirely Angry. I KNOW we won't know. I know we won't know our own. However, people post as if they do and the internet fact becomes a real fact when it isn't. If you want to rubbish all things Argyle then just put it out there that Brent has slashed the budget to zero and everyone else has got trillions. Ergo we are shit and bound to get relegated out of the football league. These things simply are not true at all are they. We might get relegated and we may have less money than last year but how it compares to everyone else's is just conjecture and there are 23 other clubs who might get relegated instead of us. The only thing we know is the budget will be less. We don't even know by how much and even what the starting point for the reduction was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:32 pm

So...Angry... your just guessing that our budget is going to be dreadful because it just suits you to say so.

I thought our budget was a percentage of our turnover (55% max isn't it ?), nothing to do with James Brent putting in a fat wad of his own money.

More through the gate means more budget as a percentage of turnover....but of course it's got to be that nasty Mr Brents fault because that suits the Brent out brigade.

Oh for fans that find everything is wrong with Argyle.....why don't you move up the road and support Exeter or Torquay or how about Bellingham Sinfonia Recreation.....then you'll find out how bad budgets can get.

I'm not a Brent lover or hater, I just try to be balanced in my understanding of what's going on without trying to put the blame on whoever you decide to hate today.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:42 pm

I think the budget will be average to poor for a few reasons:

A) £200k per annum for footballing creditors
B) That doesn't include other creditors of historic debt
C) Brent payed a lot of money last year because he'd overcalled on the projected income streams, he won't want to do so again, we owe him the money he paid last year and thus he'll want to cut the budget. He'll make a much more conservative guess this time and plan accordingly.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the budget will be tiny or anything. Of course it'll outstrip the likes of AFC Wimbledon, Newport, Accrington and Dagenham. Possibly even Torquay and Exeter too. But I don't think it'll be any better than a mid-table one at best. Maybe I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:55 pm

Sam - I think the lower wage offered to Alexandra was first suggested by Rob_GT4 on pasoti rumours (who seemed to have correct info)- this is in response to your first para in your post at 1857-

"Ok.

So, i'm going to post carefully here, I don't want to be told i'm one of these 'I know something you don't and i'm going to play games' type posters, at the same time, I don't want to go blurting his name around and potentially scuppering a deal, because I can imagine some Argyle fans going and 'twitterbombing' him messages (you like that one x-isle) asking him to come here and join the good ship mayflower (cringe) etc etc.

What I will say, is that he is a striker, his contract renewal is only 50% of what he was getting before and Bury have offered him 75% over 18 months as I said before and we've topped that, the guy knows him personally and he sounds like a decent lad. When I asked whether he's good he said 'he's worth it', so make of that what you will, I hear he's just rejuvinating his career with a new family life, and although he's currently living up North his missus is from this part of the world so a move may work out for his long term ambitions

By the way, what age does a player have to be before we avoid going to a tribunal?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:59 pm

ZYPH wrote:
So...Angry... your just guessing that our budget is going to be dreadful because it just suits you to say so.

I thought our budget was a percentage of our turnover (55% max  isn't it ?), nothing to do with James Brent putting in a fat wad of his own money.

More through the gate means more budget as a percentage of turnover....but of course it's got to be that nasty Mr Brents fault because that suits the Brent out brigade.

Oh for fans that find everything is wrong with Argyle.....why don't you move up the road and support Exeter or Torquay or how about Bellingham Sinfonia Recreation.....then you'll find out how bad budgets can get.

I'm not a Brent lover or hater, I just try to be balanced in my understanding of what's going on without trying to put the blame on whoever you decide to hate today.

i said the budget wont be as high as last years as brent has said himself that would be the case.

end of discussion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:22 am

"Brent has given Shez a shite budget to work a miracle"

That's the point Angry. Has he? How do we know and what is a shite budget in this league anyway. The truth is nearer that the budget is less than last season (we knew that was coming anyway and isn't a secret) and that is the extent of the knowledge. We don't know how it compares with others and probaly never will. I think GreenSam has it about right in that it is poor in comparison to last season but not the worst by a long way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:31 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
"Brent has given Shez a shite budget to work a miracle"

That's the point Angry.    Has he?     How do we know and what is a shite budget in this league anyway.     The truth is nearer that the budget is less than last season (we knew that was coming anyway and isn't a secret) and that is the extent of the knowledge.    We don't know how it compares with others and probaly never will.    I think GreenSam has it about right in that it is poor in comparison to last season but not the worst by a long way.

did i say that or are you telling me thats what i wrote?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:34 am

For feck sake Angry you should switch off your computer a bit more. Read the first post on this thread for christ sake. That's what I responded to originally and you joined in.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:41 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Sam - I think the lower wage offered to Alexandra was first suggested by Rob_GT4 on pasoti rumours (who seemed to have correct info)- this is in response to your first para in your post at 1857-

"Ok.

So, i'm going to post carefully here, I don't want to be told i'm one of these 'I know something you don't and i'm going to play games' type posters, at the same time, I don't want to go blurting his name around and potentially scuppering a deal, because I can imagine some Argyle fans going and 'twitterbombing' him messages (you like that one x-isle) asking him to come here and join the good ship mayflower (cringe) etc etc.

What I will say, is that he is a striker, his contract renewal is only 50% of what he was getting before and Bury have offered him 75% over 18 months as I said before and we've topped that, the guy knows him personally and he sounds like a decent lad. When I asked whether he's good he said 'he's worth it', so make of that what you will, I hear he's just rejuvinating his career with a new family life, and although he's currently living up North his missus is from this part of the world so a move may work out for his long term ambitions

By the way, what age does a player have to be before we avoid going to a tribunal?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I see.

Thanks for pointing that out mate, as I was mystified as to where it had emerged from. In that case, apologies to SS68 on that particular note. I suppose the slightly more positive way that could be looked at is that we can outspend two teams right there at least but then again it does also beg the question as to why Morecambe offered him a wage cut in the first place. I guess the proof will be in the pudding with that one then.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 7:01 am

The last thing the banker wants is horrible football fans getting in the way of his hotel guests, cinema goers and skaters. Ensuring Argyle remain uber shite is all part of the plan.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 7:49 am

What a tediously bizarre thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Time Last Year   This Time Last Year Empty

Back to top Go down

This Time Last Year
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next