Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fan of the Year Competition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Fan of the Year Competition Empty
PostSubject: Fan of the Year Competition   Fan of the Year Competition EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:34 pm

Firstly I know that some people think that singling out one person who did a lot or something for the cause during our dark times was a bit controversial so this is not an attempt to rake this us again as to it's rights or wrongs.

I see there is a thread on PASOTI from Mr President that the one who was nominated to represent Argyle in this years competition has made it through to the finals which are to be judged shortly. This is Sue Pollard who I think is an admirable lady who did a lot of volunteering and graft behind the scenes and with collections etc. It doesn't matter if anyone on here thinks she should or should not have been nominated originally, the facts are she was and has made it to the final judgement stage.

What concerns me a little is once again is a thread has been put on PASOTI asking people to put their comments to presumably forward to the panel. However, there is no sign of any such thread on here, not606 or even a mention of this that I could find on the official Argyle website. Unless I've missed it of course. Again, a large section of the fanbase has been left out in the cold when being addressed for support by Mr President. It may be that nobody wants to comment or support the nomination but that isn't really the point. Once more Mr President is being selective who he represents as Mr President and in my view this should have been given the widest possible publicity and an opportunity extended to everyone to give support to it if they wished. In this particular instance it should not be a favourites thing it should be posted everywhere and any politics put to one side.

I have said numerous times before that I question Mr President's ability to represent ALL supporters and this is yet another example of it being sadly lacking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan of the Year Competition   Fan of the Year Competition EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:44 pm

It is a shame Sensible. Don't think anyone on here would begrudge her winning after all the money she raised and effort she put in. But as you point out, we weren't invited to the party and although there was a thread about this a while back, it's been mostly kept in house. Good on her if she wins. I wonder if there's a Club President of the year award?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan of the Year Competition   Fan of the Year Competition EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:32 pm

Quite right Jock, we may be questioning the reasoning behind what some have been doing, but I think we would all say that the effort by some has been outstanding and even though she gives us the occasional undeserved kicking, I hope she does well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan of the Year Competition   Fan of the Year Competition EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:44 pm

Good luck to Sue Pollard I hope she wins, if Mr president the fans representative had seen fit to post on here i would have voted for her. some other time eh?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Fan of the Year Competition   Fan of the Year Competition EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:44 pm

Where do we vote? I'm not one for penning a gushing post about how I love her for saving the club, but I'll review the candidates shortlisted, and, if I feel she is the most deserving I'd vote for her, simple.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Fan of the Year Competition   Fan of the Year Competition EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:51 pm

This thread isn't about Sue Pollard or her merits it is about exclusion of a large chunk of the fanbase once again. I don't think you get to vote for anyone the thread on PASOTI is simply asking for people to note their support with a flattering comment or two about he and her worth to presumably forward to the judging panel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan of the Year Competition   Fan of the Year Competition EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:55 pm

Does Mr President even acknowledge Not606 Sensible? He must know it exists and I can't see what anyone on there would have done to offend him. I know it's not a massive fan forum but he's the Club President for all Argyle fans and not just Pasoti.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan of the Year Competition   Fan of the Year Competition EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:55 pm

Precisely Sensible!

We're well aware of that, even so we wish her all the best.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan of the Year Competition   Fan of the Year Competition EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:56 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Does Mr President even acknowledge Not606 Sensible? He must know it exists and I can't see what anyone on there would have done to offend him. I know it's not a massive fan forum but he's the Club President for all Argyle fans and not just Pasoti.

Is he?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan of the Year Competition   Fan of the Year Competition EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:02 pm

As President he should make a point of knowing all sites big or small and treat them all the same if he is to represent everyone which has been my complaint about him all along. I don't expect him to print leaflets every 5 minutes on every topic but if he uses the internet then it isn't hard to spread the word as wide as it allows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan of the Year Competition   Fan of the Year Competition EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:06 pm

He obviously has enough disciples.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Fan of the Year Competition   Fan of the Year Competition EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Sue P. seems to be the most deserving of all those in the fight to save the club. Always willing to bucket collect/ sponsored bed making/ give out flyers etc without the need for self-promotion. Never seen the slightest "what did you do in the war" type comment from her. I hope she wins it.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Fan of the Year Competition   Fan of the Year Competition EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:37 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
As President he should make a point of knowing all sites big or small and treat them all the same if he is to represent everyone which has been my complaint about him all along. I don't expect him to print leaflets every 5 minutes on every topic but if he uses the internet then it isn't hard to spread the word as wide as it allows.

Sensible...

I am not sure if you are aware... But El Prez had flounced twice from this site, although the second time I don't think he asked for his account to be deleted, but he hasn't posted since.

As for treating sites the same...

He flounced from ATD the morning after he was made President. It was literally his first act as President!!!
His exclusion of ATD is deliberate. I am sure if you look through his posts he will give you some clue as to the reason why.

Personally, I think he's a whiner who can't handle the tough questions. He was protected on Pasoti.

He couldn't cut the mustard on ATD.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan of the Year Competition   Fan of the Year Competition EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:47 am

The Supreme Leader did mention supporting Sue in one of his Progress Reports on the baggo.

FWIW I can't think of a more deserving winner of this award than Sue. She's worked tirelessly to raise money for the staff during the Administration process, and not once has she used that hard work as a vehicle for self promotion. I voted for her, I hope others did too.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Fan of the Year Competition   Fan of the Year Competition EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:18 am

I'm just sick of brent, webby and pasoti running the show. I'm sick of them because they're keeping Argyle crap. But one day brent, webb and the pasoti superfans will be history and this grim dark age will be over. This day cannot come quickly enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan of the Year Competition   Fan of the Year Competition Empty

Back to top Go down

Fan of the Year Competition
Page 1 of 1