Greenskin
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Mock Cuncher
Lord Tisdale
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Welling Match Thread..... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:37 am

Is the away allocation 15% of capacity in the next round? Although I've said Spurs away, one of the easiest on train for me is Watford, so let's have it!!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:37 pm

Here is my take on the game..

Argyle were ok in the first half,but bloody terrible in the second half.

I thought AG played well,although you could hear groans from the sparse crowd when he got a tad stuck.

Goals were well taken,and at 3-0 up,i thought Argyle would go on to bag 5 or 6..

Welling to their credit played well in the second half [as Argyle switched off big time],got a goal to cheer up those Welling supporters who made it down.

Looked like a bad  injury to JC,some time to get him off the pitch and replaced by LM [to which the Welling fans chanted ''bring on the killer'' and ''scum'' at him].

Crap atmosphere i thought,but then the attendance was crap too.

So Argyle reach the third round of the FA Cup - yipee. Bring on either Man United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool or Spurs away [just for a decent payout and dayout],but it will probably be a damp squid round three.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:41 pm

It does look as though yesterday's crowd was small in comparison to other similar games in our history. We have twice played non-league teams at Home Park in the 2nd round on 7th December and both games had far bigger crowds.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(with obvious thanks to greensonscreen.co.uk)

Remember when we used to be able to beat Dorchester?

And look at that Ipswich attendance!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:43 pm

it was welling it was hardly going to attract the masses to home park to watch the game was it!!!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:51 pm

Here is a Welling United perspective on the game..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 2:15 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
It does look as though yesterday's crowd was small in comparison to other similar games in our history. We have twice played non-league teams at Home Park in the 2nd round on 7th December and both games had far bigger crowds.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(with obvious thanks to greensonscreen.co.uk)

Remember when we used to be able to beat Dorchester?

And look at that Ipswich attendance!
It isn't just confined to Argyle though.If you look at yesterdays gates,without exception they were lower than the ones that clubs get for league matches.Whether other clubs pull the "count all season ticket holders" stunt at league matches i don't know but there has been an unquestionable decline in interest in the FA cup for many years now.I remember going to Wolves,with a great history in the competition, to see Argyle in the FA cup a few years back-there were 11000 there in comparison to 27000 in the league fixture a few weeks earlier.Sad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 12:33 pm

Even though the attendance was lower against Lincoln, the atmosphere was better.

We were good in the first half, crap in the second, Welling were ok, but the better side won the match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welling Match Thread.....
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3