Greenskin
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Mock Cuncher
Lord Tisdale
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Who do you want in the next round? Easy team like this so through to next round or a big team now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 5:09 pm

The annoying thing is that if we draw a big team Brent gets the pay out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 5:17 pm

Iggy wrote:
Who do you want in the next round? Easy team like this so through to next round or a big team now?

Another easy team will do for me.................like Man U Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 5:21 pm

Any away tie at a london premiership club. Other than Palace.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 5:22 pm

GOB wrote:
I'm pretty sure he's promised any cup run money or a percentage thereof to Sherry to strengthen the team. Jimmy wouldn't go back on his word would he ?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
GOB wrote:
I'm pretty sure he's promised any cup run money or a percentage thereof to Sherry to strengthen the team. Jimmy wouldn't go back on his word would he ?
If we get a big payday, I would expect some of the outstanding debt to be paid off early.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 5:29 pm

Me too Moisty, that wouldn't be a bad thing, it's the debt that's dragging us down and holding us back, the likelihood of raising about seven million though it's going to have to be one hell of a run.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 5:37 pm

Iggy wrote:
Me too Moisty, that wouldn't be a bad thing, it's the debt that's dragging us down and holding us back, the likelihood of raising about seven million though it's going to have to be one hell of a run.
It's the final payment that worries me. We need one of the top teams at home (full house plus on telly - for the ones that can't get a ticket because the ground isn't big enough). Then go to their place (on TV again - for all those who can't afford it etc).

1 million plus overall?

I guess we could make the seven million if we win the Cup! jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor 
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Blocks, I was hoping to nip over the water for the replay.
The best football match in De'm today would have been Chiefs vs Toulon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 6:04 pm

How much woz posh jim charging to see argo v welly ? wuz it the full whack? coz 4700 for a sat looks poor.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 6:14 pm

Argyle dodged a bullet very early on when their striker was clear on goal but was flagged for offside when the ball clearly came off an Argyle player-as far as i'm aware that should have been onside,unless anyone can tell me different.Three goal blitz in 8 minutes effectively settled the game,good finishes even if the defending was not of the highest standard.Welling seemed like rabbits in the headlights but gradually got back into the game in the 15 minutes or so to half time and 'twas really no surprise when they scored.They didn't create too many chances after that,Luke came on after Cole was injured-don't know if it was coincidence but i thought Argyle looked more secure after that,even though Cole did nothing wrong and made a very good save in the first half.Job done i suppose and certainly a big improvement on the disasters of the past two seasons in the FA cup with the prospect of an away tie at Barnsley or Doncaster yet to come.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 6:20 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
How much woz posh jim charging to see argo v welly ? wuz it the full whack? coz 4700 for a sat looks poor.
£15 adults,£10 and £5 concessions.The FA cup isn't the draw that it once was,the trend now is for lower gates in the cup compared to the league,rather than the other way around as used to be the case.The competition has been wrecked by the attitude of Ferguson,Wenger and all the other self serving tossers who devalued a truly great cup in subservience to the Premier and Champions league.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 6:26 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Argyle dodged a bullet very early on when their striker was clear on goal but was flagged for offside when the ball clearly came off an Argyle player-as far as i'm aware that should have been onside,unless anyone can tell me different.Three goal blitz in 8 minutes effectively settled the game,good finishes even if the defending was not of the highest standard.Welling seemed like rabbits in the headlights but gradually got back into the game in the 15 minutes or so to half time and 'twas really no surprise when they scored.They didn't create too many chances after that,Luke came on after Cole was injured-don't know if it was coincidence but i thought Argyle looked more secure after that,even though Cole did nothing wrong and made a very good save in the first half.Job done i suppose and certainly a big improvement on the disasters of the past two seasons in the FA cup with the prospect of an away tie at Barnsley or Doncaster yet to come.
It's when the ball is initially played nowadays.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
£15 adults,£10 and £5 concessions.The FA cup isn't the draw that it once was,the trend now is for lower gates in the cup compared to the league,rather than the other way around as used to be the case.The competition has been wrecked by the attitude of Ferguson,Wenger and all the other self serving tossers who devalued a truly great cup in subservience to the Premier and Champions league.

Until we draw a bigboy, then there'll be thousands of jocolor  blowing up their inflatable bananas and typing Home Park into their satnavs.
Geddon janner, grrreeeeeenn aaarrrrrrmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 6:47 pm

i truly hope we draw a big premiership team at home in the next round it would make this cup run worthwhile and pay for a new nandos cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 6:53 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Thanks Greenskin, i agree about ferguson wenger and co, the cup is devalued these days.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 6:53 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

It's the final payment that worries me. We need one of the top teams at home (full house plus on telly - for the ones that can't get a ticket because the ground isn't big enough). Then go to their place (on TV again - for all those who can't afford it etc).

1 million plus overall?

I guess we could make the seven million if we win the Cup! jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor 
Doesn't any telly money go to the Mastpoint spivs as part of the creditors agreement ?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 7:34 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Thanks Greenskin, i agree about ferguson wenger and co, the cup is devalued these days.
I'm not so sure that the crowd was poor.

When did we last play a non-league team at home in the 2nd round and how many went then?

I've no idea but 4700 for this match doesn't seem bad to me. Not great either. Just meh.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Vaguely remember a gate of 8-9k against Dagnum when they were non-league...?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 9:22 pm

I vaguely remember a lot of FA cup games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:15 pm

It was bloooomin' dull.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:45 pm

The one thing that shocked me today was the ABSOLUTE REALITY, that Argyles league match attendance figures are an ABSOLUTE FARCE.

Looking around visually today, that attendance was every bit as high and the 6000+ attendance last week.

4,700 there today, as opposed to over 6,000 last week? Utter utter bolllocks.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:56 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
The one thing that shocked me today was the ABSOLUTE REALITY, that Argyles league match attendance figures are an ABSOLUTE FARCE.

Looking around visually today, that attendance was every bit as high and the 6000+ attendance last week.

Must admit i couldn't see much difference.Would that be anything to do with season ticket holders being counted in the league gates?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:23 am

Anyone other than hopleless non-league shit at home and we're f***ed....
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:40 am

Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Must admit i couldn't see much difference.Would that be anything to do with season ticket holders being counted in the league gates?
I guess that would be the only feasible explanation. That would then show though, that in real terms there are many hundreds of season-ticket holders who don't physically turn up to league games. Bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welling Match Thread.....   Welling Match Thread..... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welling Match Thread.....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next