Tringreen
Czarcasm
Dane
Rickler
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Let them drink in the pub... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Angry wrote:
Elias wrote:
what name would the pub have ? brents altar ?
hypocrisy arms
The Quivering Lip
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 9:32 pm

The Banker's Arms.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 10:24 pm

Calstock pub innit?
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 11:18 pm

Martyn Starnes said on Saturday that the profits from a "supporters bar" would go to the club. He also confirmed that the "supporters bar" would not be run by someone like Wetherspoons.

So that would seem to count out a brewery chain running a "supporters bar / sports bar" outside. Unless of course it was in direct competition with Argyle's own "supporters bar"!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:07 am

The Drink-Throwing Arms
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:26 am

Richard Blight wrote:
Martyn Starnes said on Saturday that the profits from a "supporters bar" would go to the club. He also confirmed that the "supporters bar" would not be run by someone like Wetherspoons.

So that would seem to count out a brewery chain running a "supporters bar / sports bar" outside. Unless of course it was in direct competition with Argyle's own "supporters bar"!
It's one of the old porta cabins isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:44 am

I wonder how much profit there will be after jimmy has taken his cut ?

As I've pointed out before, it is very difficult to create an area which can be used for multi purpose events successfully. A general bar does not transform into a decent function room and vice versa. It has to be one or the other. A supporters' bar would need to be used like a pub on a daily basis. Can anyone realistically see that happening down the draughty alleyway, at a crippled club bereft of transparency and style, and with brown shirts lurking in the background searching for dissidents ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 12:11 pm

Tringreen wrote:

As I've pointed out before, it is very difficult to create an area which can be used for multi purpose events successfully. A general bar does not transform into a decent function room and vice versa. It has to be one or the other. A supporters' bar would need to be used like a pub on a daily basis. Can anyone realistically see that happening down the draughty alleyway, at a crippled club bereft of transparency and style, and with brown shirts lurking in the background searching for dissidents ?
No and I think that this is the problem with the development and explains the latest delays. Who in their right mind would invest heavily in an area that outside of most weekends won't be darkened by a customers shadow? I dont believe that the supporters bar is JB suddenly deciding to listen to the fans, he has an alternative profit based motive, this whole project stinks and I hope it's doomed to failure.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 12:33 pm

Iggy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

No and I think that this is the problem with the development and explains the latest delays. Who in their right mind would invest heavily in an area that outside of most weekends won't be darkened by a customers shadow? I dont believe that the supporters bar is JB suddenly deciding to listen to the fans, he has an alternative profit based motive, this whole project stinks and I hope it's doomed to failure.
Then there will be the drinking/driving aspect and paying to park. Mind you, the numbers using it during the week, would fit into a taxi anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let them drink in the pub...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2