Dane
Rickler
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Let them drink in the pub... Empty
PostSubject: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Let them drink in the pub...

The mental midget speaks:

"If the club can sell 180 tickets at (let's say £1000) to businessmen who want to entertain properly at PAFC, and just outside there's a pub chain willing to stump up good rental for Sport's Bar, that sounds good to me...

...look after the Prawn Sandwich Brigade, charge them loads for the priviledge and then jam the drinkers into a heaving pub, is what I'd do, that's for sure."

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=80735&start=15
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 11:23 pm

JJ, despite what the idiots say, I would never put my personal feelings over what I want for my club.

hahahahahaha pull the over one ian

oh this would thought of the day if i had the tools lol genuine laughter from me.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 11:28 pm

Maybe ian will sell his parrot in this pub ?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 8:03 am

I just love how GC can make Newell contradict himself and do a proper U-turn on what he thought he saw in the plans merely by asking "Are you sure, Ian?" Very Happy 

Cringey and slightly embarrassing too (for Graham) that Newell tries to paint himself and GC as bff's. If anyone, and I mean ANYONE else had posed that same question to Newell, he would have given a far different response.

He is desperate not to be seen to have any disagreement with GC because he knows how out of his depth he'd be in the debate stakes.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 8:47 am

Czarcasm wrote:
I just love how GC can make Newell contradict himself and do a proper U-turn on what he thought he saw in the plans merely by asking "Are you sure, Ian?" Very Happy 

Cringey and slightly embarrassing too (for Graham) that Newell tries to paint himself and GC as bff's. If anyone, and I mean ANYONE else had posed that same question to Newell, he would have given a far different response.

He is desperate not to be seen to have any disagreement with GC because he knows how out of his depth he'd be in the debate stakes.
Ha ha ha ! ' Argyle is our religion. Home Park is our church'. Such a great guy !

ps Note to self...don't cross GC, he'll rip me a new one and his ire would spell the end of any credibility I have left pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 9:29 am

Angry wrote:
JJ, despite what the idiots say, I would never put my personal feelings over what I want for my club.

hahahahahaha pull the over one ian

oh this would thought of the day if i had the tools lol genuine laughter from me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 9:33 am

The problem with providing anything for plebs in the grandstand would drive customers away the 'restaurants' that will be in the back alley who are paying for the stand. I'm starting to think he might be planning on a dumping a wetherspoons or brewers fayre down there. Then we'd really see Brent for What he is if we didn't before
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 9:39 am

I think that everyone now sees Brenty for what he is and even Porky is trying to play two fiddles and failing miserably. The problem is that everyone has seen it too late, you can thank Brenty's best mate for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 9:42 am

Czarcasm wrote:

Spot on. Very Happy 

Funny how he blames getting close to 60 for not remembering and then can conveniently reference everyone's first names and history of posts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 9:43 am

Both of which would count as 'restaurants' and Nools pub.

I think I've had an eureka moment!!Suspect 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:06 am

Bet the "pub" will be a bundle of laughs when we get an end of season 6 pointer against say Pompey, full house a lot riding on the game and several thousand pissed up angry football fans jammed in the alleyway, some trying to get into the Ministand the others trying to get to their seats in the away end or the Lyndy, utter carnage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:22 am

My guess is that on days when we play clubs such as Pompey the police would insist that any pub is shut. That's not good business for a potential licencee and should we ever reach those dizzy heights of L1 football again, there will be quite a few matches like that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 12:42 pm

The other point he seems to miss is that if a 'pub chain stumps up a decent rent for a sports bar it won't benefit the club one bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 5:14 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

I miss Gareth being the Trust spokesperson on Pasoti.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 7:48 pm

The only way a "large sports pub" will be even remotely successful is if a student population was built right next door to it. Thankfully there are no hotel-sized buildings which will inevitably be converted to student accommodation in the Higher Home Park plans...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 7:51 pm

We've been soldout by our 'own?' fans - corrupt to the friggin core!! I doubt this club will ever again relate to me and I truely hope there are many thousands like me!!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:19 am

surely the pub would only get any non football custom from the hotel ?
the cinema wouldnt provide much as you're most likely to have driven there to start with !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:20 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

"Me and Graham spoke yesterday for hours, and he said to me (insert something irrelevant)."

You can tell from Graham's posts he finds IJN as obnoxious as most of the posters on here find him.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:21 pm

what name would the pub have ? brents altar ?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:29 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
We've been soldout by our 'own?' fans - corrupt to the friggin core!! I doubt this club will ever again relate to me and I truely hope there are many thousands like me!!
There certainly are Bandy. I no longer have any desire to set foot inside Home Park and I know several people, ex season ticket holders and those who picked and chose their games, who will never go again.

The club has been taken from us by a property developer aided and abetted by some of the most insidious and nasty individuals, who have the cheek to call themselves supporters. They mean absolutely nothing to me.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:57 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
There certainly are Bandy. I no longer have any desire to set foot inside Home Park and I know several people, ex season ticket holders and those who picked and chose their games, who will never go again.

The club has been taken from us by a property developer aided and abetted by some of the most insidious and nasty individuals, who have the cheek to call themselves supporters. They mean absolutely nothing to me.
It's all very sad and more than a tad nauseating. After 50 plus years of having Argyle in the blood and believing that one day the club would realise its potential, not only is the dream now almost certainly dead but the controlling, deceitful activities now commonplace, will have alienated any decent, thinking people.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 7:00 pm

Elias wrote:
hypocrisy arms
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 7:19 pm

Elias wrote:

The Pig's Head.

Let them drink in the pub... Pigs-head-001
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 7:41 pm

Let them drink in the pub... Napoleon-Cabbage-Leaf-Head--54259
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Incorporating the Iddesleigh Green snug, the 'Snoops' evening disco, the REAL friends' lounge and the El Presidente toilets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let them drink in the pub...   Let them drink in the pub... Empty

Back to top Go down

Let them drink in the pub...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next