argyle_till_i_die
Flat_Track_Bully
Freathy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:09 pm

Lot of fans are calling for Sheridan to be sacked.

Guys sacking Sheridan will make NO difference to how the team performs UNLESS Brent starts investing in the transfer kitty so a manager can build a winning squad.

If an experienced manager such as John Sheridan who has had success in this league and above with Chesterfield and Oldham can only produce marginally better results than Carl Fletcher a rookie manager with no experienced in coaching let alone management that should tell you all you need to know about Brent's interest in the football side of the club. You cant make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

You have to go to the root of the problem instead of ignoring it as it will continue on until its far too late. So how many more managers have to struggle in this job before one of the sheep becomes a Wolf and makes it clear to Brent that the fans of this once proud club are worth alot more than this. A LOT MORE.

Last edited by Angry on Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:11 pm

Spot on.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:12 pm

I'd like to see a lot of pressure put on Brent at the next home game, mind you I would have started in his first game in charge, he is getting away too lightly but I think the tide is turning, the fans have had enough now.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:14 pm

Sheridan manages the worst collection of 'players' in L2 and probably the conference. It's all brent will 'fund'.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Brent isn't stupid he did well to keep Chris Webb and Ian Newell/pasoti on his side from day one as we all know it for a fact that NONE of his HHP plans would have had their backing unless they benefited the club first ie a decent Grandstand.

Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer is the motto here i guess.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Sheridan is a no trick pony, he failed, at a proper club he would be sacked.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:21 pm

You could bring in Sir Alex and even he would be sacked after a dozen matches. The problem we have is that we have a club geared up for part time football and a part time budget.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:28 pm

GOB wrote:
You could bring in Sir Alex and even he would be sacked after a dozen matches. The problem we have is that we have a club geared up for part time football and a part time budget.
You know what i think of brent, but sheridan recruited crap coaches to go with signing rubbish players, we will be down before the christmas decorations with this part time clown.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:38 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
GOB wrote:
You know what i think of brent, but sheridan recruited crap coaches to go with signing rubbish players, we will be down before the christmas decorations with this part time clown.
Yup I agree but from what I gather the reason for him doing so was because he didn't have a budget to get even half decent coaches/players.

Brent has talked a lot of deceitful crap since he's been here, you can add to that his budget shit as well.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:41 pm

i just wanted to say now as i've just seen two tweets mentioning these names

Warnock and Sturrock are no goers. Both are highly experienced football men and wouldnt tolerate brent for 6 weeks let alone 6 months.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Brent can't take all the blame for this, whatever are budget is, it isn't bad enough for us to be relegation fodder. Wasn't Alessandra poached from Morecambe because we offered him more money? Ditto Boco from Accy. Sheridan has brought in a lot of players who have experience of playing either in this league or higher, and he should be able to fashion them into at least a mid-table team. He's also brought in his own coaching team. He's got to take some of the blame for not using the budget he has wisely.

The worry is will Brent fund a sacking if things continue as they are? I don't like seeing managers sacked unless it's really necessary, but like Fletcher last season, if this carries on until Christmas then Sheridan will have to go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
argyle_till_i_die

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:51 pm

You also have to look at the attributes of the current playing squad and compare that to the previous league 2 squad (during sturrock's first tenure).

Blood
Guts
Sweat
Passion
Determination
Hard work

Are all things that team had in abundance, only a handful, if that, of the current team display those qualities and at this level that can make up a lot for the lack of skill, whereas at a higher level it's not so much the case.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:51 pm

There isn't a manager in the country that could make a silk purse out of the Sow's ear bunch of rejects that Brent's "competitive budget" has allowed Sheridan to assemble.
Its no different to a Formula One team using 10 year old Ford Focuses & wondering why they can't win.

FFS, when is everyone going to see the real problem is not the manager.

There was something mentioned somewhere the other week suggesting an insider had said that the budget was very small even compared to very low ranking conference teams.

Last edited by FY 310 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Any other club would be protesting by now but no not this feckin club.

No we have to bow down to his lordship sir Brent of feckin medicoredom because he saved is.

He didn't save us, he simply kept us on life support long enough for him to bleed the final bit of profit out of us.

Feck off Brent.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Brent can't take all the blame for this, whatever are budget is, it isn't bad enough for us to be relegation fodder. Wasn't Alessandra poached from Morecambe because we offered him more money? Ditto Boco from Accy. Sheridan has brought in a lot of players who have experience of playing either in this league or higher, and he should be able to fashion them into at least a mid-table team. He's also brought in his own coaching team. He's got to take some of the blame for not using the budget he has wisely.

The worry is will Brent fund a sacking if things continue as they are? I don't like seeing managers sacked unless it's really necessary, but like Fletcher last season, if this carries on until Christmas then Sheridan will have to go.
Morecambe offered Aleesandra a wage for a rotation player we offered one slightly higher than that but the promise of more first team football. We weren't exactly doing a Wilian from under the noses of Spurs.

Brent isnt fully to blame correct Sheridan has more than his share too as do the players. But unlike Sheridan and some of the players Brent seems to be protected and is "blameless" for everything and its very wrong to assume that none of what is going on via the pitch has got links back to Brent's lack of investment/interest in the team.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Some managers would have their players in on a sunday after yet another pathetic defeat against ten men this time, no doubt sherridan will be up in manchester tomorrow having a few days off before the next hard luck story against the might of newport county.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 6:14 pm

It's part budget and to be honest, who in their right frame of mind that is anything more than half decent, would want to come to a club with the reputation that we have at the moment? 

Sheridan is to blame, he's a fekin idiot for coming here.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Yea Man wrote:

He didn't save us, he simply kept us on life support long enough for him to bleed the final bit of profit out of us.

Feck off Brent.

I think this could well be the perfect banner/signature/site motto.

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 7:35 pm

Perhaps AFT or PASB (sic) could ask the question whether players have the incentive to do well, like bonus for scoring, assisting etc.

My guess is they're all on a basic contract.

No point singling out the manager if there's no incentive throughout the club.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:23 pm

Sheridan has to shoulder a lot of the blame if you ask me. If the budget is that low then he should've turned down the contract pre season and made it known why he didn't want the job on those terms.

Its just another season of deceit. There is no competitive budget and Sheridan should make that known instead of raising expectations and talking about promotion.

Brent obviously has to take his fair share because the football side of a feckin football club hasn't been the priority again, getting more blood out of the stone is priority number one and has been for three years.

And of course the players need to feckin stand up and be counted. We're abysmal but get handed a golden opportunity today playing against ten men for most of the game and we can't score one bloody goal.

That's what is killing us and might see us relegated again, not being able to score goals or even a goal,  which is the name of the game.

If Sheridan does feck off home and not drill the wankers for this then he's taking the piss.

In fact he ought to publish what wages each player earns and let the fans see what they are being rewarded for playing like feckin idiots week in week out.

We were battering them today but not one goal, and we conceded against ten men ffs!

Hartlepool have hit form but were there for the taking after the red card and we ballsed it up again.

Depression and defeat linger over us and any side playing us can smell it. We're like a punchdrunk boxer out on his feet with rounds to go. If pressed we have no answer.

Someone needs to rid the club of the stench of defeat and get rid of the players carrying that stench.

If Tyler Harvey doesn't play on Tuesday he may as well hang up his boots because we have the worst attacking players in this league, except bloody Accrington, and we couldn't beat them ffs!

Wholesale changes on Tuesday or feck off Sheridan.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:35 pm

As I see it, Sheridan was a chap out of work who got offered or negotiated a contract. As it happened a 3 year contract. The ins and outs we'll never know.

My only assessment at this stage leaves me believing the contract was more favourable to Sheridan and quite risky as far as the football club is/was concerned. Sheridan was wanted and Brent needed to curry favour at a time when property development was about to be decided.

Footballing ambition had no say.
Back to top Go down

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:02 pm

so hypothetical question guys and gals

who would/do you want to takeover here?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Angry wrote:
so hypothetical question guys and gals

who would/do you want to takeover here?
Somebody/anybody who has a clue and cares a little about a football club.

Get it right at the top and the rest will fall into place, not immediately but eventually.

If you really wanted me to stick my neck out, I reckon Dan MaCauley if he could leave his own ego behind and worked with fans who actually care (John Lloyd, Graham, JBE etc). Easier said than done I know but not impossible.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:22 pm

no good pinning hopes on harvey hes no good either !!!!

morgan took a pay cut, mccormick on small wages, boco & alessandra offered more to come here from BIG sides like accrington & morecambe (probably on 600quid a week at those clubs).

banton & bryan kept us up last season, they arent here anymore Sad 
Back to top Go down

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:42 pm

Iggy wrote:
I'd like to see a lot of pressure put on Brent at the next home game, mind you I would have started in his first game in charge, he is getting away too lightly but I think the tide is turning, the fans have had enough now.
The fans are blaming Sheridan not Brent. The same fans that thought that fletcher was exceptional probably
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sheridan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan   Sheridan Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheridan
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next