Greenskin
MannameadGreen
PatDunne
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 4:22 pm

Due to the team missing too many clear cut chances and the completely unacceptable away form.
Back to top Go down

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 6:22 pm

Oh dear.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 6:30 pm

What happens when the 60 % of the current 5 man midfield, the 3 on loan/borrowed/not ours is no longer ours...............wont be going up.
Back to top Go down
MannameadGreen

MannameadGreen

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 7:03 pm

When Kellett goes, we can replace him with the better Purrington.

When (if) O'Connor goes, we can replace him with the arguably better Cox.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 7:09 pm

the better Purrington wouldn't be the one that played today then? and the third one, Bobby, whats your magic plan there?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 7:09 pm

Agreed the away form is ordinary at best but the home form is pretty formidable and it would seem a bit strange to sack a manager who has reversed a six year trend of utter shit at Home Park. The main problem AFAIC is the lack of goals from areas of the pitch other than the strikers-OK, Reid missed a penalty today but strikers do miss chances and overall he and Lewis have done pretty well. I keep coming back to the loss of Hourihane myself-if you put the half dozen or so goals that he's already scored for Barnsley into Argyle's team, then there is no doubt in my mind that Argyle would be top of this division. Goalscoring [ or creating, especially via pin point set piece deliveries] midfielders don't grow on trees and it isn't hindsight on my part, i thought that his departure was a serious blow at the time and i'm fairly sure that it wasn't Sheridan's decision to let him go. Barking up the wrong tree with this post possibly.
Back to top Go down

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 7:20 pm

How do you expect Purrington to just come in and perform ? The fringe players get no game time . Its a major problem .
Back to top Go down

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 7:50 pm

We need to improve the away form, but we are in a god position to kick on in the league.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 7:50 pm

The point I am trying to make - take away the loaned midfield and Argyle are sunk because the fringe players are not good enough.
Back to top Go down

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 8:03 pm

What Greenskin said, the sale of Hourihane could very well cost us a promotion this year, not Sheridans fault fwiw I think Shez was pretty cool about it, he must have been gutted though.
Back to top Go down

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 8:05 pm

The fringe players can be good enough if we had reserve games for them to play in .
Back to top Go down

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 8:07 pm

Tbf who do we play the friendlies against? Do City and Torquay have squads big enough to play two sides, we struggle to field a decent bench nowadays let alone a reserve team as well.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 8:24 pm

Sheridan should be backed until the end of the season, if we don't get promoted talk of him losing his job will be fair enough, until then it's premature IMO.

IN SHERRY WE TRUST jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor santa
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 9:16 pm

If Argyle fail to get promoted this season, then the writing could be on the wall for Sheridan. The Board would more than likely say that after generous team funding (sic) , John Sheridan failed to meet their expectations and  it is with regret that John Sheridan has left Plymouth Argyle Football Club..

If Argyle do manage to get promoted, then the Board will probably state that due to generous team funding (sic) , John Sheridan has met the aims the club set out and we look forward to working with him in L1.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 9:37 pm

an inevitable result today im afraid.
Back to top Go down

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 10:44 pm

is this thread for real? we got beaten by team flying high in the above division did anyone really think we would win it?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 2:01 am

We sure aint no Blyth Spartans............... jocolor
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 8:30 am

Angry wrote:
is this thread for real? we got beaten by team flying high in the above division did anyone really think we would win it?

they arent that good ! i know a few blades who say they struggle as they haven't got decent strikers affraid no such wories against us it seems...................
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 am

We did struggle to keep the ball, neither team impressed me.

A win would have been good.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:20 am

For a big majority of my Argyle following life we've been good at home and crap away. In the recent past we've been crap at home and crap away. At the minute it seems we're merely returning to what was always the status quo.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:50 am

The bigger question rather than posting some reactive provocative post is IF Argyle get promoted is how will they stay in league 1 because yes it was the FA cup not the league. But for me it indicates the degree of difference in quality btween us being still in a reasonable position in league 2 and the average team in the higher league.
I have no faith whatsoever that the board with the reluctant one at the helm will fund the better quality players probably need to avoid a quick releagation or indeed if Sheridan can cut it against the bigger clubs.
Obviously this is all hypothetical clearly it would be great to get promoted and then worry about it! But consistency is the key at the moment and we are in some sort of blip with being able to score.
Back to top Go down

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 11:13 am

Elias wrote:
Angry wrote:

they arent that good ! i know a few blades who say they struggle as they haven't got decent strikers affraid  no such wories against us it seems...................

yet they are in the play offs in league one.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 4:53 pm

Sip some water Punchy, you can't seriously want Sheridan gone?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 6:08 pm

Sheridan will continue to be an ok manager, not brilliant not crap doing ok with the ninth best budget in the Fourth Division.The real problem is the non investing non developing clueless Brent, while the grateful bucket rattlers hold sway the club will always be crap. Liquidation and starting again looks to be the only alternative to the current nightmare imo.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 6:25 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Sheridan will continue to be an ok manager, not brilliant not crap doing ok with the ninth best budget in the Fourth Division.The real problem is the non investing non developing clueless Brent, while the grateful bucket rattlers hold sway the club will always be crap. Liquidation and starting again looks to be the only alternative to the current nightmare imo.

you cant do that (who else can we laugh at if you folded?) on a non banter front i believe you have flatlined (season before last) when you stayed up on goal difference (iirc) so as such its not the end of the world, ive always said large gates WILL at some point gain a club promotion, I remember beating Leeds, Sheff Wed, charlton and the like, thing is they were getting at least twice our gates and will always at some point go up, you have the odd yeovile that manage to do it on crap gates but not many

I dont think this is you're season though, next season might be if sherry drinker can sort out you're away form
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

sheridan out Empty
PostSubject: Re: sheridan out   sheridan out Empty

Back to top Go down

sheridan out
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next