Elias
Dane
Czarcasm
Argyle Fans' Trust
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:13 pm

I don't get how the answer is considered vague. "He is on a conventional L2 contract". Now if you believe that all league 2 managers are part time then fine. If you don't then you have your answer and I doubt anyone thinks they are not fulltime in any event. Why look for something that isn't there. I also don't get the relevance of who from the AFT wrote the post above. Unless it is being implied it was Andy Symons and he has lied does it matter. It gives the answer which is what people wanted.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:44 pm

Leave it Sensi, you will never satisfy the cnuts on here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 8:30 am

He's not part-time. I'm not sure what 'part-time' would be. I saw David Moyes was in the crowd for a League 1 game the other day. Was he just watching it as a football fan or as Manchester United manager?
Warnock's family didn't move when he was QPR manager (they're in Cornwall), he took QPR up to the Premier League. Redknapp is the same as he's based in Bournemouth and has managed West Ham, Southampton, Portsmouth, Spurs and QPR.
My father-in-law works in Portsmouth but lives between Halifax and Bradford - he drives home most weekends. Lots of people do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:17 am

For me the telling thing is that there was so much hysteria and paranoia about asking a simple question of the board. We have two organisations to represent us fans but we had about three days of literally millions of fans explaining why the question can't or shouldn't be asked. That to me speaks volumes of the culture that Brent presides over.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:39 am

Iggy wrote:
For me the telling thing is that there was so much hysteria and paranoia about asking a simple question of the board. We have two organisations to represent us fans but we had about three days of literally millions of fans explaining why the question can't or shouldn't be asked. That to me speaks volumes of the culture that Brent presides over.
They've only got themselves to blame for assuming that all Argyle fans are dim, sheeplike Avivas, easily led by devious, self promoting control freaks.
The track record at HP these days with regard honesty, openness and transparency, is as appalling as it is becoming amusing, in a Twisted Evil  sort of way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 9:47 pm

Yet another hi-jack of the thread to state about avivas, silly hats etc etc which has nothing to do with the question. The question was about Sheridan and if he was less than full time. It was also about somebody asking the question of the club. The question was asked and the answer was given. He is on a standard league 2 contract for managers which says to me he isn't doing it part time. Nothing ambiguous about the question or the answer for me. Plenty of stuff doesn't get answered but it isn't true in this case is it. Plenty of things to moan about but this isn't one of them.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 9:52 pm

If he combines a trip home with a scouting trip
does that count as part time ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:12 pm

NO.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
NO.
NO NEED TO SHOUT
MUTLEY RECEIVING LOUD AND CLEAR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:18 pm

Davidfriio4 wrote:
If he combines a trip home with a scouting trip
does that count as part time ?
Of course it doesn't. In fact when he's at home for however long it is every week he probably watches DVD's of matches and upcoming opposition matches, most managers do. Being a manager is almost an obsession which lasts for years and years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:22 pm

Sorry Davidfriio4 but sometimes on here you have to shout because most aren't listening even when they've asked the question themselves. To busy playing "Spot the Silly Hat" competition.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 6:28 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Yet another hi-jack of the thread to state about avivas, silly hats etc etc which has nothing to do with the question.    The question was about Sheridan and if he was less than full time.    It was also about somebody asking the question of the club.    The question was asked and the answer was given.    He is on a standard league 2 contract for managers which says to me he isn't doing it part time.    Nothing ambiguous about the question or the answer for me.    Plenty of stuff doesn't get answered but it isn't true in this case is it.    Plenty of things to moan about but this isn't one of them.    
It's what I do best Wink 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 8:44 pm

It's the ONLY thing you do......
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It's the ONLY thing you do......

thems fighting words.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:32 pm

But he does it so well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:33 pm

seadog wrote:
But he does it so well.
Practise makes perfect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Grudgingly I have to agree.........(Oh how that hurt)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:42 pm

I just realised my post was ambiguous.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:48 pm

Iggy wrote:
I agree.

And what happened to the school teaching mantra of "No question is a stupid one"?

If we are going down the "no stupid question" road?  What defines 'what' gets asked by the PASB or AFT, and what doesn't?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan - The Facts   John Sheridan - The Facts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

John Sheridan - The Facts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2