Dane
VillageGreen
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Pompey fans are on one .. Empty
PostSubject: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can't see the point in bigging-up the 1983 match,where they were absolute animals that day..

And calling us basement dwelling minnows,what a bloody cheek.

Pompey think they are so BIG and MIGHTY,but look how the BIG and MIGHTY have fallen Laughing. It is truly worse than ourselves...

According to the below link (and small report) from last month,they owe former players £6.7 million.

''Portsmouth, who are now in League Two and are owned by the club’s supporters, still have massive debts to pay off to former players including £1,633,333 that’s owed to defender Tal Ben Haim''.

FULL LINK - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:11 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:44 pm

we have the most lesbian fans ???
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:01 pm

I've hated them more (by a country mile) than any other team after that match. I was 14, and fcking shit myself. Shocked 

BUT, tbf, them getting all nostalgic about it is only natural. Argyle did pretty much the same at Peterborough in '75 by all accounts, only Argyle were so bad that day we made headlines in most of the Nationals. A mate of mines brother has still got a scrapbook with all the cuttings in it from that day. Argyle were every bit as bad if not worse than Pompey, that day.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:07 pm

We are basement dwelling minnows - brent has ensured that. They will hammer us out of sight.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:21 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I've hated them more (by a country mile) than any other team after that match. I was 14, and fcking shit myself. Shocked 

BUT, tbf, them getting all nostalgic about it is only natural. Argyle did pretty much the same at Peterborough in '75 by all accounts, only Argyle were so bad that day we made headlines in most of the Nationals. A mate of mines brother has still got a scrapbook with all the cuttings in it from that day. Argyle were every bit as bad if not worse than Pompey, that day.

I was at that game in '83.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:22 pm

I remember contributions from Pasoti users with reference a similar game and similar behavior by Argyle fans at Peterborough in the 70,s, with a kind of rosy tint to them.
When the glove is on the other hand Portsmouth are painted up as Devil incarnate!!
It really is staggering the levels of hypocrisy by some. I would fathom a guess that that kind of hooliganism was pretty much benchmark in that day and age, and all those Pompey lot are doing is reminiscing i suppose.
I remember going to my first game in 1982/3 ? v Exeter, scuffles and fights all over the place, but at least the game had a character and edge that despite what happened at the game had you champing at the bit to get back on that Terrace and witness the next lot of chananagans.
Unlike the sterile, soulless, rammed down your throat "this is how you will behave" of today.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:42 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
I remember contributions from Pasoti users with reference a similar game and similar behavior by Argyle fans at Peterborough in the 70,s, with a kind of rosy tint to them.
When the glove is on the other hand Portsmouth are painted up as Devil incarnate!!
It really is staggering the levels of hypocrisy by some. I would fathom a guess that that kind of hooliganism was pretty much benchmark in that day and age,and all those Pompey lot are doing is reminiscing i suppose.
I remember going to my first game in 1982/3 ? v Exeter, scuffles and fights all over the place, but at least the game had a character and edge that despite what happened at the game had you champing at the bit to get back on that Terrace and witness the next lot of chananagans.
Unlike the sterile, soulless, rammed down your throat "this is how you will behave" of today.
It gives them something to tell their children and grand-children.

''Dad,tell us about the day you went to Plymouth in 1983''.

''Well Son,we went down there mob handed back then,took 10,000 so we did. We had such a laugh too,took their ends and battered a few of them. And to top it off,we went up as Champions''...

I can remember going to Exeter back in the early 80s,Argyle pretty much had the run of the place back then too. Not like today where you see a major police operation in progress,with cameras in your face..

I hate today's stadiums,soulless places with hardly any atmosphere.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:03 pm

Freathy wrote:
We are basement dwelling minnows - brent has ensured that.  They will hammer us out of sight.

I object to the 'minnows' bit,they could have said rivals.

I agree that will will get spanked on Saturday though.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:07 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
It really is staggering the levels of hypocrisy by some. I would fathom a guess that that kind of hooliganism was pretty much benchmark in that day and age, and all those Pompey lot are doing is reminiscing i suppose.
I was there with my Dad, saw a car turned over in the street! Some of the Argyle fans were cnuts that day. A car full of Posh fans.

Last edited by seadog on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:14 pm

Village, ignore the minnow comment. I recks that cheeky little scamp of a Portsmouth fan probably writes something derogatory to wind up opposing viewers every week in order to boost his fockin ego an make him feel MANLY when he is down the pub with his MATES; "hey MUSH, I was FOOKING funny as HELL and an ACCRINGTON fan BIT at my HUMOUR ROFL. I called them SMALL because I like to feel BIG when going for a SHANT with my fellow PALS from Pompey. It was NEARLY as funny as THAT time I wound UP a Dagenham & Redbridge fan PMSL. Bloo Armay!". Then he goes home and gives a handjob to his dad as he has been forced to do every night since his 15th birthday.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 10:17 am

I was at that match in 83 as well, it was the one I started to tell Tis about with it being proper mental and not like a city match. I was with some mates in the corner of Demport and Mayflower. As one of the Pompey skates says there was a chain link fence between the two and there were Pompeys in both sides (a load in the Mayflower had no colours showing) when the pitch invasion happened there were loads of Pompeys on the pitch running over to join with the ones in the Demport and Mayflower (who were by then throwing punches colours showing). My mate who was about 14 at the time ran across the pitch towards the Lyndy and a huge bloke swinging an Argyle scarf around his head, turns out the bloke had chinned someone else and took their scarf, anyway he left hooked my mate as he ran the opposite way to him, mate out Sparko. Anyway a copper saw it happen and nailed this guy (who was 43 if I remember right) said guy then got 3 or 4 months for it. Maybe the blokes on skate net can fess up to knocking out a 14 year old kid? It was carnage, I ended up behind a load of Argyle boys who were fighting for their lives with their backs to the grandstand with coppers with truncheons trying to get in between us, the dog handlers came in eventually. I know it kicked off at the end of the match but didn't it kick off half way through when they invaded the pitch when they scored as well?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 10:56 am

I also had the 'pleasure' of being there as a young teenager and it seemed at the time that the fighting was pretty much going off all through the game especially where i was in the lyndhurst. Many Argyle fans did try to stand their ground and have a go but were eventually overwhelmed by sheer numbers, i took a few slaps and was chased all over the shop before managing to get out of the ground although there seemed to be thousands of Pompey fans outside as well !! It was a truly crazy experience but seems quite funny after 30 years............those were the days.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 11:00 am

feck me that sounds horrendous. Way before my time thankfully. Some dick heads harp on about football in the old days, what bunch of wankers would want a return to that?
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 11:02 am

Growing up with a bit of a soft spot for the Saints (before I went to Argyle about 12) I always hated Pompey. Now as a 40 year old grumpy git I don't hate them, but it is lovely to see them in the fourth division, placed 15th with just two more points than us. They seem very chipper when you compare it to our position and I'm not sure the reality of where they are and how long they may be here for has quite sunken home.

Good luck to them, but to say they will stuff us is inaccurate because they've been average at best this season and on the end of more than one ass whooping themselves. Maybe a nil nil would be more appropriate?
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 11:03 am

Win teh FA cup at the cost of your club. Way to go boys
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 11:35 am

I was at both the Pompey and Peterborough games and events were pretty much the same on each day.

I was in the Lyndhurst for the Pompey match and it all went off several times. Everybody was everywhere because the segregation had failed completely and once the big bundle at the start finished the rest of the match saw little groups picking out their opponents, chinning them and then legging it into the chaos. Colours were either hidden or ditched in the chaos so it was impossible to know who was doing who. It was by far the worst violence I have ever seen in a football ground and barring what I once saw in a kebab shop after a Siouxsie gig the worst I have seen anywhere. In retrospect I think the game should have been abandoned but that would probably have made things even worse. It's a miracle nobody was killed that day. Proper scary stuff and nothing to be proud of at all.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 11:41 am

There's some right old gits on this site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 11:49 am

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
feck me that sounds horrendous. Way before my time thankfully. Some dick heads harp on about football in the old days, what bunch of wankers would want a return to that?

Omg, the youff of today.

They won the FA 'fookin' Cup and now they are the fourth league club to be fan owned, they have got a thousand times more to be happy about than you Gargs.

Football was a fantastic experience in them days, in the mid seventies I was in Lundin and went to every derby and every game when Man United or Leeds were in town that I could get to, fookin carnage every week, strangely though hardly any serious injuries, wonder why that was?

That atmosphere in and around grounds was fantastic and it was easy to see how the weaker minded could get caught up in it and do some pretty senseless things, Iggy mentions thuggery, the slapping of kids, I never witnessed any of that beyond the odd stupid kid getting a slap for trying to play with the big boys, in general the knobbers rowed with other knobbers with fist and boot and those who went down or who didn't want to be involved were not targeted. The majority of the hoolies were only hoolies on matchday.

I imagine plod will be scooping up mucho overtime Saturday which means Brenty might need help funding the Diddy Stand as he was relying on this one and your 'home cup final', you can pretty much guarantee it will be a a somewhat flaccid affair in comparison to the invasion of '83, leaving just a few of us old'uns to reflect on those crazy days of our youff.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 12:18 pm

At 39 I'll happily be labeled as a youf Smile

Sadly as my knuckles don't drag along the floor when I walk I tend to want to enjoy (well, you know what I mean) the football rather than fighting a load of late 40s mongoloids who take out their own failures in life on other like minded souls.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 12:26 pm

Iggy wrote:
I was at that match in 83 as well, it was the one I started to tell Tis about with it being proper mental and not like a city match. I was with some mates in the corner of Demport and Mayflower. As one of the Pompey skates says there was a chain link fence between the two and there were Pompeys in both sides (a load in the Mayflower had no colours showing) when the pitch invasion happened there were loads of Pompeys on the pitch running over to join with the ones in the Demport and Mayflower (who were by then throwing punches colours showing). My mate who was about 14 at the time ran across the pitch towards the Lyndy and a huge bloke swinging an Argyle scarf around his head, turns out the bloke had chinned someone else and took their scarf, anyway he left hooked my mate as he ran the opposite way to him, mate out Sparko. Anyway a copper saw it happen and nailed this guy (who was 43 if I remember right) said guy then got 3 or 4 months for it. Maybe the blokes on skate net can fess up to knocking out a 14 year old kid? It was carnage, I ended up behind a load of Argyle boys who were fighting for their lives with their backs to the grandstand with coppers with truncheons trying to get in between us, the dog handlers came in eventually. I know it kicked off at the end of the match but didn't it kick off half way through when they invaded the pitch when they scored as well?

I was 18 back then. I remember the trouble in the Lyndhurst well. I was stood with a then mate and a copper walks past with a Pompey fan and the Pompey fan shouts ''you lot don't know what trouble is down here'',he received some verbal for that comment.

We got pushed back in to the Spion Kop area by the sheer numbers of Pompey fans who were in the Lyndhurst and we then started throwing lumps of rock and stones at them.

Fair play to the Argyle Boys who had a go in the Lyndhurst,but they were outnumbered greatly. Another then friend had DM prints on his head,he took a bit of a beating.

Someone once told me that if the roles had been reversed,we would probably have done the same thing. Taken 1000s to Pompey and caused havoc.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 12:30 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

Omg, the youff of today.

They won the FA 'fookin' Cup and now they are the fourth league club to be fan owned, they have got a thousand times more to be happy about than you Gargs.

Football was a fantastic experience in them days, in the mid seventies I was in Lundin and went to every derby and every game when Man United or Leeds were in town that I could get to, fookin carnage every week, hardly any serious injuries, wonder why that was?

That atmosphere in and around grounds was fantastic and it was easy to see how the weaker minded could get caught up in it and do some pretty senseless things, Iggy mentions thuggery, the slapping of kids, I never witnessed any of that beyond the odd stupid kid getting a slap for trying to play with the big boys, in general the knobbers rowed with other knobbers with fist and boot and those who went down or who didn't want to be involved were not targeted. The majority of the hoolies were only hoolies on matchday.

I imagine plod will be scooping up mucho overtime Saturday which means Brenty might need help funding the Diddy Stand as he was relying on this one and your 'home cup final', you can pretty much guarantee it will be a a somewhat flaccid affair in comparison to the invasion of '83, leaving just a few of us old'uns to reflect on those crazy days of our youff.
At Argyle it was carnage and literally thousands of fans died on a weekly basis, but that was the old second division, you wouldn't know about that being two leagues below us for most of that century.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 12:38 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

Omg, the youff of today.

Football was a fantastic experience in them days, in the mid seventies I was in Lundin and went to every derby and every game when Man United or Leeds were in town that I could get to, fookin carnage every week, strangely though hardly any serious injuries, wonder why that was?

Can you remember the below documentary from the 70s that was on the BBC,they followed the Millwall F Troop.

I wonder what they are doing now ??
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 3:12 pm

Iggy wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

Omg, the youff of today.

Football was a fantastic experience in them days, in the mid seventies I was in Lundin and went to every derby and every game when Man United or Leeds were in town that I could get to, fookin carnage every week, hardly any serious injuries, wonder why that was?

At Argyle it was carnage and literally thousands of fans died on a weekly basis, but that was the old second division, you wouldn't know about that being two leagues below us for most of that century.
It was indeed a nonsensical statement.Hardly any serious injuries? Off the top of my head,there was a kid crushed to death by rioting Leeds fans at Birmingham,a Blackburn fan stabbed to death at Carlisle,ditto someone outside Ayresome Park and of course there was the tragic case of Mark Smith [i think he was called],a 16 year old Argyle fan stabbed to death in a Swindon pub in the 1980's.Can't get much more serious than death, i wouldn't have thought.I personally know a guy who served time for taking a blokes eye out with a bike chain outside the Cherry Tree after a match and there were literally hundreds of similar incidents in the 1970's and 1980's.I don't think our Exeter friend would have been so blaise about matters had he been at Home Park for that match in 1983 and it is ludicrously simplistic to say that people who didn't want to be involved were not targetted.That may have been so but that particular day [and on a few others,matches against Stoke,Chelsea,Sunderland etc spring to mind] there was no choice and it was pure luck that either myself or two members of my family weren't killed or maimed when a huge piece of rock hit the roof of the old Lyndhurst stand and came to rest approximately one yard from where we were standing.To my mind,the alarming drop in gates during that period was largely caused by the fairly natural reaction of family minded men not wanting to take the risk of themselves or their kids spending a bit of time in the local hospital courtesy of a few cretins out for a ruck.I take the point of stadia being rather sanitised in present times but there is no contest between those days and now,today wins at a canter.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 3:34 pm

Greenskin wrote:

It was indeed a nonsensical statement.Hardly any serious injuries? Off the top of my head,there was a kid crushed to death by rioting Leeds fans at Birmingham,a Blackburn fan stabbed to death at Carlisle,ditto someone outside Ayresome Park and of course there was the tragic case of Mark Smith [i think he was called],a 16 year old Argyle fan stabbed to death in a Swindon pub in the 1980's.
Wow, half a dozen deaths and probably some OT at local A&Es, out in the real world it was 'war' every weekend, Man Utd would regularly have 20 thousand pissed up youngsters and not so youngsters, rampaging around Lundin and points North every other week end, the fact that there are so few incidents which leap to mind is testament to something, maybe luck, maybe a lack of real vindictive intent.

All deaths are a tragedy, well perhaps not Saddam Hussein, Gadaffy Duck and others of that ilk, but dragging on the mawkage is hardly the issue, considering the scale of the problem it was a miracle that more damage didn't ensue, the major footy losses of life, in this country at least, have fortunately had little or nothing to do with violence. Obviously something had to be done and it was done leaving just the rump kept alive by the likes of your very own knuckle draggers, didn't they do well beating up old people, children and shirters after the glorious JPT victory of the mighty ECFC?

The point I was making was that the atmosphere within football grounds in this country has suffered, I wouldn't cross the road to watch  a Premiership game for that very reason, your game with Pompey will pass off and I will have a pound with any of you that in 20 years time nobody will be discussing it.

"20 years"? 30 friggin years, god but I'm old.

Last edited by Lord Tisdale on Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 3:40 pm

they are has beens this is a big game for them now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. Empty

Back to top Go down

Pompey fans are on one ..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next