Dane
VillageGreen
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Iggy wrote:

At Argyle it was carnage and literally thousands of fans died on a weekly basis, but that was the old second division, you wouldn't know about that being two leagues below us for most of that century.
Well strange as it may seem, and strictly between you, me and Sturtz, I used to make exceptions to the norm and follow your shower of shit when they were in town, I recall Chelsea being a particularly interesting day out when me and a mate from Glasgow who had a penchant for all things Green had a few drinks up West with some carrot crunchers then stood on that open terrace about a mile and a half from the pitch. Iirc correctly I saw draws at Flum and Chels and beatings at Orient and Charlton, thinking on didn't you go the whole season without an away win?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 4:11 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

It was indeed a nonsensical statement.Hardly any serious injuries? Off the top of my head,there was a kid crushed to death by rioting Leeds fans at Birmingham,a Blackburn fan stabbed to death at Carlisle,ditto someone outside Ayresome Park and of course there was the tragic case of Mark Smith [i think he was called],a 16 year old Argyle fan stabbed to death in a Swindon pub in the 1980's.
Wow, half a dozen deaths and probably some OT at local A&Es, out in the real world it was 'war' every weekend, Man Utd would regularly have 20 thousand pissed up youngsters and not so youngsters, rampaging around Lundin and points North every other week end, the fact that there are so few incidents which leap to mind is testament to something, maybe luck, maybe a lack of real vindictive intent.

All deaths are a tragedy, well perhaps not Saddam Hussein, Gadaffy Duck and others of that ilk, but dragging on the mawkage is hardly the issue, considering the scale of the problem it was a miracle that more damage didn't ensue, the major footy losses of life, in this country at least, have fortunately had little or nothing to do with violence. Obviously something had to be done and it was done leaving just the rump kept alive by the likes of your very own knuckle draggers, didn't they do well beating up old people, children and shirters after the glorious JPT victory of the mighty ECFC?

The point I was making was that the atmosphere within football grounds in this country has suffered, I wouldn't cross the road to watch  a Premiership game for that very reason, your game with Pompey will pass off and I will have a pound with any of you that in 20 years time nobody will be discussing it.
Heysel.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 4:26 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:

Heysel.
Which bit of "in this country" did you not understand?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 6:31 pm

[from the 1983 game]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 7:32 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
[from the 1983 game]

I recognise a few of those faces. Pompey fans with their backs to the camera attempting to storm the Lyndhurst.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 8:14 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Heysel.
So it was nothing to do with English football then? That's all ok then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 8:38 pm

IsThatHHP? wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
[from the 1983 game]

I recognise a few of those faces. Pompey fans with their backs to the camera attempting to storm the Lyndhurst.
Yep I can see 2 I know - I heard they had a good go!!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 8:48 pm

Heysel should have been the catalyst for change but it took hilLsborough to do that instead.

Nowadays is goading behind lines of police that is described as 'trouble', when was the LAST time you saw PROPER fighting at a match ? fans fighting fans not behind lines of old bill.

The CCTV and banning order society has changed things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 8:50 pm

Jaw broken in 2 places at Peterbrough - 2 inch plate in front and wires in corner, whole lot wired together for 6 weeks, soup and Mackeson was all I could eat (suck) - lost so much weight mind!! Crazy days!!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 8:53 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
[from the 1983 game]

Is that a wheel chair being brandished? Where's the poor f*cker it belonged to?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Heysel.

Nobody said that did they? So, if you are unable to understand what is written why bother to comment?

Just try, oh yes, I didn't really understand, you will feel much better once you accept you have a problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Lord Tis ..... misunderstood. Sad 

08457 90 90 90
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
[from the 1983 game]

There was no such thing as disability rights in those days, the poor b@stard was probably thrown at the Pompey fans !!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 9:39 pm

probably led the charge to start with !

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 9:41 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Heysel.
Nobody said that did they? So, if you are unable to understand what is written why bother to comment?

Just try, oh yes, I didn't really understand, you will feel much better once you accept you have a problem.
You are right. The 1970's was all a laugh with the tank tops, big hair and the bigger collars nobody that didn't want it got hurt. Happy days. Were you even there?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 9:50 am

It's been kicking off on the train down to Plymouth apparently and there's Transport Police everywhere now. No further details at present than that.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 10:35 am

VillageGreen wrote:
[from the 1983 game]

Am I a terrible person for laughing at the wheelchair?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 10:38 am

I've also spotted what appears to be Paul Weller in the crowd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 11:16 am

As someone else mentioned there's a couple of faces that jump right out and if it kicked off today and a picture taken would be stood in the same spot, one in particular is stood behind another couple of people but probably being the loudest. Razz 
I am the last person to suggest we should somehow sponsor the violence on the terraces to get the atmosphere back but we need to do something, it is feckin sterile nowadays. The JPT game with the scum was the best atmos we have seen for years, the fallout with the condemnation of all the violence that didnt happen was pretty funny, we had Angry of Peverell vying with Angry of Mutley to be more upset than the other by something that didn't really happen? scratch  yes there was a flare on the pitch, and the steward trying to put it out by standing on it was funny, but other than that there was a couple of dozen chavs gesticulating at each other, some yuppies threw some change which the swilly bheys soon picked up to buy a Nandoes with. There is a lot more violence down the Barbican on a bank holiday weekend than at the football in a season the trouble is the game is regulated by people that don't go to the football, they call it soccer and can be seen sipping a pink gin at the Chiefs game.
Unsafe standing now! Man up FES and sponsor some fights! The FES come and have a go if you think you're hard enough Zoo corner?
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 11:51 am

I spy a young Jamie Mackie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 2:14 pm

Haha! I've noticed Timothy Spall from his Auf Wiedersehen pet days, as well as Iain Dowie back when he had hair
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 2:38 pm

IsThatHHP? wrote:
Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
[from the 1983 game]

There was no such thing as disability rights in those days, the poor b@stard was probably thrown at the Pompey fans !!
lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pompey fans are on one ..   Pompey fans are on one .. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pompey fans are on one ..
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2