Dane
Czarcasm
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Belarus_Headhunter wrote:
They will do well to finish in the top 4. Despite Spurs abysmal start to the season (despite having 6 points) they, Arsenal, City, Liverpool and certainly Chelsea will finish higher than United.

Rooney needs to lose 10kg to frankly have any chance of United finishing within the top 4.jocolor
You offering odds?

No, I thought not.

Despite spending much of the summer throwing his toys about Rooney looks lean and mean to me, I expect him to be in fine club form prior to a big money transfer next summer, he will still be a waste of an England shirt though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 3:20 pm

Rooney move? He bleeds Red he does, used to be blue but now only Red.
Back to top Go down
Belarus_Headhunter

Belarus_Headhunter

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 4:41 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Belarus_Headhunter wrote:
They will do well to finish in the top 4. Despite Spurs abysmal start to the season (despite having 6 points) they, Arsenal, City, Liverpool and certainly Chelsea will finish higher than United.

Rooney needs to lose 10kg to frankly have any chance of United finishing within the top 4.jocolor
You offering odds?

No, I thought not.

Despite spending much of the summer throwing his toys about Rooney looks lean and mean to me, I expect him to be in fine club form prior to a big money transfer next summer, he will still be a waste of an England shirt though.
No point in yourself asking a legitimate question and then answering for me.
I don't expect United to finish within the top 4 if that's what you're asking me for odds on ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Anything to get out of playing for England.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 10:30 pm

knecht wrote:

Tis but a scratch, get the old Terry Butcher on and play you pussy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 10:18 am

Walcott described the injury as being like something out of a horror film, lol, " quite nasty cut 2?" You only have to look on GOS to see worse Gashes than that, eh Angry?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 10:54 am

What a big overpaid baby that twit is, stick him on a rugby pitch for 80 minutes!
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 1:13 pm

knecht wrote:

feck england
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 1:21 pm

Feck Manchester and their overpaid wankers that play for them, it's plastic feckin clubs with their spoilt overpaid players that couldn't give a feck about anything that isn't in a celeb magazine that keeps us so out of touch as a world class footballing nation. World cup, European cup, more effort needed.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 1:22 pm

Couldn't care less about England.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 1:33 pm

Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrPc4D4ktIQBNGsRoekE3V_m5BfTTCE8gvbVDmyybU1o5mB_qZaQ
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 2:05 pm

I love England. Followed them far and wide fairly regularly in my younger days.

I will never understand the level of contempt some people who are football fans have for their national team.

"Overpaid Prima Donnas". Well yeah they are, but that is down to the clubs they play for, not the fault of the country of their birth, or the national manager who picks them.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 2:10 pm

I don't understand the hostility towards the England team from their own fans either.

It must be down to frustration at the fact that everyone in England gets their hopes up at tournaments only to be disappointed in the Quarter-finals.

You should try supporting Scotland then!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 2:12 pm

While I'm at it, I'm no Man United apologist, but they are regularly at the top of the list when it comes to English players in their first eleven. Aaaannnd, some of the thickos on social media trying to slag Rooney saying he's lazy and doesn't wanna play for England - I despair. If there's a more hard-working player than Rooney who just wants to play every minute he can, than I haven't seen him.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 3:19 pm

club first
country second

has always been the way always will be. The way that international players have treated utd players over the years id rather they just stayed home and trained with united and didn't bother
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 3:21 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I don't understand the hostility towards the England team from their own fans either.

It must be down to frustration at the fact that everyone in England gets their hopes up at tournaments only to be disappointed in the Quarter-finals.

You should try supporting Scotland then!
and as if by magic, the shopkeeper appeared : http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23969106
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 3:47 pm

Dane. wrote:
club first
country second

has always been the way always will be. The way that international players have treated utd players over the years id rather they just stayed home and trained with united and didn't bother
Says the bloke that supports a team in a city that he never would have visited if someone hadn't made them the best team when you were ten years old?
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 4:36 pm

Look at least I go there and back up my support,

most people as you lot are quick to point out support a team and don't even bother going to the games.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Most of the most vociferous fans on here don't go to Home Park. Some don't even live in the UK. Some aren't on the planet either.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 10:40 pm

I couldn't really give a flying one about Manchester, its football clubs or their future.

That said I did enjoy Man Utd's past.  When Argyle were shit under Mac666 but the rest of football 'appeared' rejuvenated, watching an SAF team was quite refreshing with his attacking ethos.

I'll miss it.

Actually I wont. Can't even remember when I last watched MOTD or CL.

It was still refreshing BITD though.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:09 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

I will never understand the level of contempt some people who are football fans have for their national team.

Lack of intelligence and breeding I'm afraid. Part of the 'plastic' generation of football fans, who can't see further than their Man Utds, despite living 300 miles away.

England as a football nation will never succeed until something is done to encourage quality English players rather than paying foreign players and coaches obscene amounts of money in attempts to buy success.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:30 am

Dane. wrote:

most people as you lot are quick to point out support a team and don't even bother going to the games.

So There'll be nothing in the rumour that RVP isn't impressed with the new man either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 8:39 am

Dane. wrote:

Yeh feck off Nool, I have followed Argyle through thick and thin for most of my fifty year old life, season tickets for me and my two lads, now the asset stripper has his hands on my club I wish to protest, the only avenue clear to me is to not buy a season ticket. I still go to a few games but until we drive Brent from the club I am voting with my feet, it's called principles. What about you, do you have a ST for both the clubs you purport to support?
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 10:54 am

Not for argyle

I have 2 for united, but don't go every game.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 1:35 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Lack of intelligence and breeding I'm afraid. Part of the 'plastic' generation of football fans, who can't see further than their Man Utds, despite living 300 miles away.

England as a football nation will never succeed until something is done to encourage quality English players rather than paying foreign players and coaches obscene amounts of money in attempts to buy success.
Premier League football has adopted for itself what must almost be the most nakedly capitalistic model that it could have. As a result it is hurtling along at ever-increasing speed towards a potentially cataclysmic meltdown. To survive the top clubs need Champions League football and they will spend whatever it takes to get it. To compete with them the next raft of clubs needs to gamble outrageously or get lucky with a Gareth Bale. Everyone else is desperately hanging on to avoid relegation.

Those that are relegated get parachute payments which in turn distort the financial climate in the division below and for those without to gamble recklessly either to go up or to stay up.

And so it goes on all through the leagues.

The result is clubs like us, Pompey, Coventry and a host of others go to the wall ripping off everybody in this country via unpaid tax bills and trading debts.

It's a cancer and it is growing and growing.

I do wonder exactly what the difference would be if the money which is splurged on wages and transfers was invested into grass roots coaching and community facilities?

Just imagine the effect if England/UK had the same number of qualified coaches as they do in Spain. In fact just look at Spain where they are all but unbeatable at national level, have been for years, their U-17s, U-21s etc have been just the same, where Spanish clubs, Galacticos notwithsanding, pick mostly Spanish players. And it would cost only a fraction of the money that TV pours into the game.

We could not be getting it more wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man United - End of an era?   Man United - End of an era? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Man United - End of an era?
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next