Peggy
greensleeves
VillageGreen
Tgwu
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

FAO All that have received online abuse Empty
PostSubject: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 10:19 am

Including AFT members and leaders, ATD, users, FOP etc etc. I can't do links yet but this could be worthwhile....

w w w......bbc.co.uk...../news/uk-23796712

Quote :
Football supporters are being warned that abuse of players or fellow fans on online social media is being targeted this season by police and prosecutors.

New guidelines for tackling hooligans in England and Wales also address homophobic chanting for the first time.

Match-related incidents have been falling but there will continue to be a "robust prosecution policy".

Police say troublemakers given banning orders will find they are unable to attend the 2014 Brazil World Cup.

The orders prevent supporters from travelling to matches for a minimum of three years and any imposed this season would also affect supporters hoping to attend Euro 2016 in France, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) and Association of Chief Police Officers added in a statement setting out the policy guidance.

The joint policy outlines the way violence, disorder, criminal damage and abuse in and around football matches will be approached.

Other "emerging challenges" for police and prosecutors highlighted include the assault of players by fans and the use of flares or fireworks within grounds.

Nick Hawkins, lead sports prosecutor at the CPS, said most football fans were well behaved and there had been a rise in the numbers of families at matches because of "friendlier atmospheres".

'Culture change'
Earlier this year, the CPS unveiled guidance specifying when communications on social media such as Twitter or Facebook that included threats of violence or damage to property, targeted individuals, or appeared to breach a court order should be prosecuted.

Nick Hawkins, CPS: "Vile chanting has no place in any walk of society"
The CPS said there was a "place for humour in football but where the line between humour and offensive behaviour is crossed then positive action will be taken".

Mr Hawkins said: "It's not just criminality in the stands that will be taken on. Our legal guidance on communications sent by social media clearly sets out how we will approach the abuse of players or fellow supporters online."

He said the "worst examples" of "vile abuse or threatening tweets" would be prosecuted.

Prosecutions following online racist abuse of Fabrice Muamba, who suffered a cardiac arrest on the pitch last year, and Northampton Town players Adebayo Akinfenwa and Clarke Carlisle showed the CPS took such incidents "seriously", he said.

"Decent, law-abiding football fans deserve to be reassured that the criminal justice system is better equipped than ever before to protect their right to follow their teams in safety, while players, referees and supporters should know that harassment and abuse against them will not be tolerated," he added.

"In years gone by, racist and homophobic chanting in the stands was an ugly feature of football matches across the country, but I believe we are beginning to see a shift in culture... but hate crime legislation has a large part to play in this ongoing culture change."

Mr Hawkins said research showed Brighton and Hove Albion fans were subjected to homophobic abuse at more than 70% of away games last season, showing such incidents were still happening "frighteningly" often.

Liz Costa, vice-chairwoman of Brighton and Hove Albion Supporters' Club, said she was "thrilled to bits" that homophobic abuse - aimed at Brighton fans because she said the city was viewed by some as a "gay capital" - was "at last" being treated with the same seriousness as racism.

Alice Ashworth, from gay rights charity Stonewall, said its research showed homophobic abuse "continues to be all too common in football and deters gay fans, as well as many families, from attending matches".

Darren Bailey, director of governance and regulation for the Football Association, said: "The FA welcomes the CPS' policy and wholeheartedly supports its ambitions in continuing to make football a safe environment for everyone."

The latest available figures on offences at football matches are for 2011-12 and show the number of arrests at international and domestic games fell by nearly 24%, to 2,363. There were 2,750 banning orders in existence, down from 3,173.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 10:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:08 am

Thanks TG
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:08 am

PL2Faced wrote:
Good news indeed.
Internet bullying and abuse is very much in the news at the moment, including in Plymouth where referee's have been the targets...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... z2cWDlXiet

Those that think they are anonymous on Twitter and forums etc will be found out and caught by the police.
So will he hand himself into the Police over the Greenman threats?

Sting Curtain wrote:
Applaud this initiative.

Too many people think they can hide behind anonymity, they can't.
They could hand themselves in together Very Happy

Deep Throat, Greenman, Deadly Lampshade, Steve Myott, Windsor Boy, Argyle Moans, ADT, Iddesleigh Green, Sting Curtain, etc etc etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:36 am

As usual the Hypocrisy from the farm is astounding
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:39 am

punchdrunk wrote:
As usual the Hypocrisy from the farm is astounding
Reading the replies of the man who has had more multi troll accounts than Dane did make me chuckle.

Paying someone to set up a fake website abusing posters from this site as a starter for 10.

Then there's good ol' Postcode. He's obvious forgotten his admission to being one of the Greenmen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:55 am

Oh lordy me, now Newell pipes up, can someone who is not banned go on there and educate those Bozos and remind them of their hypocrisy

http://thenewellfiles.wordpress.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:06 pm

Sting Curtain wrote:
We could nuke Central Park.

I'd love to see Amanda and Janice as a team again.

We could call them 'Dandruff and Dog Poo". I'd pay to see that.

And all because they have a different viewpoint to you and they decided to stand up for what they believe in?
James Brent must be so proud to call you a friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Maybe it's time for another visit to the police station, we may even see his mate Jon B there! clown 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:15 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Sting Curtain wrote:
We could nuke Central Park.

I'd love to see Amanda and Janice as a team again.

We could call them 'Dandruff and Dog Poo". I'd pay to see that.

And all because they have a different viewpoint to you and they decided to stand up for what they believe in?
James Brent must be so proud to call you a friend.
Isn't that the kind of abuse the Police are stamping down on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:17 pm

the laws of the land dont apply to self appointed jannar gods like weeb n nool so nothing will change.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:44 pm

BUMP!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:59 pm

I can understand the idea behind this,but will the CPS/Police be able to draw distinctions between banter and/or actual abuse and/or threats between fans and/or fans and players.

I think issuing a banning order is a tad harsh,as they were originally designed for actual fighting/criminal damage within grounds. I believe that these banning orders should revert back to their original purpose in which they were introduced [the Police have a nasty habit of throwing banning orders around and about like confetti].

Does posting a threatening message to a rival supporter and/or player warrant a banning order,i think not [sayings and messages can be said in the heat of the moment,as we all know].

Yes,the person who makes such a post should be punished and feel the full weight of the law upon them,but to ban them would be draconian in nature. Banning them from owning a laptop/tablet or smartphone,or having access to them would be much better.

Take the word ''Gargoyle'' for example,which is used by Devon rivals up the A:38. Will an Argyle fan suggest that is an offensive word and seek legal action against individuals who use that said word.

Or an Argyle fan suggesting that Devon rivals up the A:38 are inbred,coupled with various mutations. Will said Devon rivals up the A:38 begin legal action for those kind of remarks also.

I am not defending online abuse and/or threats,just seeking somekind of clarity..

I can see this becoming a legal minefield,as the CPS/Police will have to evaluate whether any individual means what they say,or is just barking nonsense to get a rise.

As an example,say a fan of a rival club posts online that they will go and blow-up a pub where rival fans drink,or to blow-up part of a ground of a rival club. Does this person mean what they say,or is it just a warped sense of mindset in which to anger said rivals.

Regarding racial and anti-gay chants/songs and/or online abuse,well that is a deeper problem within society which has crept in to football. This will need addressing sooner,rather than later. One can safely say that deep ingrained views and opinions are still rife with certain individuals in the UK..And i do not know how that will be tackled tbh.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 2:06 pm

There's quite a few on here that will have to moderate their language then.The police are watching you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 2:07 pm

greensleeves wrote:
There's quite a few on here that will have to moderate their language then.The police are watching you.
You're joshing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 2:15 pm

greensleeves wrote:
lol! 
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 6:56 pm

This has to be my most favourite thing I've seen all week:

Napoleon wrote:
perhaps the days of the internet coward is coming to an end.
It should be are, for starters.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 7:55 pm

Peggy,You're still bitter aren't you,and to think you were once a MOD on PASOTI.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 7:59 pm

Oh greensleeves. You were once the hold music at every call centre in the land and now it's 'Halo' by Beyonce - so bitter.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Bitter isn't the best word for it. Instead, try deeply hacked off that I - and others - have been driven out of the club we've supported all our lives by a small group of bullies, liars and hypocrites.

Still, though. Best ignore what's going on, eh?

(Oh, and I stopped being a mod over there years ago Edited to add November 2008, to be precise. It was entirely my decision, based on not liking the turn things were taking and some of the individuals involved. Just in case you want to start any other rumours.)

Last edited by Peggy on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:31 pm

Jabba is so banned it's unbelievable

Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:46 pm

Freathy I think Jabba saw that one coming the moment he pressed the send button.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:49 pm

[quote="Peggy"]Bitter isn't the best word for it. Instead, try deeply hacked off that I - and others - have been driven out of the club we've supported all our lives by a small group of bullies, liars and hypocrites.

Still, though. Best ignore what's going on, eh?

(Oh, and I stopped being a mod over there years ago Edited to add November 2008, to be precise. It was entirely my decision, based on not liking the turn things were taking and some of the individuals involved. Just in case you want to start any other rumours.)
[/quote
Peggy,It was not a rumour though was it ...it was a fact.You and XIsle ,and Babs.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Greensleeves..

How would you possibly know anything?

Surely what goes on in the mod room stays in the mod room?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:57 pm

The rumour is that Peggy was 'bitter' - your words cockmunch (I won't be going to Brazil now). Peggy's clarified she left rather than being ousted.

Greensleeves is obviously someone who's along standing pasoti person or so eone who's been told a 'history'.

I used to post on pasoti about 14 years ago as aaronjh38 - it was my old hotmail address. I don't remember pasoti being so full of spiteful and egotistical bastards back then. Newell wasn't around back then either - I didn't notice him anyway. I used to argue on Terraces with Ive and his mate - met in Torquay to see Taribo Wests debut and had a nice chat. It was banter back then, it's very quasi-political these days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAO All that have received online abuse   FAO All that have received online abuse Empty

Back to top Go down

FAO All that have received online abuse
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next