Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Calstock bike festival

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Calstock bike festival Empty
PostSubject: Calstock bike festival   Calstock bike festival EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 8:26 am

If you are stuck for something to do then this could be it, two pubs in village, one social club and a beer tent, usually only a fiver to get in, good band some mental bikes there, cool atmosphere, you don't have to be a biker to enjoy it, all the proceeds go to the community which does a lot of good stuff. You could probably get a train from Plymouth to Narnia as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calstock bike festival   Calstock bike festival EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 9:49 am

Far out! One of the highlights of the year!

Another major event for the Independent Republic of Calstock.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Calstock bike festival   Calstock bike festival EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 10:09 am

There always were quite a few bikes in Calstock.Not as many as in Gunnislake though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calstock bike festival   Calstock bike festival EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 10:24 am

Bikers come from all over the country to this festival. As Iggy says, it's a great atmosphere, good people, damn fine music and a superb firework display on Saturday night to finish the show!!!!

(And I was told by the organiser that the sodding cannon will not be making an appearance this year - which means all the dogs of the village and those of a sensitive disposition can relax.0

Be there or be square.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calstock bike festival   Calstock bike festival EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:18 pm

We should fire Mally from the cannon. Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calstock bike festival   Calstock bike festival EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 7:20 pm

It's just a little ..... errr ..... damp out there at the moment. I think the Gruffnuts may have to wait. The party in The Boot may come first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calstock bike festival   Calstock bike festival EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 7:21 pm

And either they've decided to use the cannon after all or that's some pretty dramatic thunder!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calstock bike festival   Calstock bike festival EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 11:45 pm

Calstock Bikers' Festival - the place to get smashed simply by breathing in the air around you.

My ears hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calstock bike festival   Calstock bike festival EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:42 am

Feck me didn't we have some rain yesterday, biggest thunderstorm I've seen in ages, must be some soggy tents around.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Calstock bike festival   Calstock bike festival EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:29 am

Leopallooza down in Bude (Bood).

I'm not there.

Other people are though.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Calstock bike festival   Calstock bike festival EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Packing to catch the ferry to Spain and Portugal tomorrow off for 3weeks, may go and have a last couple of English beers down Calstock later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calstock bike festival   Calstock bike festival EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Another night with a lot of grown-ups banging their heads against a wall. Bloody hurt last night.

I turned to my daughter at one point & said that about 70% of the people there were blokes. She immediately said about 70% of them were 45 at least.

I hope they play some jazz tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calstock bike festival   Calstock bike festival EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:40 pm

There will be no Bike Festival next year.
Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calstock bike festival   Calstock bike festival Empty

Back to top Go down

Calstock bike festival
Page 1 of 1