The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike Empty
PostSubject: British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike   British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 8:00 am

Usual motorbike carnage. Usual no insurance in place and parents begging for cash to get the body home
Very sad....

(apologies for full link to website usual links not available at time of post)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike   British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 9:18 am

Gordon Bennet.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike   British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 10:56 am

Feckin lethal roads in Aisa. Feel for the family no age at all.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike   British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 12:05 pm

Am not into bikes but judging by the tyre size and disc brakes it wasn't orginally some small engined bike
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike   British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 1:53 pm

Possibly 650cc? I haven't been to Thailand for years but have ridden loads of scooters and bikes whilst their previously. Back then you only saw major gangsters and dealers in Bangkok with the odd Harley or sports bike everybody else rode mopeds and the biggest bike I could ever hire was 125cc. The main danger on the Thai roads or any road is other road users and as you know with their absolute belief in a better life after death they drive like fook in lunatics.
As for insurance I'm really not a fan of it, just another tax but I always get just a basic cover which includes bad accidents and repatriation if dead. If you insure all your kit for theft, breakdowns and everything else it costs a fortune and I know of several people who have been genuinely robbed and left high and dry by insurance who hate to pay out ever. Last time I was there my insurance was Travellers cheques. Think they've closed that little scam though.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike   British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 2:06 pm

It doesn't matter what the engine size is, it's the power to weight ratio. I think for the age of the lad he'd be restricted to 0.16 kW per kilo or about 33 bhp. Lots of bikes can be restricted to that legally. Condolences to the family and rip.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike   British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 2:06 pm

It doesn't matter what the engine size is, it's the power to weight ratio. I think for the age of the lad he'd be restricted to 0.16 kW per kilo or about 33 bhp. Lots of bikes can be restricted to that legally. Condolences to the family and rip.
Back to top Go down
hippo

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike   British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 5:46 pm

All right, all right we got it the first time.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike   British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 10:32 pm

Is there a fackin echo on this thread?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike   British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 10:55 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
All right, all right we got it the first time.

laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike   British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 11:24 am

At the moment they seem to have raised around 60% of the target
Cant help thinking that the target is somewhat low for what is required. Palms will need greasing lot of expenses before I assume a coffin sits on an aircraft.
That may be becoming apparent to them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike   British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike Empty

Back to top Go down

British teenager, 17, living in Cornwall killed in Thailand on Bike
Page 1 of 1