Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beautiful Days Festival

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Beautiful Days Festival Empty
PostSubject: Beautiful Days Festival   Beautiful Days Festival EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:47 pm

Anyone thinking about a festival for this year could do a lot worse than the Beautiful Days Festival at Escot Park. I keep getting told what a great festival it is and this years line-up is pretty cool.

Primal Scream, Ocean Colour Scene, The Levellers, Sinead O'Connor, The Wonder Stuff, Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel, The Selector, Clannad have been announced so far. Not a bad line-up at all.

It's not too far for the Devonians on here to go and is renowned for being family friendly. With our camper van it costs around £300 for the two adults and two children for the whole weekend which is much, much cheaper than somewhere like Glastonbury. I'm currently trying to persuade the missus to sell our Muse tickets and go to this instead as it would be much better for the whole family, so if anyone wants a pair of tickets to see Muse at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday 26th May, the Whitsun Bank Holiday weekend, let me know and I'll see what sort of price I can do them for.

http://www.beautifuldays.org/artists/2013-2/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Days Festival   Beautiful Days Festival EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Sinead O'Connor - one of my heroes!

Dan Sealey bassist of Ocean Colour Scheme - I watched his dad Embarassed perform several times & I have 3 or 4 of his albums.

Clannad - no comment!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Days Festival   Beautiful Days Festival EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:35 pm

knecht wrote:
Sinead O'Connor - one of my heroes!

Dan Sealey bassist of Ocean Colour Scheme - I watched his dad Embarassed perform several times & I have 3 or 4 of his albums.

Clannad - no comment!

I saw Ocean Colour Scene in Truro many moons ago. Great gig.

Not a big Clannad fan either but I included them as most people have heard of them Razz

Also Arrested Development are there! Not heard anything of them for years Very Happy

And who can forget Mr Wendal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cHOc5t6yaE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Days Festival   Beautiful Days Festival EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 1:16 pm

The Levellers are playing at the Plympton Volkfest this year, I'm tempted.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Days Festival   Beautiful Days Festival EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 1:24 pm

beautiful days started as a levellers festival, anti corporate, but now... oh dear.

if you want a truly independant festival... off the tracks, no sponsors, real beer as no brewery affiliation, proper job scrumpy, always good music and the kids have a laugh too as my misses runs the kids area. join the ott family, whitsun bank holiday weekend then again in august/september
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Days Festival   Beautiful Days Festival EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 1:26 pm

I have several friends that do the beautiful days, I also know some travellers and they get let in for free! I might make the effort to go this year, all depends on funds though and I am off to Portugal for a month in August, you can't do it all as my wife tells me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Days Festival   Beautiful Days Festival EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 1:27 pm

Just seen the dates, I will be in Portugal.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Days Festival   Beautiful Days Festival EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:09 pm

Have u still got ur Muse tickets Jocko?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Days Festival   Beautiful Days Festival EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:48 pm

I'm having one in my back yard this year. Hairy Fest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Days Festival   Beautiful Days Festival EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:51 pm

It's a bleddy Karaoke with the star turn being me and two sibling hairies singing the Smurf song. Worth a look though.
Back to top Go down
Argyle Fans' Trust

Argyle Fans' Trust

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Days Festival   Beautiful Days Festival EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:59 pm

hairy j wrote:
I'm having one in my back yard this year. Hairy Fest.

Awesome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Days Festival   Beautiful Days Festival EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 10:31 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Yes mate. You looking to buy?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Days Festival   Beautiful Days Festival EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:12 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I'd love to but its unlikely cos I'm all over the place with work at the minute, so wouldn't know until about Mid-May whether I'd be off that weekend or not. Also I think it's the PGA golf at Wentworth that weekend too and am sposed to be going there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Days Festival   Beautiful Days Festival EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:15 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I'd love to but its unlikely cos I'm all over the place with work at the minute, so wouldn't know until about Mid-May whether I'd be off that weekend or not. Also I think it's the PGA golf at Wentworth that weekend too and am sposed to be going there!

Yeah it's the bank holiday weekend at the end of May.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Days Festival   Beautiful Days Festival Empty

Back to top Go down

Beautiful Days Festival
Page 1 of 1