Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?

Go down 
+4
Czarcasm
mouldyoldgoat
seadog
Tringreen
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:20 pm

knecht wrote:
I have no problem with the mural at all. It may be a picture of Noddy but it surely represents all fans - past, present & future.

As for Shilton - he is part of our history, a top international player and managed one of our best sides.

Once you accept the murals are going up, this isn't a bad one.

I have to disagree with you there Knecht, I think it looks fookin awful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:05 pm

Greenjock wrote:
knecht wrote:
I have no problem with the mural at all. It may be a picture of Noddy but it surely represents all fans - past, present & future.

As for Shilton - he is part of our history, a top international player and managed one of our best sides.

I wasn't meaning what it looks like. I was meaning the people in it. I agree, it doesn't look good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:08 pm

knecht wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
knecht wrote:

I wasn't meaning what it looks like. I was meaning the people in it. I agree, it doesn't look good.

Oh yeah I have no problem in the subjects, if there have to be murals at all, just the quality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:12 pm

i still cant work out why the image quality is always so crap. surely a decent computer design thingeee should be able to do it better .
ive got a great new pig picture on the go,would look great in the ground .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:45 pm

Greenjock wrote:
knecht wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
knecht wrote:

Oh yeah I have no problem in the subjects, if there have to be murals at all, just the quality.

These godforsaken Murals are actually not Murals strictly speaking, the designs are printed on  pieces of perspex which are then attached to the Entrance type thingys ..they can be removed just as quickly as they were put up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:48 pm

I hate to say this but they are better than having a blank wall and at least the design is consistent. Once you start these things they need to continue through to the end. I am not sure any other Club in the Country does this and it cannot be easy to please everyone.

As Punchy says, they can be removed as quickly as they are put up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:12 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
i still cant work out why the image quality is always so crap. surely a decent computer design thingeee should be able to do it better .  

Maybe we could enquire about sponsoring our own vom Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Yea Man wrote:

LOl... Not a snowballs chance in hell of that ever happening.

Worth an inquiry though, just to rattle the pig's pen and to force an official denial.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:21 pm

Rickler wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

LOl...  Not a snowballs chance in hell of that ever happening.

Worth an inquiry though, just to rattle the pig's pen and to force an official denial.

That would be really good and Alanotivvy's got a great picture of a pig in an Argyle shirt he's just got to add some white feathers to and it's completed lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:45 pm

for something that could have worked so well gets ruined by ian and nikkkkk's ego.

I still want one covering the team from the late 20's early 30's when the club had bob jack, jack leslie, Fred Craig and Moses Russell all worthy of having one and should have one if there is any justice.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Rickler wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Uh-oh...

Seems I spoke too soon

It appears the pigs generosity might not extend to anything not sponsored by FES?

Newell on Pasoti wrote:
Not really Mr Nuts, the murals have been far too much hassle to be honest.

Bearing in mind that the 'Vision Away Stand' is sponsored by someone else, it begs the question why should FES/FIL do it, and if we do, who pays what to PAFC.

The pee taking comments from the North West decided it. Perhaps someone else would like the hassle, but I don't that's for sure.

All it needs is for someone to arrange and pay for the design, arrange and pay for the sign writers, and then arrange and pay for the 'hosting' of the murals.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=77260&start=75
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:40 pm

Rickler wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Uh-oh...

Seems I spoke too soon

It appears the pigs generosity might not extend to anything not sponsored by FES?

Newell on Pasoti wrote:
Not really Mr Nuts, the murals have been far too much hassle to be honest.

Bearing in mind that the 'Vision Away Stand' is sponsored by someone else, it begs the question why should FES/FIL do it, and if we do, who pays what to PAFC.

The pee taking comments from the North West decided it. Perhaps someone else would like the hassle, but I don't that's for sure.

All it needs is for someone to arrange and pay for the design, arrange and pay for the sign writers, and then arrange and pay for the 'hosting' of the murals.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=77260&start=75

I guess we're the pee taking North West?

And I thought he didn't read this place?

lol! 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:45 pm

alannotivvy wrote:

The images are just being manipulated. If you want something this big, Jamesy whatsisname would have to trace them using something like indesign or photoshop and end up with a vector image. It doesn't take that long with something like this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:05 pm

The piss taking northwest is Manchester based Pasoti posters I believe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:49 pm

i may have the piggy pic done in 3 days, is about 4'x 2'  :lol:just gotta paint aload of white feathers falling
onto porky
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:08 pm

knecht wrote:

Happen to agree with you on that Knecht. I had more issue with Shilton than I did Noddy. Seeing his face again made me smile. Good memories.

Quality not great but better than blank walls.

p.s what about the guy who bit off Reilly's ear? Was anyone ever found guilty of that?
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:13 pm

I don't see why Shilton gets one. What the hell did he win ? He came 3rd got knocked out of play offs in first round and then got relegated.

Yes they played great football. But where did it get them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Shilton was convicted of drink driving recently aswell.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/former-england-goalkeeper-peter-shilton-banned-from-driving-after-admitting-alcohol-offence-8540444.html
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:48 pm

Well what a example to youngsters who go home after seeing his mural and google his name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Shilton was convicted of drink driving recently aswell.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/former-england-goalkeeper-peter-shilton-banned-from-driving-after-admitting-alcohol-offence-8540444.html

Its all a joke..and the fat controller and his mate Nickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk are the ones calling the shots, not us mere plebs....paving the way for a Mural of that piece of shit and his mate Webb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:24 pm

hairy j wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

The images are just being manipulated. If you want something this big, Jamesy whatsisname would have to trace them using something like indesign or photoshop and end up with a vector image. It doesn't take that long with something like this.

Says alot about his skills when average joes in northern ireland can create life like murals with a paintbrush at very little cost and all of his are basic templates that are too dark and are pricey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?   Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where's Dane's Thread Gone? also, where's GOB?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3