Tringreen
Elias
mouldyoldgoat
pepsipete
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Powers of the MOD - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:16 pm

So is this thread now Charlie vs Angry?
It's like the WWF around here.

Night y'all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:20 pm

Jocks game of scrabble with hairy obviously means a lot to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:23 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Jocks game of scrabble with hairy obviously means a lot to him.

lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:47 pm

Angry wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
For what it's worth, I've held my peace since the elections after Angry sent me an abusive PM as he read the mod room threads where his previous behaviour had been discussed. He ignored the fact that it was me that suggested no mod room threads were deleted to allow the incoming mods full and complete access to the history. He also ignored the fact that I also encouraged him to continue his election campaign after he withdrew half way through. I'm led to believe he took it upon himself to delete threads in the modroom that referred to him in not particularly glowing terms.

It saddens me to say it, as any volunteer willing to do his shift should be encouraged and applauded, but anybody that really wants to be a mod...shouldn't be. I'm confident that the remaining mod team will continue to moderate the site in the low key way that suits thus site so well.

You are two faced and sly charlie i wont apologies for that and im not going to deny i sent you an pm telling you that either you.
After reading your many unsavory comments but me and others i was quite stunned by them like you say you did encourage my elections and been cool with me on the forums so i was literally amazed by them. It was an eye opener.

However with that pm i sent you had what you denied everyone you slagged off in the mod room, the right to reply to it. I see you now rather than talk to me and try and resolve this you chose to carry on bitching in private to "others" and wait till i left the mod team to come out with it.

But as was said at the time Angry those comments were made a long time ago, 6 months I think atleast.

You'd just had a flounce and deleted your account again over something that had happened that upset you.

The mod room is there for the mods to have private discussions about things that happen on the forum and sometimes it's used to vent their spleen privately with other mods who can share those feelings.

Charlie was the one who suggested we leave every single thread in the mod room there for the newbies to read if they so wished. Nothing was deleted or edited.

You chose to trawl through hundreds of posts to find something and then deleted it for some bizarre reason as nobody apart from mods could see it anyway and the thread hadn't even been commented on in months.

You had an "explanation" at the time from every mod and Frank even gave you one as he was still around at that point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:49 pm

i'll be fair as i think its only fair to be

i didn't resign because of hairy and sensible Its wrong to think it was because of them and what they posted as some have said yes it would be silly to quit over that. Sorry to those two if i gave that impression but in the interest of fairness i should make that clear it wasn't. The whole thing did make me want to end my time sooner than i planned that's bit is true but nothing more than that.

I wanted out for a few reasons which i wont go into because there that would be boring but in a nutshell it wasn't working with me on the mod team clearly and i obviously was causing too much hassle for some.

I worked with 4 good admin guys and 2 good and fair keyholders who after a shakey start caused by me were nothing but helpful and welcoming to me and i apologies to them for not informing them first before walking. I did enjoy working with you all.

I am staying on the forum however i wont ever stand again no worries there and i don't plan to defect to the farm either as i have no reason too i'm not desperate for nool love like a certain ex atd member on there is and cerbs too.

i hope to build bridges with the few i fell out with and move on from this asap.

Lets make ATD everything pasoti isnt fun and a laugh and not about popcorn time ;)they will sue us for trademark on that front.

Last edited by Angry on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:57 pm

Well it seems to me that you need the thick skin of a rhino to be a mod.

If you haven't then you shouldn't be a mod and you shouldn't use your position to your advantage when you are....so maybe Angry stepping down is for the best.

........and it all started with little ole sensible deciding he should break his duck and post his first thread....who would of believed it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Angry wrote:
i'll be fair as i think its only fair to be

i didn't resign because of hairy and sensible Its wrong to think it was because of them and what they posted as some have said yes it would be silly to quit over that. Sorry to those two if i gave that impression but in the interest of fairness i should make that clear it wasn't. The whole thing did make me want to end my time sooner than i planned that's bit is true but nothing more than that.

I wanted out for a few reasons which i wont go into because there that would be boring but in a nutshell it wasn't working with me on the mod team clearly and i obviously was causing too much hassle for some.

I worked with 5 good admin guys and 2 good and fair keyholders who after a shakey start caused by me were nothing but helpful and welcoming to me and i apologies to them for not informing them first before walking. I did enjoy working with you all.

I am staying on the forum however i wont ever stand again no worries there and i don't plan to defect to the farm either as i have no reason too i'm not desperate for nool love like a certain ex atd member on there is and cerbs too.

i hope to build bridges with the few i fell out with and move on from this asap.

Lets make ATD everything pasoti isnt fun and a laugh and not about popcorn time ;)they will sue us for trademark on that front.

Good for you Angry, that deserves respect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:03 pm

There's a reason why newell couldn't handle many of us, we're an ugly bunch of misfitted wankers and nobody likes us, including us jocolor 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:11 pm

Thank you for the clarification on that score Angry although I suspect some will continue to believe what suits them. Contrary (that's my middle name by the way) to some belief I don't hold any grudge either and was only making a point with this thread in the first place as Mouldy pointed out a few pages ago. I look forward to arguing with you somewhere soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:20 pm

If I could do quotes I'd quote ss68, and if I could do smileys I'd pop one in as well but I can't so I'll just have to say it with words.

I quite like hairy and sensible, did long before hairy became my scrabble bitch, and I think they both have something useful to say on here. It might just be that I like hairys humour and the way he posts something fuckin annoying but funny when he's getting some stick. It took a few months to work out his humour but like mocks irreverent ramblings, it appeals to me like the mighty boosh does.

I also admire sensible for sticking to his guns. He's a bit of an aviva but he isn't an ass-licker and he's sussed Webb out and doesn't like Pasoti. He's giving Brent the benefit of the doubt for now and doesn't get involved in the forum wars so where's the harm in that? I give people far more stick if they get on my tits but I am proud that it's because I'm passionate and not because I'm after anything.

If we didn't have the odd difference of opinion about things on here then it would just be a bunch of old men bitching about everything, which is how Pasoti posters tend to see us. ATD is far more than that IMO, and the humour sets it apart from other sites.

It is a bit cliquey and if you're not an old hand then it's a bit of a minefield for new posters, and yet sensibles been on here for quite a while now and is still always given stick, strange really.

Again that post by ss68 made me lol and that's what I love about this place. I can't be fecked holding a grudge on here, although I've given loads of posters abuse, it's just how I am. Everyone's different, and thats why there will be the odd spat from time to time, but see how gob and Tring went at each other last year? They both still post and just get on with it. They probably still don't see eye to eye about lots of things but it doesn't stop them both being able to post.

Now ss68 do you fancy a game of scrabble? It'll be nice to have someone else join us for a threesome x x x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:24 pm

The scrabble is shit since facebook feked around with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:30 pm

Words with friends gob on your phone and Facebook although I've never played via Facebook. I've never played the scrabble on Facebook either because it doesn't work on this phone for some reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:33 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Thank you for the clarification on that score Angry although I suspect some will continue to believe what suits them.    Contrary (that's my middle name by the way) to some belief I don't hold any grudge either and was only making a point with this thread in the first place as Mouldy pointed out a few pages ago.     I look forward to arguing with you somewhere soon.

the poll's purpose was merely to see who was right you or i nowt more than that apologies if it was seen as "abusive".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Words with friends gob on your phone and Facebook although I've never played via Facebook. I've never played the scrabble on Facebook either because it doesn't work on this phone for some reason.

Is that one of those app things then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:55 pm

It wasn't seen as abusive by me Angry and nothing I put on that thread said I thought it was. My only beef as I've said was that you took it upon yourself to move posts for no good reason when there are hundreds of off topic posts on ATD. I haven't used the word "bullying" in any response or post either. I'm a bit too old to think of it as that and have a slightly thicker skin than that anyway. It was an abuse of power as I saw it however which was more concerning and the point I was making. No resigning matter for me just a lesson in life and if it isn't too late then you should resume.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 12:48 am

Greenjock wrote:
This thread is feckin hilarious and the reason ATD is worth bothering with.

Really sensible and hairy have bullied angry into going? Come on, if anyone's been bullied its sensible because he doesn't just go with the flow. Yes he's a cantankerous old fucker but good on him.

There's a bit of a clash of personalities here and that's all. If anyone truly believes that they would let their father take the shit sensible has put up with and not have a go back then I would say that your'e not much of a son.

What exactly has sensible done that's so bad? He isn't sure about Brent yet and finds all the Newell bashing boring, although he does agree that Chris Webb is a tw@t.

Hairy is an annoying fucker sometimes but even a thick cnut like me realises it's mainly tongue in cheek and he's winding people up for a reaction because some people rise to it. His animations are a bit annoying but the Danny Devito one tonight made me properly laugh out loud.

The suggestion that hairy or his dad are on a par or worse than Newell is pathetic. Sensibles views are based on the fact that he is grateful that Argyle is still alive and he isn't afraid to have his say even though it goes against what the majority on here believe. The fact that he can't stand Pasoti and prefers ATD should be applauded and lively debate should be possible but for some reason him posting is like a red rag to a bull for some people.

I hope angry has a think about his resignation and decides to stay on and a line is drawn under this and everyone gets along with each other, fall in love and have fluffy lickle baby ATD'ers that can fly, swim and are telepathic.

New medication?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 1:17 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It wasn't seen as abusive by me Angry and nothing I put on that thread said I thought it was.    My only beef as I've said was that you took it upon yourself to move posts for no good reason when there are hundreds of off topic posts on ATD.    I haven't used the word "bullying" in any response or post either.    I'm a bit too old to think of it as that and have a slightly thicker skin than that anyway.    It was an abuse of power as I saw it however which was more concerning and the point I was making.     No resigning matter for me just a lesson in life and if it isn't too late then you should resume.          

That's the problem Sensible loads of threads on here do go off topic your right. It shouldn't be on all the time but there is no point in trying to fight it in most cases and pointless in others. People get upset if you move un related stuff elsewhere to be continued on undisturbed or upset that the issue of the thread is being buried because of off topic stuff. Its been done before you may just haven't noticed its only when i did it it was. No one is ever happy either way.
It wasn't personal sorry if may have felt it was but how can you have a debate about on a subject for example marvin morgan signing if that subject has 3 conversations going on in the thread at the same time about ian newell, james brent or ironing! it just becomes a clusterfuck aat the end of the day nd off putting for newbs and others. As a mod you have to make decisions to try and please everyone only i didn't succeed and i admit that but i was prepared to try unlike a reluctant few.
Back to top Go down
Greengiant

Greengiant

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 2:02 am

Powers of the MOD - Page 4 Spoof_ad_moral_highhorse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 5:49 am

GOB wrote:

There's a reason why newell couldn't handle many of us, we're an ugly bunch of misfitted wankers and nobody likes us, including us jocolor 

BOOM.rendeer  (I think that's today's equivalent of us old fuckers saying 'Nail on the head'.) Well said, Del.

Having been away for a few days and a bit behind all of the latest ATD scandal, I can confirm this thread has reinforced my view, that, ATD is positively the best football forum I have ever had the (mis)fortune to be part of.clown 

God bless you ATD and all who sail in her.

Now, let's get Punchie wunchie in as replacement MOD. I think he, and myself came 4th - but, on reflection, I think he's a more educated wanker than I am, although I am complete cnut and would probably stab someone to death and put thier dog in a microwave if they dished out too much abuse to me, if I were ever a mod.

Right, where's my Cheerios.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:03 am

I can't find the thread with the results of the ATD election. Who came 4th? I'm sure Punchie didn't get more votes than I did. I'd rather see the remaining mods stay on with one less mod. Either that or Angry could come back and try not to moderate everything in sight like Super Mod.

I see that Angry's come back to post that it was all blown out of proportion and it wasn't 'abuse' etc.and if some people believed he'd been hounded out by a "troll family", they were wrong. Those people probably got that impression from an earlier post.

Angry wrote:
well after the day of abuse from sensible and hairy i happy to say that i have quit as admin on here a descion i have taken myself and annoucning now so the mods will know at the same time as others.

I'm not going to be labeled as a hitler, have pm's with abuse or basically put up with this shit everytime for merely moving some posts into another that were unrelated to the topic.

Good luck to whoever wants the job im sure there will be an election i vote for punchdrunk as he came 4th but im out.

Wut?

My advice though - stop taking everything so personally and mod the forum with moderation.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:15 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
For what it's worth, I've held my peace since the elections after Angry sent me an abusive PM as he read the mod room threads where his previous behaviour had been discussed. He ignored the fact that it was me that suggested no mod room threads were deleted to allow the incoming mods full and complete access to the history. He also ignored the fact that I also encouraged him to continue his election campaign after he withdrew half way through. I'm led to believe he took it upon himself to delete threads in the modroom that referred to him in not particularly glowing terms.

It saddens me to say it, as any volunteer willing to do his shift should be encouraged and applauded, but anybody that really wants to be a mod...shouldn't be. I'm confident that the remaining mod team will continue to moderate the site in the low key way that suits thus site so well.

Hear, hear !
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:41 am

hairy j wrote:
I can't find the thread with the results of the ATD election. Who came 4th? I'm sure Punchie didn't get more votes than I did. I'd rather see the remaining mods stay on with one less mod. Either that or Angry could come back and try not to moderate everything in sight like Super Mod.

I see that Angry's come back to post that it was all blown out of proportion and it wasn't 'abuse' etc.and if some people believed he'd been hounded out by a "troll family", they were wrong. Those people probably got that impression from an earlier post.

Angry wrote:
well after the day of abuse from sensible and hairy i happy to say that i have quit as admin on here a descion i have taken myself and annoucning now so the mods will know at the same time as others.

I'm not going to be labeled as a hitler, have pm's with abuse or basically put up with this shit everytime for merely moving some posts into another that were unrelated to the topic.

Good luck to whoever wants the job im sure there will be an election i vote for punchdrunk as he came 4th but im out.

Wut?

My advice though - stop taking everything so personally and mod the forum with moderation.

The thread was moved to the mod board after the election so here are the votes...

Iggy 31 votes
Jock 28
Angry 27
Hairy 17
Punchy 13
Person of Interest 13
Happy Daze 7 (despite withdrawing)
Mock 1 (despite not standing)
Dane 1

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:59 am

Let's try with just 4 mods and the two keyholders, who are both active anyway, shall we ?

It would appear that they all get on and have the balance about right.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:15 am

Tringreen wrote:
Let's try with just 4 mods and the two keyholders, who are both active anyway, shall we ?

It would appear that they all get on and have the balance about right.

There's 5 mods- you probably forgot Mockers (we often do Laughing ). I've stepped back quite a bit from Modding due to personal commitments and some others have done the same to allow the newer mods to carry out the modding work to get them up to speed with it. At the moment I'd agree that we don't need another Mod (this may change when the season starts or if Brentral (retail) Park gets approved Very Happy ).

Angry (in my opinion) did some positive things for the site in his short modding spell. I'm glad that he has decided to continue posting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:38 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Angry wrote:

The thread was moved to the mod board after the election so here are the votes...

Iggy 31 votes
Jock 28
Angry 27
Hairy 17
Punchy 13
Person of Interest 13
Happy Daze 7 (despite withdrawing)
Mock 1 (despite not standing)
Dane 1

Oh dear look who came 4th !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content