Tringreen
Elias
mouldyoldgoat
pepsipete
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Powers of the MOD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Admittedly i'm relatively new to this site but i'm shocked at the amount of petty bickering between fellow posters that i've noticed over the past week or two. Has it always been this way ?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:05 pm

IsThatHHP? wrote:
Admittedly i'm relatively new to this site but i'm shocked at the amount of petty bickering between fellow posters that i've noticed over the past week or two. Has it always been this way ?

It's not that bad, if you ignore a lot of the inane drivel and cock measuring.Embarassed 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:13 pm

I agree with Tring.

It's taking a while for fans to adjust to a different type of forum after years of being force fed, but we're getting there. The thing is, with the freedoms that we have there's a cost and that cost is paid via having to take a bit of shit sometimes and we need a slightly thicker skin than is needed on other less free and independent sites that have owners with agendas.

I'm sorry that Angry has resigned, but was it really worth resigning over?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:46 pm

Agree with Tring and GOB, yes it's not that bad and yes people need to be thick skinned and not take offence so easily (Angry) but some of it just seems so juvenile and pointless, this is a crucial time for the club on and off the pitch thus providing important topics to be discussed, unlike a few recent threads on this forum. Maybe i just need to lighten up a bit ? are the Brent/Akkeron proposals driving me mad ? pass me the valium !!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:02 pm

Angry wrote:
well after the day of abuse from sensible and hairy i happy to say that i have quit as admin on here a descion i have taken myself and annoucning now so the mods will know at the same time as others.

I'm not going to be labeled as a hitler, have pm's with abuse or basically put up with this shit everytime for merely moving some posts into another that were unrelated to the topic.

Good luck to whoever wants the job im sure there will be an election i vote for punchdrunk as he came 4th but im out.

Punchdrunk didn't come 4th and for the record, I didn't send Angry a pm. It's ok to rename a thread "hairy j is a bell-end" as that's not abuse. It's also ok to sticky a thread and start a poll to take the piss out of someone.

You can dish it out but flounce when you get some back. I don't think half if what I posted was abusive and you chose to be offended - it was so childish (and I made a point of being as childish as possible) and I'm amazed you took it seriously.

I don't think you should resign but that's up to you.

Last edited by hairy j on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:05 pm

Now if this was on pasoti it would be interesting, but on here it's normal lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Spot on Mouldy.

GOB where are you in the world if it was Sunday afternoon when I posted?   I didn't expect an answer and to be frank am not that bothered there hasn't been one because as Mouldy says I was making a point.    What I said above is true.    There are hundreds of threads that go off subject and nobody  moves anything much.    Angry however, because he presumably dioesn't like something feels free to move it.    That is personal censoring on a personal whim.    That is not the remit of a MOD.    I might add that I've seen a number of questions asked of Mods on here when something has been decided and many join in with their opinions on it so this isn't anything new.  

I wouldn't be a Mod either not that I have any technical expertise to even consider it anyway.    It can be thankless at times but having not criticised a Mod decision previously I just feel that it isn't their job to be have a personal input when they simply feel like it just because they don't agree with somebody.    

ps.     I noticed the switch Iggy but thought using the name Nobber1 wasn't very flattering.    If you'd used Nobber12" I'd have ignored it.    

Sorry you've totally lost me there? I didn't switch anything it was me taking the piss, sorry to confuse old man.

Angry gone over this? Where's Hairy with his handbag smilies?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:38 pm

I can't find a really good one.

Powers of the MOD - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_mkl2w2KyOm1qz4rgp
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:53 pm

Shocking that angry is bullied of being a mod by cock and son, we had an election hairycock got less votes than nool, shocked really that the troll family are aloud to continue posting on here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:54 pm

Tringreen wrote:
lol! What a fabulously amusing thread......................... in a sad and pee stained sort of way:twisted: 

.......and not a grandstand mentioned anywhere.......it is possible to have another life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:58 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Shocking that angry is bullied of being a mod by cock and son, we had an election hairycock got less votes than nool, shocked really that the troll family are aloud to continue posting on here.

Please get real........sensible took far more flack......obvious that angry can give it but can't take it.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:18 pm

I'm sure the remaining mods can cope without Angry's input. They all possess the humour and sense of proportion, necessary to not get too involved.
Those who take simple wind ups too seriously are not ATD style mod material.................. imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:31 pm

3 adults behaving like wankers, simple as. We've all done it and we will all probably do it again, it's no big deal and it's no big deal on this thread either. Life goes on, Angry will continue to post, ATD will go from strength to strength and life goes on. Power to wankers everywhere I say clown 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:08 pm

I'm not an adult. I take massive offence at that. Poor old super-mod Angry was abusive to sensiblegreeny and I gave him some back. Poor old sensiblegreeny has been tarred by association here rather than doing anything wrong. It was all my fault as I didn't just sit back and watch some idiot abuse and ridicule an old man.

Let's look at bullying - boring bloke, hairycock, cock and son, troll family. Stickying a poll thread to mock, changing a thread title to "hairy j is a bell-end", splitting a thread and then renaming it again... pathetic. It genuinely doesn't bother me - I've had much worse. What I do object to though is the abject hypocrisy of some people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:18 pm

hairy j wrote:
I'm not an adult. I take massive offence at that. Poor old super-mod Angry was abusive to sensiblegreeny and I gave him some back. Poor old sensiblegreeny has been tarred by association here rather than doing anything wrong. It was all my fault as I didn't just sit back and watch some idiot abuse and ridicule an old man.

Let's look at bullying - boring bloke, hairycock, cock and son, troll family. Stickying a poll thread to mock, changing a thread title to "hairy j is a bell-end", splitting a thread and then renaming it again... pathetic. It genuinely doesn't bother me - I've had much worse. What I do object to though is the abject hypocrisy of some people.

Cough splutter..are you being serious?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:20 pm

Fairynuff Hairy you bell end, but will you be playing the defender for all or is it just a family thing and let's be honest about it, the old fella is pretty quick to point fingers himself on quite a few occasions as well as the name calling bit.

You make a fair comment about stickying a thread though, I don't think that any mod should use powers in a debate that others don't have, the rest of your whinging is just that though, whinging.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:21 pm

Yes. And I quote - "kiss my sphincter". Blame me for having a go at Angry as I did obviously upset him but blaming sensiblegreeny for this is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:22 pm

GOB wrote:
Fairynuff Hairy you bell end, but will you be playing the defender for all or is it just a family thing and let's be honest about it, the old fella is pretty quick to point fingers himself on quite a few occasions as well as the name calling bit.

You make a fair comment about stickying a thread though, I don't think that any mod should use powers in a debate that others don't have, the rest of your whinging is just that though, whinging.

I'd even defend you if I had to. Not punchie though, he smells funny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:23 pm

hairy j wrote:

Dont make out your innocent you've been picking on angry ever since he got elected, your a bully boy just like your gobshite oldman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:25 pm

hairy j wrote:
GOB wrote:

I'd even defend you if I had to. Not punchie though, he smells funny.

That's not a boast, is it? clown 

I would defend Newells' right to express an opinion if he had the balls to come on here because it's something I believe in, I still think the guy's a prize cnut though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:32 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Dont make out your innocent you've been picking on angry ever since he got elected, your a bully boy just like your gobshite oldman.

Have I bollocks - I "picked on him" way before then. WTF? Picked on? Is this a playground? Jesus.

Like I've said, if you dish it out, you should take it. I've never complained once when you've told me to "feck off" suffered and that is a very regular occurance. I think it's quite cute actually.

Last edited by hairy j on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:33 pm

hairy j wrote:
Yes. And I quote - "kiss my sphincter". Blame me for having a go at Angry as I did obviously upset him but blaming sensiblegreeny for this is ridiculous.

There is no smoke without fire Hairy.
You always bang on about "giving it back" or whatever,you sound a bit like Newell, its so hypocritical its unbelievable .
And you can still kiss my arse x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm

"Bullying"? "Picking on"? Sometimes that's what we do best. Luckily in amongst all that there are posters with good points to make in the debates.

As an admin team we need to be more willing to challenge individuals' decisions in the mod room. It's OK to disagree - by doing that and listening is how we create trust.

For what it's worth .... I didn't take much exception to any of hairy's response to Angry except his mocking of someone's ability to write "proper English". Dyslexia may or may not be a real disability but having a go at someone's language skills is so boring!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:37 pm

MODS! The nasty man called me a Newell.
MODDDDSSSSS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:43 pm

hairy j wrote:
MODS! The nasty man called me a Newell.
MODDDDSSSSS!
I prefer newell to you all day long, you're that much of a cnut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Powers of the MOD   Powers of the MOD - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Powers of the MOD
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: