Mapperley, darling
Tgwu
GM Vauxhall
Chemical Ali
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage

PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Trust in Brent, I won't have a bad word said about that man, his lip quivered, I've met his family and looked him in the eye.

Rovers get a too notch 20k stadium to he proud of.

We get a pile of shite.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:27 am

The front of Plymouth Argyle Football Club...

Stuck down a back alley.

Beware - it's a shocking sight --

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Edited to add copy of image:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Rickler on Fri May 31, 2013 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:33 am

Just had another look and for me it is far too cramped - this is a big mistake, at least one of the 3 new builds has to move to a different site!! This is a typical cut & shut development and looks like they have made it up as they went along - if this goes through without major ammends, the planner want shooting!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:38 am

Rickler wrote:

Stuck down a back alley.

Hadn't got to this little gem yet - surely H&S are going to rip this apart? Gets worst by the click!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:43 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Stuck down a back alley.

Hadn't got to this little gem yet - surely H&S are going to rip this apart? Gets worst by the click!!

Brace yourself Bandy.

We are a football club squeezed into a development.

Is there still a studio school there? Brent will need those 14-19 year olds to get free work experience in the hospitality and tourism industry. I wonder where they could give up their free labour. What we really need there is a hotel and hospitality areas....
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:50 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
So from seeing Newell on the farm post, he wants when burton come to town is for dad to watch the football, mother to go shopping, kids to go to the ice rink. Now we know more about this development, mum cn get a but of work done on her teeth whilst the kids Get a lesson in school. Win/win!!!? cheers

Oh hang on what's that? Why don't they all watch tha football match at the family club of the year which has Muriel's and has placed a first in football family stand specially so it doesn'tl get in the way of webby forza merde,

Actually who gives a feck. I'm a face now and I get to get to my lunch in the directors box. I'd rather we areshit in case someone serious about the football turns up and realises what a clown me n' webby really are pig

That's about the size of it regarding brent's version of fans' representation.

Very sad but so typically janner.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:53 am

LOl...

Looking at that picture... The cinema is twice as grand as our grandstand.

How many seats in that bad boy, and at what cost?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:54 am

PAFC's iconic 'grandstand', in the shadow of a cinema, ice rink and hotel. Expand that, you to$$ers !

You really couldn't make it up.

All that is now needed is nool's lighthouse, warning people to stay away or become terminally Aviva.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 6:05 am

Rickler wrote:

Stuck down a back alley.

Edited to add copy of image:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hadn't seen that yesterday....

What the feck is that?!

I once again refer you to the recent plans for Bristol Rovers and in a bullseye kinda way, this is what you coulda won.

The avivas have the club they deserve, if this monstrosity gets built Brent and Jones can stick it up their arse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 6:22 am

Is it me or is it only the white structure on top of the stand that makes it the same size as the cinema? I thought a big issue with this development was that the structures had to be the same size. In terms of the true height of the buildings the cinema looks taller to me.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 6:41 am

Has anyone considered that Brent might have studied Argyle history and discovered Bobby Williamson to have been a sage?

"If you want entertainment go to the cinema?"
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 6:46 am

Friends of Central Park are incandescent with rage over this. They've been leafleting Stoke and Milehouse asking for support against the development. This hideous pile of shite with a ministand added on as an afterthought must NEVER be built. Is br*nt trying to break the world record of how many completely random buildings he can fit into a small area? Argyle and the people of Plymouth are being stitched up by this money grabbing banker and he must NEVER be allowed to get away with it! And the utter contempt with which Argyle is being treated by this individual with the main entrance to the stadium hidden away behind all the other crap down some dark alley is f***ing outrageous. Even I didn't think it would be this bad.

MASSIVE FAIL

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 6:58 am

And for decades to come, when the odd 'big' fish visits England's largest city club never to have shown ambition they will say,

" So this is Home Park. If we'd known it was this small, you could have all come to our house !! "

And there will be the nool n where's webby, chopsin about plaaaaastics, praaaaaaper faaaaans and apathetic janners. Isn't it ironic, dontchafink ???? Geddon..........

All aboard the black paaaaaasty to Burton Albion No
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:31 am

Defo gonna need bird protection on those roofs
Back to top Go down
Gareth Nicholson

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:38 am

Peggy * wrote:
Well. I've just had a read of the statement of community involvement. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

There's no mention of the Trust anywhere that I can find, but it does talk about a Grandstand Working Group that started meeting nearly a year ago and apparently included "fans' representatives" - that'll be Newell and Webb then, representing ... umm ... themselves.

(By the way, gold star to the porcine one for managing to keep quiet about his involvement in this for so long. That's got to be a first.)

And so it continues ... The best bit, though, is this:

Akkeron wrote:
All enquiries received, either through the public exhibition or in writing, have been handled promptly by Akkeron

Now to get stuck into the plans themselves ... I may be some time.

I love how the Akkeron board also consulted with the PAFC Board. That must have been a really difficult conversation for James bRent to have with himself.

I would be interested to see this "stakeholder matrix" so we can nail down once and for all that the nominated mode of dialogue between the club and the fans was entirely excluded from this until the point where everybody else knew.

"Fans representatives" in this document should be read as "the hand-picked few we could guarantee would support in public whatever we did but we might throw them the odd bone sometime."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:59 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Stuck down a back alley.

My thoughts also, Bandy. Surely if an instance occurs when we get a big crowd, there's something going on at the ice-rink, people from the hotel and the life center, all milling around a confined area - surely there's definite H&S issue here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:10 am

How anybody can say that Brent deserves to build on this scale at HP is quite frankly one of them and not worthy of discussion at this juncture, words fail me.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:14 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Stuck down a back alley.

That alleyway gets more ridiculous when you consider the access to the half the lower tier ~1700 is either down it followed by 24 steps or up a ramp past the barn park end turnstiles and the entrance to the underground car park. Wonder what D&C police will have to say as I doubt a hooligan could have asked for a better scenario.

Talking of the Barn Park bottle neck the transport sections admit that the access road around the concourse would have to be shut for large crowds and vehicle access will be along the second access road for service vehicles across the front of the Life Centre ( thought this was a no-no when AFT WG suggested it), Interestingly the cross sections contradict this as they show two way traffic between the Life Centre and Ice Rink. Access continues down the service road suitable for HGV's next to Gilbert Lane (take those exhaust fumes pesky green lung) and around the hotel.

Unfortunately for Akkeron this is where they become unstuck with this plan as the road around the hotel on the detailed plans and sections is described as Emergency access as 3.725m wide carraigeway and 2.6m wide footpath so is not suitable for two way traffic. It then ends with a totally unsuitable T junction with two way traffic outside the Barn park End away fans entrance. This section of road and junction will have to be widened and improved to be considered suitable for two way traffic putting it outside PAFC leased land as well as the AAP limits of development, which parts of the Hotel are already outside.

The transport sections also describe traffic calming being required along the Lyndhurst stretch of concourse with single lane bits near the steps, presumably "give way to oncoming traffic" restrictions becoming common place around the city. The cross sections show the road and pavement split with widths TBC (to be confirmed), but the road shown ain't the 7.3m wide it needs to be for Highways Agency standards.

As an aside the feckin CGI's should be removed from the website as they mislead and contradict the engineering drawings in nearly every detail.
The nice mini-piazza between Life Centre and Ice Rink isn't as flat as it is made out and the bottleneck at entrance to the alleyway doesn't show the stairways down to the morlock level concourse.

Happy digging, but there is enough above to put a hold on the planning application.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:14 am

Pokesdown wrote:
Is it me or is it only the white structure on top of the stand that makes it the same size as the cinema? I thought a big issue with this development was that the structures had to be the same size. In terms of the true height of the buildings the cinema looks taller to me.

I think the whole image is lopsided which gives that effect. It's still a pile of steaming shit though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:43 am

Newell loves his city, apparently because he can leave his car and return to it a few hours later and it's still there! I know some people that could help out on that one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gareth Nicholson

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:05 am

Bullshit Rodeo is chillingly familiar. Especially when you consider the greasing up to Ridsdale.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:10 am

It's been going on for years and years.

Your banned Tringy ! I'll never hear a bad word against that men and his lovely family !

Trust in Stapes, the organic model, year on year progress, an established championship side, enjoy the ride !

Along comes the reluctant bidder, bristling with silly hats n titles and hey presto ! the Aviva controllers, via their farm, have the keys to the sweet shop !

Brent is able to get on with his real business interest. Everyone except the football club and decent, thinking fans are winners !

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:15 am

Iggy wrote:
Newell loves his city, apparently because he can leave his car and return to it a few hours later and it's still there! I know some people that could help out on that one. Very Happy

Yes but he was given a "special" parking service for his single handed saving of the Club.

I cannot believe how amateurish this all looks and I honestly think that Brent has been given for too much credit for being an astute businessman when since the minute he walked through the doors of Home Park all I have seen is incompetence and this mess confirms it.

It also confirms why Brent has needed his gang of thickos to apply underhandedness, corruption and deceit to attempt to get this through, he knew from the start that he was on a dodgy wicket.

Brent has completely underestimated the sense of outrage that this is going to create, there's a s much chance of this happening as there is of us reaching the Premier.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:17 am

Gareth Nicholson wrote:
Bullshit Rodeo is chillingly familiar. Especially when you consider the greasing up to Ridsdale.

That is class, very funny.

I remember a great deal of PM's going around when Ridsdale was receiving the most criticism. The tone of the message was keep the criticism of Ridsdale off Pasoti for the time being because Brent is getting jittery and it could scare him away.
Back to top Go down
Gareth Nicholson

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:51 am

Pokesdown wrote:
Gareth Nicholson wrote:

That is class, very funny.

I remember a great deal of PM's going around when Ridsdale was receiving the most criticism. The tone of the message was keep the criticism of Ridsdale off Pasoti for the time being because Brent is getting jittery and it could scare him away.

He'd still be around if it wasn't for his own arrogance. Brent wanted him, valued his expertise and experience and he'd wormed his way in with "influential voices". Brent was convinced that he could use him for good and thqat the problems Ridsdale had in the past were where he didn't have the right managerial checks on him. Can only assume that the Riddler didn't really fancy that so toddled off somewhere where he could run it.

There but for the grace of God given his subsequent issues holding a role as a Director.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

PAFC Planning Applications now online
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next