Mapperley, darling
Tgwu
GM Vauxhall
Chemical Ali
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage

PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:26 pm

Greenjock wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I see Bristol City are looking to upgrade their ground even though they've just been relegated to League 1. Their proposed ground development will give them a 26,500 all seater capacity rising to over 29,000 when the rail seating is finally allowed.

What stopped Argyle doing the same? Installing Rail seating in the Mayflower on the second tier of an actual GRANDstand which could be used when the legislation changes, not far away now, and give a much bigger capacity when needed.

Is Bristol so far ahead of Plymouth that these kind of radical ideas don't permeate far enough south? Rovers new ground will also make ours look like the bastard child of Picasso and Amy Winehouse.

I thought the rail seating just gave a supporter the chance to stand rather than sit, meaning that the number of persons that can stand equals the amount of seats (the rail being sited in front of the seat). Therefore how can the capacity increase at a later date? Not enough time to read it all so apologies if I am totally wrong Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:56 pm

Basically, it's 1.8 standing to 1 seat space.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 10:51 pm

mcfry wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I see Bristol City are looking to upgrade their ground even though they've just been relegated to League 1. Their proposed ground development will give them a 26,500 all seater capacity rising to over 29,000 when the rail seating is finally allowed.

What stopped Argyle doing the same? Installing Rail seating in the Mayflower on the second tier of an actual GRANDstand which could be used when the legislation changes, not far away now, and give a much bigger capacity when needed.

Is Bristol so far ahead of Plymouth that these kind of radical ideas don't permeate far enough south? Rovers new ground will also make ours look like the bastard child of Picasso and Amy Winehouse.

I thought the rail seating just gave a supporter the chance to stand rather than sit, meaning that the number of persons that can stand equals the amount of seats (the rail being sited in front of the seat). Therefore how can the capacity increase at a later date? Not enough time to read it all so apologies if I am totally wrong Embarassed

I imagine they are talking about installing the rail seats which will be used as seats, then IF the legislation changes the seats will be put up and locked into place. Thus changing that area in to 'safe standing'.

The chap who runs the safe standing roadshow is a Bristol City fan. I expect he has had a hand in this forward thinking. Pity Plymouth couldn't have some of that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 10:59 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
mcfry wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I imagine they are talking about installing the rail seats which will be used as seats, then IF the legislation changes the seats will be put up and locked into place. Thus changing that area in to 'safe standing'.

The chap who runs the safe standing roadshow is a Bristol City fan. I expect he has had a hand in this forward thinking. Pity Plymouth couldn't have some of that.

In any other city Brents plans would have been dismissed, but this is Plymouth we are talking about here
Village to the end
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 11:32 pm

When the AFT ran the Safe Standing Roadshow at the back end of last year Brent was compliant in jumping on the event bandwagon for publicity purposes but was insistent in saying, and I paraphrase, 'while I am personally happy to support safe standing as a football chairman it is not something that we will be including in our new development'. The plans for the new ministand were evidently cast in stone at that point. I wonder why my stinky smell-o-meter was twitching at the time. But I'd looked in his eyes..... and was almost convinced..........
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 8:50 am

Here one for the RSPB to look in to

Nesting boxes for birds and bats have been installed in trees across Plymouth's Central Park as part of a conservation programme.

Twenty bird and 25 bat boxes have been placed in trees throughout the park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 9:07 am

The wildlife survey of the existing buildings - specifically for bats & nesting birds - found no evidence of bats and recommended the building work be carried out outside the nesting season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:50 am

Hence no closed season build.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:56 am

Now where can we find a few rare bats?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:11 am

England cricket team
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:12 am

knecht wrote:
The wildlife survey of the existing buildings - specifically for bats & nesting birds - found no evidence of bats and recommended the building work be carried out outside the nesting season.

What about the trees around the car-park
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:56 pm

batman will be pissed if his friends have their homes knocked down for a carpark for yuppies.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 2:32 pm

He'll be fine..he's got a reserved space for the Batmobile in the underground car park (the Batcave) - you know how easy it is to buy people off with a car park pass....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 2:36 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
He'll be fine..he's got a reserved space for the Batmobile in the underground car park (the Batcave) - you know how easy it is to buy people off with a car park pass....

The FOCP better hire bane if worse comes to the worse i think.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 4:08 pm

There are bird deterrents on the new build. So no more seagulls on the roof of the grandstand at least
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Nothing has been discovered so far that will keep gulls away, and that includes guns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 4:12 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Nothing has been discovered so far that will keep gulls away, and that includes guns.

rice turns them into suicide bombers i found that out in school.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:03 pm

hairy j wrote:

Basically, it's 1.8 standing to 1 seat space.

Ah thanks for that Hairy Smile
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:10 pm

pepsipete wrote:

Course there has. Big industry is the bird proofing one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

PAFC Planning Applications now online
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15