Mapperley, darling
Tgwu
GM Vauxhall
Chemical Ali
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage

PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:42 pm

It's essentially a dig your heels in stance from the tub thumping pasoti crowd. It's the polar opposite of the Brent is evil brigade on here. I agree with neither group.

Newell's one of the worst in this. He's the owner of the biggest fan forums and he cannot see beyond an argument he had with someone on here four years ago. He's backing everything to the hilt without even considering that two years down the line, Brent won't want to be here, he won't waste his Saturday afternoon sat watching Plymouth Argyle games. Most of this development is being funded by other people/businesses/grants and all Brent really wants in the long term is to be a landlord. He's made that clear previously - Damon leaked it. Newell though will rather score imaginary internet points than see what's happening to HIS club.

What's going to happen when Brent zooms out of the place in a few years leaving dust in Newell's face - people on here will have an orgasm but it'll be a bad day for OUR club as we won't have anything near what we could have had.

Time to grow up people, time to stop the point scoring as the only winner in all of this will be James Brent and his bank balance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:52 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
mannameadbabe wrote:
green_genie wrote:
JB will have thought that PCC political will would force through the plans

His greed to include the >5000sq m of retail / leisure triggering the referral to Secretary of State for Planning must have been an oversight by his professionals
Unbelievable if that is the case - and not very professional at all.  

I am amazed at all the f*ckwittery surrounding this debacle - the drip-drip of information, the smoke and mirrors and deliberate ploy to mis-lead people, the useless and relentless PR machine serving up rubbish and the deployment of the bully boys.  I think that some coaching in how to conduct themselves professionally would be useful for Akkeron and the PAFC Board!  Rolling Eyes

I think its indicative of how bad the plans actually are. If they were THAT good then none of the nonsense would be happening - the development would sell itself. Does anyone really think that a row of shops stuck down a damp dark alley at the back of a football stand is going to succeed? What passing traffic do they hope to attract? Will people driving down Outland Road think that a trip to HHP will be worth it or will they just continue to Drakes Circus? Would you rather stay at a hotel on the Hoe and look out onto the Sound or drive around HP and hope that the road isn't closed when you want to leave? Why are there going to be 1500 seats at the Ice Rink but no professional ice hockey team (or multi use for the Raiders). A successful cinema should generate business for the restaurant chains that Brent hopes to attract but that is not a cast iron guarantee of success. And don't get me started on the corner flag school and dentists.....

Its not progress or "World Class". Its a load of bollocks.

But it will make Plymouth a city to be proud of :lol!:with another Premier Inn type hotel, a small ice rink, a 10 screen cinema (which we already have) and some more Nando's/ Macdonalds and Salt Rock outlets (which we already have).

I read someone (think it was a support letter) suggesting that top sports stars will stay in the HHP hotel- will they bollox- they'll want to stay somewhere decent in town/ or on the Hoe.

What big sporting events does plymouth hold to warrant big name stars wanting to foregone comfort and stay in a travelodge.lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:59 pm

hairy j wrote:

What's going to happen when Brent zooms out of the place in a few years leaving dust in Newell's face - people on here will have an orgasm but it'll be a bad day for OUR club as we won't have anything near what we could have had.

Time to grow up people, time to stop the point scoring as the only winner in all of this will be James Brent and his bank balance.

Very true, When it happens and happen it will there will no doubt be a few especially on here that will taunt nool and his croonies over their blind backing of that tapeworm who only sees ££££ signs when it comes to exploiting the club and he would deserve it too. Its the club must people are trying to protect with their objections to the plans not personal vendettas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:35 pm

You do sound like a condescending tw@ sometimes Hairy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:37 pm

Iggy wrote:

yeap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Iggy wrote:

It's true though. And Angry, seriously? You do no favours calling someone a "tapeworm". Truly pathetic. Attack the plan, not the man. You're too stupid to realise that though, just like Brother Newell over the road.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

According to Tony, it's "clear" the planners are on side and that the Labour party are also "on side". The planning application hasn't even reached that point yet. Don't count your chickens Tony - planners aren't like the people at the fan fests.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 9:04 pm

hairy j wrote:
Iggy wrote:

It's true though. And Angry, seriously? You do no favours calling someone a "tapeworm". Truly pathetic. Attack the plan, not the man. You're too stupid to realise that though, just like Brother Newell over the road.

According to Tony, it's "clear" the planners are on side and that the Labour party are also "on side". The planning application hasn't even reached that point yet. Don't count your chickens Tony - planners aren't like the people at the fan fests.

I attack the plan, the plan benefits the man so they are one in the same.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 9:14 pm

If the plans have to be altered in any way will it mean that new ones have to be submitted?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 10:14 pm

I'd be astounded if there weren't alternatives. Other people here, on pasoti and beyond all think that too. Brent's not stupid and I think this is his preferred option. Other options will have been planned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 10:29 pm

hairy j wrote:
Iggy wrote:

It's interesting that "Tony" seems to be banking his reputation on this, not that his reputation is worth much. I hear things a little differently then our friend, Hooper.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 10:46 pm

hairy j wrote:

There are, in fact, a number of us who have been saying that for a considerable time. I suppose it's something that you've finally grasped what's going on.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 10:48 pm

You and me both. There is long way to go yet.

Edit. This is a reply to GOB's post, but I messed up the quote box thingy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 6:08 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
hairy j wrote:

There are, in fact, a number of us who have been saying that for a considerable time. I suppose it's something that you've finally grasped what's going on.

You win the internet, well done.

Most of 'us' believe the above and have done for a fair while but we don't just crow on about it in every single post we ever make. Brent said it himself in more subtle terms when he took the club over as 'the reluctant bidder' - it's hardly a state secret you've uncovered. Most of the "he loves this club" has actually come from people like Newell who doesn't want to believe that someone who owns HIS club could exploit it in any way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:01 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

I think Hooper's response speaks volumes

"Looks very good for Akkeron from where I sit."

We know where you sit Hooper and where your loyalty's are, hence why you're not concerned about the Club and why you think it looks good for "Akkeron"....in your words. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:11 am

GOB wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

I think Hooper's response speaks volumes

"Looks very good for Akkeron from where I sit."

We know where you sit Hooper and where your loyalty's are, hence why you're not concerned about the Club and why you think it looks good for "Akkeron"....in your words. 

Tony you're just a bitch for the Brent boys. No matter how much you try and offer your services, you're dispensible and Fatman has plenty of shit on you to use in future Very Happy 

If your unswerving love for all things Brent ever wains or you decide to be seen to ask an awkward question because you think you're somebody important, then we'll see your little Argyle gravy train pass you by and your guest appearance in the directors box will be a one-off never to be repeated.

Now that will be worth tuning in for Very Happy So don't you go slipping Tony, wouldn't want to see a grown man grovel lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:11 am

hairy j wrote:

F*cking right I will. I have extra boxes of Kleenex on back order ready to wipe up the mess. It goes without saying, that when Brent fecks-off, leaving his fat Umpa Lumpa's with out a car parking space and a nice warm directors box seat, I'll be first in-line to shove that fact up Newell's, De-Liar's, Webbs, Hooppers....and the rest of his cohorts, up their f*cking big fat arses.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 10:46 am

Person Of Interest wrote:
hairy j wrote:

F*cking right I will. I have extra boxes of Kleenex on back order ready to wipe up the mess. It goes without saying, that when Brent fecks-off, leaving his fat Umpa Lumpa's with out a car parking space and a nice warm directors box seat, I'll be first in-line to shove that fact up Newell's, De-Liar's, Webbs, Hooppers....and the rest of his cohorts, up their f*cking big fat arses.

One problem. I reckon niiikkkk will be next chairman. Going to take someone daft to take on burden
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 1:57 pm

Nikkk and his crack legal team.

lulz.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:28 pm

Must be nearly time to give it up. The lunatics are in position to take over the village asylum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:41 pm

It's going to be very interesting to hear what ol' porkie comes out with next.

If Brent gets in a huff and storms off into the sunset if the plans get refused he isn't quite "in love" with the place as he had us to believe.

The quivering lip of his and all that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 5:03 pm

The reason will be that he was "hounded out" and people will generally believe it. Newell won't ever admit he's wrong and people on here/pasoti that criticise Newell (I've done it enough) will enjoy it. If the planning app js rejected it'll be the "underhand tactics of the freaks and weirdos".

From what I can see, the vast majority of objectors aren't even supporters - Newell's fighting his battle in the wrong place. He should be knocking on doors in Peverell rather than upseting the tree huggers and constantly fighting us freaks and weirdos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 5:41 pm

hairy j wrote:
The reason will be that he was "hounded out" and people will generally believe it. Newell won't ever admit he's wrong and people on here/pasoti that criticise Newell (I've done it enough) will enjoy it. If the planning app js rejected it'll be the "underhand tactics of the freaks and weirdos".

From what I can see, the vast majority of objectors aren't even supporters - Newell's fighting his battle in the wrong place. He should be knocking on doors in Peverell rather than upseting the tree huggers and constantly fighting us freaks and weirdos.

Thing is though Hairy James only has to amend a few things ie the road accesses, how many buisnesses he is planning to have there and how much of the park he is encroaching on that isnt within the carpark he owns and he will get the seal of approval whether he addresses the stand or not.

So if it is rejected it wouldnt take him long to rectify it and i feel thats what will happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 6:15 pm

I see Bristol City are looking to upgrade their ground even though they've just been relegated to League 1. Their proposed ground development will give them a 26,500 all seater capacity rising to over 29,000 when the rail seating is finally allowed.

What stopped Argyle doing the same? Installing Rail seating in the Mayflower on the second tier of an actual GRANDstand which could be used when the legislation changes, not far away now, and give a much bigger capacity when needed.

Is Bristol so far ahead of Plymouth that these kind of radical ideas don't permeate far enough south? Rovers new ground will also make ours look like the bastard child of Picasso and Amy Winehouse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 6:20 pm

Bristol City have probably been even more underachieving than us over the past 30 odd years. I'm amazed given the size of Bristol they've not been a regular Premier League club. Their owner is minted and actually is a fan too. It helps a'lot having fans in the boardroom as fans are mad and don't look at things logically.

That's the main issue for us - we aren't logical or pragmatic but Brent is.

If I owned the club, I'd buy them eighteen strikers and build a 65,000 seat capacity ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 6:32 pm

hairy j wrote:
Bristol City have probably been even more underachieving than us over the past 30 odd years. I'm amazed given the size of Bristol they've not been a regular Premier League club. Their owner is minted and actually is a fan too. It helps a'lot having fans in the boardroom as fans are mad and don't look at things logically.

That's the main issue for us - we aren't logical or pragmatic but Brent is.

If I owned the club, I'd buy them eighteen strikers and build a 65,000 seat capacity ground.

Plymouth has alot to offer but i have the feeling no one ever in the council has ever tried to push to attract more interest in the city to stop some people thinking britain stops at bristol.

If some where calling for a 65000 size stadium then the logical and pragmatic bit i would agree with you on but i think 25000-30000 is plenty big enough for the stadium to grow too over the years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PAFC Planning Applications now online   PAFC Planning Applications now online - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

PAFC Planning Applications now online
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next