Chemical Ali
pepsipete
Tringreen
Freathy
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

New President - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Any players yet ? Or is that of secondary importance to the mutual back slapping marathon event at Home Park ?

There wont be any more players,still we have James Brent and Webby in the club and Aviva fests every home game.
Smash one off to that when were in the Conference!!!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:26 pm

Bang goes the Trust then.. Just had its legs cut from right under it.

Still, I doubt that Chris cares much, he was never a 'Trust' man anyway. He couldn't wait to get away from them and form his own little CP group which Brent already has wrapped around his little finger.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 6:00 pm

Rickler wrote:

Bang goes the Trust then.. Just had its legs cut from right under it.
Still, I doubt that Chris cares much, he was never a 'Trust' man anyway. He couldn't wait to get away from them and form his own little CP group which Brent already has wrapped around his little finger.

Interesting you say that Ricks. There are only 4 board members left on the trust.

Tim Chown
Leigh Rapson
Gareth Nicholson
Wozzer Bowden

Where have all the others gone? And more importantly, why have they gone? WTF is going on?
Back to top Go down
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 6:01 pm

This appointment i fear will end in tears, In Chris Webb you have a ready made scapegoat if it goes all tits up with Brent, Him and Ridsdale had a conversation between them and thought how they could get the great unwashed on side, Easy, Offer the self proclaimed messiah of the Trust a role as "President" who will have no say in any matters, because, A, He is not "Their type", B, Has no financial clout or has put any money into the club, Any board meetings will go like this, "Thanks for your input about improving the toilet Chris, Now run along while we talk money, players etc"

He is purely been put there to keep the great unwashed onside. Of course being a Union man, he's used to thinking only of himself, Its a bit like when John Prescott wanted to get rid of the House of Lords, But funnily enough changed his mind when he got a peerage!! Total sell out.

I do believe the evil that is Ridsdale is behind this appointment, In all the clubs he has been with and screwed to the ground he has never once endorsed this "Fans Having A Say" and i honestly believe Ridsdale is going to use him and then let him be thrown to the wolves when it goes tits up.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 6:34 pm

Southborne wrote:
This appointment i fear will end in tears, In Chris Webb you have a ready made scapegoat if it goes all tits up with Brent, Him and Ridsdale had a conversation between them and thought how they could get the great unwashed on side, Easy, Offer the self proclaimed messiah of the Trust a role as "President" who will have no say in any matters, because, A, He is not "Their type", B, Has no financial clout or has put any money into the club, Any board meetings will go like this, "Thanks for your input about improving the toilet Chris, Now run along while we talk money, players etc"

He is purely been put there to keep the great unwashed onside. Of course being a Union man, he's used to thinking only of himself, Its a bit like when John Prescott wanted to get rid of the House of Lords, But funnily enough changed his mind when he got a peerage!! Total sell out.

I do believe the evil that is Ridsdale is behind this appointment, In all the clubs he has been with and screwed to the ground he has never once endorsed this "Fans Having A Say" and i honestly believe Ridsdale is going to use him and then let him be thrown to the wolves when it goes tits up.

Can't see why it should go tits up. The aviva masses worship him, they love a legend Rolling Eyes , and most of them won't care what happens as long as they have their Argo. The rest of the 'I bleed green boys' will get their days out in the directors' box in return for raising a few quid and keeping the Aviva boys under control.
Why does our club have to be the saddest and most parochial in the land ?

Jeeeez...it really is getting too much to big , gay bear ! Oh well, at least we'll get a few more laughs. Give 'em enough rope and they'll hang themselves ! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 6:49 pm

I think it's already starting to go tits up, I have a feeling this is going to get interesting!

RIP Pasoti Trust
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:02 pm

GOB wrote:
I think it's already starting to go tits up, I have a feeling this is going to get interesting!

RIP Pasoti Trust

Maybe Gareth Nicholson could give us an honest appraisal of how things stand and whether he believes the Trust has a future that people would want to buy into , rather than throwing their money at Newell to pay for the kit of mediocre players,to save Brent the trouble ?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:03 pm

I can see this site getting many more members if (when) we maintain our current league position going into the New Year. Any anti-brent dissent on Pasoti will be very swiftly dealt with I fear jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:25 pm

I think it's going the way of people feeling betrayed and this is going to end up an almighty backfire that I can't see the Pasoti Trust surviving with any significance, owing to the the past leaders actions. Watch this space, Freathy may have a point!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:38 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Often a management ploy, offer the Union guy a post in management. Think it is a good appointment though.

What surprises me the most, is that Chris Webb has actually accepted the role. It's almost all a bit 'poacher turned gamekeeper'.

By all accounts, his first reaction was to think it all a bit elitest, which of course, would be completely natural for a trade unionist. He was then persuaded to take the role by Newell and Co. No doubt our Mr Newell's dreams of guest seats in the Directors box played a large part in his efforts to ensure Webby signed up.

The problem for Chris Webb in all of this, is that sooner or later circumstances will change, and the Brent love-in will fade - how long have previous Argyle owners/Chairman remained in vogue? Then, instead of being at the head of a strong and independent Fans Trust, he'll find himself having to defend whatever measures and constraints Brent has seen fit to implement.

That's something that should be quite alien to the Trade Union guy.

Well, you would have thought so, wouldn't you?

Without being disrespectful (but I will be) I wouldn't mind betting that I have forgotten more about Trade Unionism and defending working people than you will ever know.

Why don't you wait and see how things pan out without giving out you completely false opinion. I will be nobody near the boardroom or directors box.

I will not defend anyone for the sake of it. If something is wrong then I will speak out as I have always done. Nothing will ever change who I am.

I stood down from the Trust because I simply wanted to play a part in saving the Club. That was done so I moved on to allow someone else the chance to take the next step.

Happy to compare track records on trade unionism anytime......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:41 pm

GOB wrote:
It's an excellent move for Brent and it's straight off the Management Manual and Chris took the bait, hook, line and sinker. For a supposed union guy, that's disappointing but I guess it was worth the price of his soul and well predicted.

The real question is, what's Newell's prize in this *it's all for chairttttty" malarky, OBE?

Again GOB, unlike you but completely wide of the mark.

If I wanted to "take the bair" then I would have welcomed the offer to talk about the board wouldn't I.

James Brent simply wanted to say thank you to the supporters. Unbelievable how somebody could see a problem with that.

Let it go - you'll feel much more at ease with yourself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:42 pm

Southborne wrote:

Honestly.

To spend a day in your head.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:43 pm

The President is rattled. Unleash the sherry !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:47 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Far from rattled Tringy. Just a little sad.

James Brent has recognised the supporters today.

Nobody has been bought off, my opinions remain my own, theres no pay for the role, theres no lines to tow.

I just find it sad that rather than have a rational debate people like you go onto here and even sites of opposition supporters attacking fellow Argyle fans.

Very sad.

I have desperately tried to keep posting on here and listen to everyones opinions.

We have a chance to create something really special at our Club but you guys are too busy in your bitter worlds to realise it.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:57 pm

Chris Webb wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Nobody has been bought off, my opinions remain my own, theres no pay for the role, theres no lines to tow.

I just find it sad that rather than have a rational debate people like you go onto here and even sites of opposition supporters attacking fellow Argyle fans.

Very sad.

I have desperately tried to keep posting on here and listen to everyones opinions.

We have a chance to create something really special at our Club but you guys are too busy in your bitter worlds to realise it.

Chris

You have your views President , we have ours. You are sounding more like Napoleon every day. Anything he gets he deserves, for his bullying and underhand tactics on his farm and elsewhere. Quite a few Exeter fans agree.
Care to elaborate on why WE have the chance to create something special ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:02 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Chris Webb wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Very sad.

Chris

You have your views President , we have ours. You are sounding more like Napoleon every day. Anything he gets he deserves, for his bullying and underhand tactics on his farm and elsewhere. Quite a few Exeter fans agree.

Shock horror stop the press - Exeter fans have an issue with high profile Argyle supporter(s).

I have asked Frank B to delete my account.

I really hope Wozzer succeeds where it seems I have failed - to be treated with a little respect.

All the best.

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:06 pm

Guest wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Chris Webb wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Very sad.

Chris

Shock horror stop the press - Exeter fans have an issue with high profile Argyle supporter(s).

I really hope Wozzer succeeds where it seems I have failed - to be treated with a little respect.

All the best.

Chris

Account deleted as requested. Copy of PM from Chris saved in my inbox if there are any questions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:10 pm

Whether you agree with the man or not, how was that any different from the moronic bullying that you claim to detest on pasoti? Fucking shit!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:12 pm

Tizzy fit time!
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:13 pm

Very sad to see Chris Webb throw his hand in and have his account deleted. If this is how he reacts when things get difficult does not bode well for the future of his Presidency. Chris stay and fight, win people over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:14 pm

funny man wrote:
Whether you agree with the man or not, how was that any different from the moronic bullying that you claim to detest on pasoti? Fucking shit!

The difference is that Chris has requested our views on a number of occasions, the last time he received a thread of thanks, this time it didn't go his way, simple as that really.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Guest wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Chris Webb wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Very sad.

Chris

All the best.

Chris

Dear God. What a drama Queen ! Clearly very similar mentality to Newell. It's either my way, or the highway.Wonder if he's ever read the endless boasting and piss taking his 'high profile' yet moronic mate has come out with on there over the years. The man is a laughing stock and is getting his just rewards.
Even the Exewebbers blame the Pasoti culture for assisting and continuing our demise.

Didn't think he'd be able to elaborate on why WE have the chance to build something good. The Pasoti party line hasn't exactly got the best track record of forward thinking.

Last edited by Tringreen on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:15 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Very sad to see Chris Webb throw his hand in and have his account deleted. If this is how he reacts when things get difficult does not bode well for the future of his Presidency. Chris stay and fight, win people over.

In one Pete!

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:29 pm

funny man wrote:

What are you on about ? What bullying ? This is two grown men disagreeing and in true Pasoti style, he runs and hides if you don't bow down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:32 pm

I do feel for Posty tonight, if anyone really did save the club then it was him, how will he be rewarded in this day of gifts and honors?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New President
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next