Tringreen
Freathy
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
X Isle

X Isle

New President - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:18 am

If true we shall see if that place on the board remains available for the incoming elected Trust Chair. Ridsdale/Brent either WANT a fan representation there or they don't, they can't pick the representative.

I hope Wozzer gets the vote and not the more elitist faction in the Trust heirarchy, it's probably the difference in me renewing next year or not. I'm not giving a fee if the self congratulory self styled uberfans hold the balance of power. I need to be represented by people who wish to represent the whole Green Army, not just the easily lead happy clappy. We need a representative body with an independent voice, not a collar and lead trailing behind the ownerships hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:35 pm

I would imagine that it would definitely still be available or it would mean that the position would have been created for Chris alone and not as a "thank you" for the fans.

It would suggest...

1) Chris joined the Trust at the start.
2) Assisted Brent to gain the purchase.
3) Left the Trust upon the purchase of the club and, with the Trust still in its infancy.
4) Joined Brent in the boardroom.

It would almost seem that Chris's intention from the start was not to forward or benefit the Trust, but to assist Brent! Surely not?

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:44 pm

just can't resist..............

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:17 pm

Looks like the new president's role is to act as Bathing Ape (but without the wit)-

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Tringreen wrote:
just can't resist..............

Just when you think this site is becoming serious, Tringy comes up with something to cheer us up! lol!

The baby Jesus weeps, Naps is taking some serious shit on there, but, deep in our minds we all have those exact concerns that those Exwebby type guys are saying, all except Newell and Webb that is!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Looks like the new president's role is to act as Bathing Ape (but without the wit)-

Am I right in thinking that Chris's role is to relay Brent's messages to the fans?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:36 pm

I think the Exewebbers have cracked it. Brent likes a 'useful idiot or two'.

My God how he must have to grin between gritted teeth when being paraded among the great unwashed Aviva hundreds by those goons.

Suppose it's horses for courses right now.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:46 pm

Viva the furtherence of unity eh Embarassed.

For the record Chris, the views on this thread that represent my personal standpoint on things can be found posted under my name Wink.

Difference is if they don't tow the party line on here (not that there is one) they stay exactly where they are. On PASOTI the thread would be locked and then shunted off to an obscure archive not unlike the eponomous (sp) arc in Raiders of the lost arc. That's why I like it here, I wish you'd stayed.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:52 pm

You think I'm way off the mark then Smiffy ?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:00 pm

GOB wrote:
I would imagine that it would definitely still be available or it would mean that the position would have been created for Chris alone and not as a "thank you" for the fans.

It would suggest...

1) Chris joined the Trust at the start.
2) Assisted Brent to gain the purchase.
3) Left the Trust upon the purchase of the club and, with the Trust still in its infancy.
4) Joined Brent in the boardroom.

It would almost seem that Chris's intention from the start was not to forward or benefit the Trust, but to assist Brent! Surely not?

Add in to raise his own profile and add another tick in the cv box, and I think you may be close to the mark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:18 pm

I'm not saying that is the case but it's a shame that Chris is no longer here, I genuinely don't know what his role is?

I don't have a problem for him to speak on behalf of the club or Brent, if that's what he is doing and he would probably be a good balance to a degree, I would just like to know if he is?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:21 pm

Ours is not to question why. Us is just expected to turn up and buy !...................... and be grateful jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:25 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Ours is not to question why. Us is just expected to turn up and buy !...................... and be grateful jocolor

Yes old wise one lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:43 pm

X Isle wrote:
Viva the furtherence of unity eh Embarassed.

For the record Chris, the views on this thread that represent my personal standpoint on things can be found posted under my name Wink.

Difference is if they don't tow the party line on here (not that there is one) they stay exactly where they are. On PASOTI the thread would be locked and then shunted off to an obscure archive not unlike the eponomous (sp) arc in Raiders of the lost arc. That's why I like it here, I wish you'd stayed.

Indeed, and on a fitting day to make point, all that is required is a freedom of speech and the freedom to question, it's something that today was very relevant for.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

who was bathing ape anyway being a mere mortal i never did find out?, but back on track what i love about this site is the quality of the posts and there seem to be new members on here all time adding to the quality apart from myself who probably lowers the intellect some what but i find gobs post especially intriguing especially if you also read a few of the comments on exeweb was webb and co used from the begining to ensure that james brent got what he wanted at the price he wanted.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 7:00 pm

argyledj wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

who was bathing ape anyway being a mere mortal i never did find out?, but back on track what i love about this site is the quality of the posts and there seem to be new members on here all time adding to the quality apart from myself who probably lowers the intellect some what but i find gobs post especially intriguing especially if you also read a few of the comments on exeweb was webb and co used from the begining to ensure that james brent got what he wanted at the price he wanted.

From what I could work out (probably wrongly) he seemed to be fairly close to sturrock. He used to post on Footballforums.net about Swindon when sturrock was manager there and then he started posting more about Argyle when sturrock returned for his second stint. Then he turned up on Pasoti.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 7:02 pm

argyledj wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

It has nothing to do with intellect mate. I just say things like that to wind up certain people. We just don't like being bullied, or told what to think and say.

Nobody, not even Ian Newell, will be silenced from speaking his truth on here.

That is what sets us apart and why we are growing.

We are inclusive.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 7:17 pm

argyledj wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

In the style of Bathing Ape- Bino's Male Offspring

Last edited by Chemical Ali on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:09 pm

GOB wrote:
I'm not saying that is the case but it's a shame that Chris is no longer here

I couldn't disagree more ... now he's moved on and has taken an even more public role, I can say what I really think. I'm delighted he doesn't post his Stalinist nonsense here any more ( and that comes from someone left of left ) . Along with that, he sadly never really understood the values of ATD. In 8000 + posts in 6 months of ATD, I remember three posters here taking real umbridge about posts made on ATD by fellow posters in good faith ... two of them were Webb and Newell... that's a fact. He even cited being called by his own name Webb as low level abuse.... what sort of fluffy pillow dauphin are we talking about here ? His pre planned cancellation on here ( along with his mate ) was full of bad grace for someone in an honary position at the club.
He tucked under the wing of of his new mate all too quickly. I've met trade union people like that before .... Eton doesn't have a monopoly on such characters. The ends justifies the means 80's boot boy philosophy grafted onto him by Newell is fast running out of steam all over the Western world... let alone here. It isn't sustainable for a club that supposedly has new community aspirations.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 3:37 am

Shouldn't post whilst pissed (please ignore)

Last edited by Chemical Ali on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 8:45 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
As the person who upset the President twice- the heinous crime of calling him Webb and Chairman Bellend, he's a bit soft. Like Mock and IJN I attended the best school in Plymouth - I fear our poor president only went to a comprehensive (I'm guessing Tamarside or Eggbuckland). Might upset a few but lefties need education at a proper school Laughing

ALways thought IJN went to the school next door to the best school in Plymouth. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 8:47 am

penzancepirate wrote:
GOB wrote:

I couldn't disagree more ... now he's moved on and has taken an even more public role, I can say what I really think. I'm delighted he doesn't post his Stalinist nonsense here any more ( and that comes from someone left of left ) . Along with that, he sadly never really understood the values of ATD. In 8000 + posts in 6 months of ATD, I remember three posters here taking real umbridge about posts made on ATD by fellow posters in good faith ... two of them were Webb and Newell... that's a fact. He even cited being called by his own name Webb as low level abuse.... what sort of fluffy pillow dauphin are we talking about here ? His pre planned cancellation on here ( along with his mate ) was full of bad grace for someone in an honary position at the club.
He tucked under the wing of of his new mate all too quickly. I've met trade union people like that before .... Eton doesn't have a monopoly on such characters. The ends justifies the means 80's boot boy philosophy grafted onto him by Newell is fast running out of steam all over the Western world... let alone here. It isn't sustainable for a club that supposedly has new community aspirations.

Far too astute for the average Aviva.

No wonder the brown shirts on Pasoti despised you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 9:03 am

penzancepirate wrote:
GOB wrote:

Well yeah, I agree lol!

I do think though, that given his new position, that we now always call him Mr President, it's only fitting! lol!
Back to top Go down
Micky Horswill

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 9:52 am

Interesting stuff. Very interesting. Pasoti has gone downhill so much over the last 12 months, at a time when it should be vibrant. At this time of year particularly we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we could have freedom of speech.

Just a thought, like.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 9:54 am

Micky Horswill wrote:
Interesting stuff. Very interesting. Pasoti has gone downhill so much over the last 12 months, at a time when it should be vibrant. At this time of year particularly we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we could have freedom of speech.

Just a thought, like.

Our 100th member ! Welcome Micky !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

New President
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next