shonbo
Dougie
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

How Much Does The President Know? Empty
PostSubject: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:56 pm

It's becoming apparent how much information the President is privy too. On a thread questioning the silence coming out of Home Park he's currently confirmed wage cuts Have been accepted by Walton Fletcher and Larrieu, that Brent is working with top FA FL Premier League Mentors and that there will be signings in January.

Not so much of a problem you might say but it's the way the info comes out. It's only when he's being pushed or people are calling Brent into question that it comes out to put people straight. It not offered up freely.

Will the same information be made available to fans reps when they are sorted?

How is it given to the President, in confidence or for broadcast purposes?

Is it shared with others, real life friends if you like, before it becomes public?

Is this an example of the new openess we can expect from the new regime?
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Any chance of a linky thing. I can't find it. Ta Question
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

All in here abouts

The mentoring thing is interesting n'est pas.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Thanks Dougie, the one thread I hadn't read Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:50 pm

He probably has orgasms thinking he is getting all this lovely info and he can big it up by spreading it to the great unwashed. In reality he is being used to give out what information the owner wants to be known. This is what experienced business people do, use people. If there really was a secret to be kept he wouldn't get anywhere near it. What has he said in that thread exactly. There is a wage cap. Yep we already know that. James will be signing a couple on before the end of the month. Could be two more redundancies then and them signing on. We can't spend lots of money cause the football league won't let us. Useful bit there so we won't fret when he doesn't and it's not his fault. Basically saying stick to it supporters and trust in James the Bountiful, oh and by the way keep handing over your dosh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Cw Is definitely on the defensive, I think the masses are starting to question what is actually happening or indeed not happening at hp
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:02 pm

We're in as deep shit now as we were when we were in adminstration. We have not been saved at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:06 pm

Gardner and Todd have been, that was the point of the exercise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:17 pm

All a total load of bollox about the League not letting Argyle have a stadium sponsor, many teams do it and nothing is said. If the League scrutinised everything as much as Chris claims, how the hell is Ken Bates still the owner of Leeds Utd? He was owner when they went into administration, and he is owner now.

The Football Authorities could not give a toss what goes on off the field and if James Brent paid £1 million pound and called HP, The Harry Potter Arena, not one word would be said. Absolute load of drivel designed to hold off the pressure on Brent for the lack of any ambition while we are officially the worst professional football club in England.

Golden opportunity now right for Brent to ask Warnock outright if he wants to become our manager, even to assist Fletcher until the end of the season, and if he says no, which he probably would, then at least he's made the effort. If he says yes, call the stadium what you want and let the League procrastinate for 3 months before doing anything about it. In that time Warnock should be able to get us out of trouble. Then if the League say it's a bit naughty, say sorry, we thought it was Ok because Man City did it, and publicly question why it's Ok for them and not us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:21 pm

It really is cheerfulness that keeps you so young and going isn't it Freathy.

Of course we are better off. We would no longer exist so that is infinately better off that would have been. We are no more likely to maintain league status is the similar position at the moment. I would still rather there be an Argyle in non league than no Argyle at all despite the current happenings.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:23 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It really is cheerfulness that keeps you so young and going isn't it Freathy.

Of course we are better off. We would no longer exist so that is infinately better off that would have been. We are no more likely to maintain league status is the similar position at the moment. I would still rather there be an Argyle in non league than no Argyle at all despite the current happenings.

Argyle in non-league will not survive. Relegation out of the league is the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:25 pm

Freathy wrote:
We're in as deep shit now as we were when we were in adminstration. We have not been saved at all.

Look on the bright side - Bath would be a nice place to visit for a local derby.

If they stay up. Bugger, I've only just noticed how much at risk they are of going down! That would leave Forest Green as our closest away game! This is bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:34 pm

This dooms day scenario is based of course on so many other ex league clubs dropping down and going out of business isn't it. Why would Argyle be such and exception to the normal rules then? Exeter went there, Torquay went there plenty started there. What exactly would make the difference with us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:45 pm

Could be 5 years down there though Sensible. Look at Luton, still there now. Only one promotion place every season and crowds down to around 3,000. A whole load of fans deciding not to bother anymore and suddenly becoming lifelong Man City fans. It probably wouldn't finish us but it would be a damn site different to what most of us have been used to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:51 pm

Agree with that greenjock although it is equally possible that we could do a bounce. Why not others have. But, what pisses me off is the Private Fraser sound alikes who, just because it is Argyle run around shouting we are doomed all the time. There is absolutely nothing that suggests Argyle would go out of business. We may take another dent or two yes but there is a world of difference. We are a relatively big fish in the current pond albeit doing badly and we would be an equally big fish in the next one down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Agree with that greenjock although it is equally possible that we could do a bounce. Why not others have. But, what pisses me off is the Private Fraser sound alikes who, just because it is Argyle run around shouting we are doomed all the time. There is absolutely nothing that suggests Argyle would go out of business. We may take another dent or two yes but there is a world of difference. We are a relatively big fish in the current pond albeit doing badly and we would be an equally big fish in the next one down.

I thought that even with our troubles we would bounce straight back up this season! Now that was optimistic as it turns out Razz
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:13 pm

3,000 crowds is very optimistic when we're a lower/midtable BSP side with no hope of promotion. I can see crowds of 2,000 or much less. I don't think costs could be cut sufficiently enough to sustain us over the longer term or even medium term. After a couple of seasons we'll be back in administration.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:16 pm

I think that it was wishful thinking on a lot of our part and maybe we didn't appreciate quite how low we would have to go but there is still a long way to go from here to extinction. We don't need any other set of supporters to wish us to disappear when we have enough of our own forecasting it every day. Good job some weren't in charge at Dunkirk or plenty of us would not have been born.
Back to top Go down
Bodmin Tew

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:34 am

Freathy wrote:

How the hell do you work that one out? We would be liquidated now without Brent, approve of his plans or not. As it happens we stand an evens chance of staying in the FL next season. I take it that if a couple of changes/additions are made in January and that we stay up you will offer an unqualified apology to Mr Brent?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 7:48 am

Bodmin Tew wrote:
Freathy wrote:

How the hell do you work that one out? We would be liquidated now without Brent, approve of his plans or not. As it happens we stand an evens chance of staying in the FL next season. I take it that if a couple of changes/additions are made in January and that we stay up you will offer an unqualified apology to Mr Brent?

Certainly not!! Laughing Laughing

Surviving by knats hair this season is not a reason for apologies to anyone! It's the VERY least I would expect brent to achieve. This is a terrible division full of shit teams and players. However, I don't hold out much hope for survival as the excuses for failure are already being trotted out by his mouthpieces. Apology my ase! Brent has a helluva lot more to do than just survive in this poxy godforsaken division before I apologise to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:25 am

Freathy wrote:
3,000 crowds is very optimistic when we're a lower/midtable BSP side with no hope of promotion. I can see crowds of 2,000 or much less. I don't think costs could be cut sufficiently enough to sustain us over the longer term or even medium term. After a couple of seasons we'll be back in administration.

Shouting about Zoo corner being close, I think all side would be close but the main grandstand if will go down to BSP.

We have a chance to stay up. but the right footballing decisions needs to be made. the only worry on this is the lack of cash from Mr Brent. will he use his £1.7m win-fall from the Council?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:35 am

How much does the president know? Zilch!

Today there is a "positive interview" with Feeny. Now i'm no expert but surely he isn't going to say in an interview "we're shit, we're doomed" so of course it's going to be a positive interview!! This happy clappy everything's rosy talk is getting boring now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:42 am

Not that I've followed every word over there (there is life away from football), but have I read this right?

Quote :
the staff have been through hell and have accepted tight repayment scheduled - imagine how they would feel if James Brent was to pull out an extra £2m for new investment - not exactly morally right

Is the president really saying that one of the reasons we won't sign anybody else is because it might upset the staff?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:47 am

Peggy wrote:
Not that I've followed every word over there (there is life away from football), but have I read this right?

Quote :
the staff have been through hell and have accepted tight repayment scheduled - imagine how they would feel if James Brent was to pull out an extra £2m for new investment - not exactly morally right

Is the president really saying that one of the reasons we won't sign anybody else is because it might upset the staff?

I've read it 3 times to make sure and I read that the same way!! Mad what a joke!!
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:58 am

I don't know what the president knows, and frankly having read that thread on Pbay* I couldn't care less either - it's all just propaganda from the overlords:

"the staff have been through hell and have accepted tight repayment scheduled [sic] - imagine how they would feel if James Brent was to pull out an extra £2m for new investment - not exactly morally right."

I don't think this statement needs any comment from me...

However:
I do know that we're currently sitting in 92nd place in the League and are four points from safety.
I do know that in the Football League, only Chesterfield in League One have accrued less points than us.
I do know that no team in the Football League has a worse goal difference than us.
I do know that so far we have brought no new players to the club during this transfer window, and surely - surely - potential targets would have been identified well in advance and deals put together for when the window opened.
I do know that there is not yet a corporate structure at Argyle and it's been months since the takeover.
I do know that dropping out of the Football League is shifting from a possibility to a probability at an alarmingly fast rate. (Sorry Freathy, I'm not sold on it being a certainty. Yet.)

*(Whover coined the name Pbay - top marks.)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Much Does The President Know?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next