seadog
Czarcasm
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:10 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
My lawn is growing at an unfeasibly alarming rate. Must be the time of year.

It's what grass does in the growing season....problem is the councils green recycling bin (why is it brown ?) is already full...not being emptied till Friday....can't afford to pay for two.

use it as a mulch
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:10 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
ZYPH wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
My lawn is growing at an unfeasibly alarming rate. Must be the time of year.

It's what grass does in the growing season....problem is the councils green recycling bin (why is it brown ?) is already full...not being emptied till Friday....can't afford to pay for two.

use it as a mulch

....and pass on all those weeds to the flower borders....Mrs ZYPH would not be too happy.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:38 pm

set up your own compost area, the good lady will love not spending cash for it ever again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 11:01 am

half a stick of french bread and tesco crap crisps for brunch,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:00 pm

set up your own compost area, the good lady will love not spending cash for it ever again

People are buying their own lawn mowings and clipping back from the compost manufacturers and it is crap, too much llandii hedge clippings, it is woody and sour as hell, I make my own compost and plants thrive on it, a mulch is like a feed, it is weedy but a quick hoe when it's dry sorts that out.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:12 pm

Top time at stay and play today. First, we built a castle (no lego, though, just wooden blocks). Then we knocked part of it down to put some windows in. Then we did some mixing - chocolate rice krispie cakes and marshmallow rice krispie cakes. Then we did some writing.

Or rather, I did some writing for the five year old to copy, but she whisked it away to show her teacher. When the teacher asked if she'd done it all by herself, she said yes ... not knowing that some of the writing actually said that she hadn't. I was in the dog house briefly, but we went back to the cookery table and the sight of all the sugar made her forget that she hated me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:19 pm

Watched Lincoln last night. Good but not the epic I was expecting. You might have to be American to appreciate it as much?

Missed Fireman Sam this morning, although I did see Norman Price snowboarding out of the corner of my eye and thought he would probably end up cause mayhem which resulted in Sam being the hero again and Mrs Price shouting "Norman Price" in her screachy Welsh accent and Norman replying "Oh Mam".
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:21 pm

Iggy wrote:

People are buying their own lawn mowings and clipping back from the compost manufacturers and it is crap, too much llandii hedge clippings, it is woody and sour as hell, I make my own compost and plants thrive on it, a mulch is like a feed, it is weedy but a quick hoe when it's dry sorts that out.

see thats where im anally on top of my compost systems, no weed seeds/roots or clippings in mine.

mulch from grass cuttings only supplies a small amount of fertility, its main use is to suppress weed growth and to keep the soil under it damp, negating the need to water so often. closed loops, its the permaculture way, small input maximum yield
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Fore shore Mapps, I have a super mix of chicken shit, kitchen waste and garden clippings, trouble is it never gets hot enough to kill the seeds I think it's a size thing. I am not organic far less permaculture although I grow veg the way my Grandad did, feed the soil not the plant, I grow some great veg, feck miracle grow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 3:04 pm

My neighbour knocked on my door at 2:30am this morning, can you believe
that, 2:30am?! Luckily for him I was still up playing my Bagpipes! tongue 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 3:27 pm

Iggy wrote:

see thats where im anally on top of my compost systems, no weed seeds/roots or clippings in mine.

mulch from grass cuttings only supplies a small amount of fertility, its main use is to suppress weed growth and to keep the soil under it damp, negating the need to water so often.  closed loops, its the permaculture way, small input maximum yield

Ground Elder spreads well in grass cuttings....but as you say most other weeds are supressed....I don't know which is worse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 9:30 pm

You can eat ground elder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 9:38 pm

I was in bed with a blind girl last night and she said that I had the
biggest p* nis she had ever laid her hands on. I said "You're pulling my
leg!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 3:26 pm

is it extremely classless to drink chilled red wine ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 3:36 pm

alannotivvy wrote:

Not at all, Al. Especially when mixed with Stella and a drop of Captain Morgan's Spice Rum.drunken 
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 3:46 pm

alannotivvy wrote:

No not at all. It doesn't have to be chilled to refrigerator temps, but a lot of reds will taste more flavourful at 10deg than 25deg, depending on the grape. I'll whack one in the fridge for half an hour a lot of the time, especially if the weather is like it is at the moment.

In other news, and to balance out the level of middle-classness in this post, I've just eaten three (3) packets of skips and the kids will be fuming when they find out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 4:26 pm

I've eaten loads of Jacobs Oddities, smokey bacon flavour.

Drinking ice cold Kronenbourg hopefully without any strange objects inside this time. I thought I had a slug in my bottle earlier this week but apparently it's just protein and carbohydrates that form a haze.

Still I got my money back, plus a new 6 pack from the shop I bought them in and Kronenbourg are sending me some vouchers as well for my trouble.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 10:16 am

ivedecided to chill the wine and have warm, flat cider for the cricket today. i havent decided on what sandwich yet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 10:42 am

Fishing trip cancelled due to pissed up younger son falling off push bike last night and has removed skin off one of his fore arms, bleddy pussy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:03 am

Off out to a vintage car and steam engine rally. Yeehah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:08 am

thats verging on trainspotting mentality!!!
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Right. Now I like to think I'm in touch with my masculine side, so I can kind of understand why, when things start to get a bit less firm, some men in late middle age feel the need to compensate. By buying a great eff-off big noisy motorbike, for example. (Nothing against great eff-off big motorbikes in general, note - just read on.)

What I can't understand (no kind of about it) is why one particular man in late middle age has to get home on said great eff-off big noisy motorbike in the small hours. Nor, since he doesn't live in our street, why he has to keep it in one of our garages. Hence waking everybody up when he does finally get home - but not, sneakily, the people in whatever street he does live in. Neighbourliness. We're all in it together. Mos def.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 8:17 am

Well I don't drive, never have and I'm not really interested in steam engines but this was a huge event with fairground rides for the kids, horse shows, car boot sale, BEER TENT and loads of other stuff.

The kids tired themselves out, as did mother, so it was a good day out in the sun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am

bouncy castle ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:07 am

Huge bouncy castle. Couldn't get little un off it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next